What was your worst buy in 2009?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Liz Earle.. Cleanse and Polish,tried it 5 years ago and hated it!
Goodness only knows why I thought I'd try it again(maybe the hype) hated it even more this time.Vile stuff that caused a breakout of nasty little spots!

Lesson learned!

I can't use her products either. The C&P made my face burn and break out and the bath stuff gave me such a bad reaction, I had to take antihistamines! I've always kept quiet about it in a sort of shame-faced way, but I've no idea why!It's hardly my fault it doesn't agree with me! I agree that it smells vile, too.

It's odd because I can use any old cheapo stuff on my face - and do. Fairly recently,after reading threads on here, I tried L'akin rose hip oil but had to send it back because, although it didn't seem to do any harm, the smell made me want to throw up. I have however, started to use Aveeno since (Cavegirl, I think?) spoke highly of it and I noticed that our Boots-alike is now stocking it. It does everything it's supposed to do, doesn't smell bad and calms my skin when I have a rosecea flareup.

I can't use her products either. The C&P made my face burn and break out and the bath stuff gave me such a bad reaction, I had to take antihistamines! I've always kept quiet about it in a sort of shame-faced way, but I've no idea why!It's hardly my fault it doesn't agree with me! I agree that it smells vile, too.

It's odd because I can use any old cheapo stuff on my face - and do. Fairly recently,after reading threads on here, I tried L'akin rose hip oil but had to send it back because, although it didn't seem to do any harm, the smell made me want to throw up. I have however, started to use Aveeno since (Cavegirl, I think?) spoke highly of it and I noticed that our Boots-alike is now stocking it. It does everything it's supposed to do, doesn't smell bad and calms my skin when I have a rosecea flareup.

I like aveeno moisturiser,got some from costco,its really good for my youngest son who has very dry skin and mild eczema,especially on his back and arms
have used cleanse and polish twice over the weekend and ended up with two huge spots,not sure if its a coincidence or not but I used it to try and get rid of some nasty blackheads(sorry) around my nose
havent bothered with it today as I want to give my skin a rest
will see what happens over the next day or so

I think Liz Earle has a very good reputation within the beauty industry and is a very well known "face" of the brand,which possibly gives her unjustified adulation imho.
I am not overly impressed by any of her products personally,but accept that they are popular, well priced and work for a lot of people.They must do,as her vast empire(and bank balance) continues to grow!

I have found a rather lovely serum from Avon which is working wonders for me at the moment and contine to experiment with different products!!:mysmilie_82:

Why I ever thought a Kipling bag covered in sequins would be a good idea, I'll never know.......

dare I mention :)mysmilie_17::mysmilie_17:) that if I order something, and it is not as discribed, (stones not matching in colour, wrong size, misrepresented on the TV) I always ring CS and get them to send me a return label. So out of all the items I bought in 2009 I did not pay for one to be returned.
Exactly the same as me! My worst was a Beth Terrel coat - so badly creased and ridiculous sizing - got a label for that too because of the creasing. They'll always give you the label if you ask. You do always have to check that outgoing postage is repaid though - they are naughty with that one!

I can't remember if it was this year or late last year, but I bought a Stone Mountain bag as a TSV and it was hideous. It stank of PVC and was hard, not buttery soft as advertised. Yuk.

I know this is the QVC site, but the absolute worst telly shopping purchase I made was a pair of tanzanite earrings off GemsTV that bent out of shape as soon as I tried to put them in my lugs. I don't know why I didn't send them back.

Mostly, though, my QVC buys have been pretty good.

Latest posts

Back