WEN Haircare TSV 27/4/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I used the mint and almond one in the shower. When I dried my hair it looked like the before photos they showed during the presentation. Used the steampod. Hair looked lifeless so gave it a brush with babyliss big hair. Couldn't get the ends to click up as they normally do. Itchy scalp too but I will preserve.

Oh dear!!!! Did you rinse enough? I know but have to keep saying this.

Now if you have a problem with mint which some do could be the cause of itchy scalp.
Loads of rinsing with cool water. Don't know about problems with mint. I drink mint tea and eat polos OK. LOL.
Will try the pomegranate next week maybe sooner if the itching does not subside.

Loads of rinsing with cool water. Don't know about problems with mint. I drink mint tea and eat polos OK. LOL.
Will try the pomegranate next week maybe sooner if the itching does not subside.

I haven't tried Wen, usually use Aveda these days (Scalp Benefits shampoo and conditioner) I can't use their mint shampoo when I go to the hairdressers for a wash,cut and blow-dry as it stings my scalp and then makes it itch. Incidentally I have had mild psoriasis on my scalp for years so I have to be careful what I use on it. Maybe give it a few more goes and see if it works, but at least you have the MBG with Q if not. I've lost count of the amount of hair products I've tried from the high street and then thrown them away when they didn't work.

Okay, this is going to sound stupid, but when I started using it, I discovered that you have to use enough - too little and it kind of just gums up the hair and won't rinse properly. I soon got to know the stage when I've used the right amount as it changes my hair texture. My hair becomes easy to handle when it's wet, then I can massage it in or just leave it sit for a bit before rinsing.

Not using enough made my head itch and my hair feel horrible - know that sounds odd, but it did.

I tried to submit a review on the TSV and it was rejected , it was a 2 star review and it didn't break any of the guidelines , so was very annoyed it was rejected . Never had any of my reviews rejected before so I now know not to listen to any of the reviews on the Qvc website as clearly they only want people singing the praises of products

I haven't tried Wen, usually use Aveda these days (Scalp Benefits shampoo and conditioner) I can't use their mint shampoo when I go to the hairdressers for a wash,cut and blow-dry as it stings my scalp and then makes it itch. Incidentally I have had mild psoriasis on my scalp for years so I have to be careful what I use on it. Maybe give it a few more goes and see if it works, but at least you have the MBG with Q if not. I've lost count of the amount of hair products I've tried from the high street and then thrown them away when they didn't work.

My hubby has psoriasis on his face and scalp -had it for years and nothing the GP prescribed helped, but good od C & P has sorted his face out beautifuly and Philip Kingsley's Itchy Flaky Scalp shampoo and lotion has done a great job on his scalp. Still trying to find something that works on his body.

I tried to submit a review on the TSV and it was rejected , it was a 2 star review and it didn't break any of the guidelines , so was very annoyed it was rejected . Never had any of my reviews rejected before so I now know not to listen to any of the reviews on the Qvc website as clearly they only want people singing the praises of products

But there are people on here who have submitted 5 star reviews and had them rejected too.

I usually go to Makeup Alley for reviews or Sephora or google them. If perfume then its the perfume forums or bloggers.

I have had a one star review posted and a five star review rejected. I was FURIOUS and demanded to know exactly why it was rejected. Apparently it was because I said I was tempted to try the item because it was on free p&p. I no longer post reviews and would only cave in if it was a one star.

My hubby has psoriasis on his face and scalp -had it for years and nothing the GP prescribed helped, but good od C & P has sorted his face out beautifuly and Philip Kingsley's Itchy Flaky Scalp shampoo and lotion has done a great job on his scalp. Still trying to find something that works on his body.

I know this is an expensive option but there's no reason why he couldn't use the PK shampoo as a body wash as well. If his scalp has responded the skin on his might. Such a difficult condition I hope he finds something that suits and makes a difference.

How's everyone else who got the tsv getting on with this, nearly a week later and I'm still not convinced, both my pumps are broken, which I am actually really peeved about, yes I have tried to get them to work and even had family trying too, so I have no reference to if I'm using the right amount. I know you offered me a pump Akimbo but feel I need to cut my loses and return the whole lot. My hair is clean and healthy but it's not shiny, it's actually duller than normal. I've put some obscure things on my hair in the past but even when I washed my hair in coffee one crazy day, that felt better than this wen. (Sorry Akimbo) I also think Autumn review was removed deliberately because there are far too many glowing reviews for the tsv compared to any other reviews for Wen items on the site.

I love wen, but use it very differently from the instructions! It always goes flat at the roots and goes greasy quickly if I do what I'm told.

I wet hair thoroughly, put a small amount of normal shampoo (using Aussie Moist, cos that is Mr Crinkly's current fave), then I put a hefty dollop of Wen on top, mix in my hands and work it into my hair starting at the roots. Sometimes I might add pure Wen to the ends if they are dry. Work in, add more water. Keep working till it reaches the 'slippy stage'.
Rinse.

Works perfectly. Clean bouncy hair with no dry ends. Stays clean the usual number of days, and I never get split ends while doing this.

Ah Loujareth sorry its not working for you. At least you can send it back.

I used the Pom for the first time and really like it despite the fruity smell. I get bored and need two different fragrances on the go.

Mine is going back too, never known my hair to be so lank and flat. It's gone greasy too which has never happened before with any other brands of haircare! I have only used the Sweet Almond Conditioner a couple of times (don't want to risk it again!) with the other three products still in the shrink wrap so if anyone is interested in the set at a reasonable price then please pm me.

I love my WEN and was thankful it arrived the next day, as I had none left. Like Crinkly, I don't use it as per instructions (I explained this in an earlier post) but, when I had to use my old formula, I really noticed the difference. I won't return to a foaming shampoo and conditioner any time soon as, after having used WEN, the other routine makes my hair extremely frizzy and faded, and it isn't coloured! As with any product, it won't work for everybody. I love it and the tsv was excellent vfm. I hope Chaz brings some of his other varieties over. I had only used the almond mint, which is still my favourite, prior to this tsv, but the pomegranate comes a close second.

I will be keeping mine, as I am giving my Mum half the set for her birthday later this month. However, I have decided on 3 pumps only and my hair ends up soft, smooth & shiny. I'm still not sure if I would buy it again though. And I haven't tried the Intensive Hair Treatment yet, but hoping to do that tomorrow evening while I do my ironing.

Have to say I love the Pomegranate! I have curly, thick hair and Wen tames my frizz like nothing else, best thing for my hair yet, onmly regret not buying more.

I see in the States they recently had a drop from their auto-delivery which was Orange Blossom, wish we could get that over here better yet, a litre size auto delivery.

Have to say I'm going through it very quickly - My bottle only has half left : S

I'm still undecided - I like it but not sure I really think its worth £40? Although have to say psoriasis doesn't seem as flaky

Well ive tried to leave two reviews now and both have been rejected , No idea why as I didn't mention price or other ranges( yet other reviews have) , and with the second review I kept it very simple and still it was rejected . I wont bother trying again , I guess its because it was a 2* review , I doubt had it been a 5* it would have been rejected.

Well ive tried to leave two reviews now and both have been rejected , No idea why as I didn't mention price or other ranges( yet other reviews have) , and with the second review I kept it very simple and still it was rejected . I wont bother trying again , I guess its because it was a 2* review , I doubt had it been a 5* it would have been rejected.

Whats the point with QVC having a review system if you can't leave the review you want.

Latest posts

Back