Whats wrong with Julia

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

susygrace

Registered Shopper
Although I am not a big fan of Julia anymore, I always thought she made an effort to look as good as she could, but seeing her tonight I thought she looked ill. She just does not look like herself, has she lost weight in her face or something? Very ropey.

know what you mean...my OH can't stand her anyway but he happened to catch sight of her the other night and said not only did she look dreadful, but she looked anyway as tho she should be sitting in a tent telling fortunes...have to say I know what he means, I do feel that often she looks a bit too much like she's ready for a stroll along the beach rather than presenting on tv. I think she has lost weight recently but it's telling on her face for sure.

She dosen't look good at all & she looks very puffy around the eyes. She has lost a lot of weight in a short period of time. Has she crash dieted because its likely taking its toll ?

Funnily enough my husband said the same thing the other night that she looked dreadful.

I totally agree Julia is not looking at all well lately . I know she has lost weight which will of course show in her face but she just looks ill to me .
She used to look very glamorous with good skin and a lustrous mane of hair but that is not the case now.
I hope she is alright .

I thought she looked very strained,it's showing around her eyes.I'm sure she said recently on an Ojon hour that she is not conditioning her hair,so it is starting to look a bit dried out.

Not a great fan but hope she is ok.

God. If Julia isn't conditioning her hair (maybe she can't be bothered), what hope is there for us lesser mortals!!!! I do think she looks very tired. Hope she is ok.

She's not my favourite presenter, albeit an extremely professional one, but I was just thinking the other night how well she is looking. For a lady of her age, and I'n not being catty when I say that, to take pride in her appearance is commendable.:clapping:

So saying I have just switched on & shes doing the Beauty Masterclass & dosen't look so great now. Whats happened in the last 2 hours :mysmilie_506:

Saw Julia on the Tiana show yesterday and she has lost a lot of weight (she announced that she is a 'small 12' now!). Inevitably her face is looking more drawn but other than that she seemed in good health. In her line of work I think she'd have been better staying as she was and I hope she doesn't start nipping and tucking. As an aside, the Tiana B range looks OK and the guest seems very nice indeed.

I saw her for the first time in ages a few days ago, and wondered what had happened to her. She looks very much as though all is not well at the moment. Could do with a haircut, too.

jeez there really is no pleasing you lot when it comes to julia is there?

:headbang:

It would take a lot for her to please me, but then she might feel the same about me! I have always thought, despite my feelings about her, that she kept herself in good nick. However, just lately, she looks exhausted around the eyes when she is on screen. They do say that you either sacrifice your face or your figure at a certain age, and I think Julia's weight loss is showing in her face.
What intrigues me is this: If Julia is now claiming to be a size 12 (which I agree with), then how come before she lost her weight she was also claiming to be a size small (which by my reckoning is usually classed as a size 10 or 12, no larger!). Very odd

I much prefered the I would like to be a size small julia, yes she is now a size small but imo is begining to look her age, and the longer hair is definitely a no,no for women of an age, her face is small and drawn and her eye bags are very obvious. Sorry Julia, but you are still my number1 presenter at qvc...except when you are on with Simon Wilson.. then I refuse to watch you.:wink:

I much prefered the I would like to be a size small julia, yes she is now a size small but imo is begining to look her age, and the longer hair is definitely a no,no for women of an age, her face is small and drawn and her eye bags are very obvious. Sorry Julia, but you are still my number1 presenter at qvc...except when you are on with Simon Wilson.. then I refuse to watch you.:wink:

So what age do you think women should get their long hair cut short at? Surely it's not the age but the condition of the hair that should dictate whether you get it cut short or not?

So what age do you think women should get their long hair cut short at? Surely it's not the age but the condition of the hair that should dictate whether you get it cut short or not?

no hard & fast rule of course but imo women 45 and over shouldn't keep their hair long..it just doesn't look right...not on Julia, not on Jilly, not on Jill Franks - and certainly not on a lot of women I see walking up & down my local high street! To me it smacks of desperation and trying to cling onto their youth. It doesn't work.

no hard & fast rule of course but imo women 45 and over shouldn't keep their hair long..it just doesn't look right...not on Julia, not on Jilly, not on Jill Franks - and certainly not on a lot of women I see walking up & down my local high street! To me it smacks

I don't think age has anything to do with it, it's more a case of whether the style suits you or not, regardless of age. You mention Jilly and JF, both have fine hair so need layers to give it body, that style wouldn't have suited them 10, 20 years ago, let alone now.

Haven't you heard, 40 is the new 20........ but then again, maybe I'm just desperate!! :cheeky:

no hard & fast rule of course but imo women 45 and over shouldn't keep their hair long..it just doesn't look right...not on Julia, not on Jilly, not on Jill Franks - and certainly not on a lot of women I see walking up & down my local high street! To me it smacks

I don't think age has anything to do with it, it's more a case of whether the style suits you or not, regardless of age. You mention Jilly and JF, both have fine hair so need layers to give it body, that style wouldn't have suited them 10, 20 years ago, let alone now.

Haven't you heard, 40 is the new 20........ but then again, maybe I'm just desperate!! :cheeky:

well I'm in my 60s Lily so I dunno! Is 60 the new 30 maybe?! There are always exceptions..Catherine Zeta Jones for instance, in her 40s now I think, and still stunning with her long hair...I haven't had long hair myself since I was 8 years old so I'm probably not in a position to criticise! Ali K's hair usually looks ok with it's mid-length - JR, JH & JF could take a leaf out of her book - JF, I mean, she has a long thin face anyway, and long thin hair, just makes her look yuck - and to be brutal, JR's raggle-taggle-gipsy look shouldn't be attempted by anyone over the age of 16..she would look better if she got the straighteners out! Well sorry folks if I've upset anyone else!

Latest posts

Back