Where are Debbie Greenwood & Julian Ballantyne?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I hope she is ok until something better comes up. Bid is so noisy, it gives me a headache so I won't watch it.

Well she was very quiet to begin with - so quiet you could barely hear her - beginning nerves I'm sure, but she got into her stride a few items in with a charm bracelet and fashion top. She was her usual self, no hard sell, no shouting just the normal personable Debbie of old. Exact same selling technique as on Q. Hey give her a few weeks she maybe shouting from the hills but certainly not on her debut!

She didn't come across as ever having watched Bid before though, even asking if the price dropped every time the boxes on the screen froze?

Oh Debbie :confused:, can't help feeling a wee bit sorry for her, ending up at Bid.

She is much classier than that, she should have been snapped up by IW (I know they are not a classy outfit either but better than Bid - me thinks so anyway).

I always assume them to be a distant number 3 in the shopping tv world.

I dont think she has the ability to lie comfortably lol

I just came on to say the same as CBX. Poor Debbie, that must be hell!! don't suppose hubby gets a lot of work either.

Well she was very quiet to begin with - so quiet you could barely hear her - beginning nerves I'm sure, but she got into her stride a few items in with a charm bracelet and fashion top. She was her usual self, no hard sell, no shouting just the normal personable Debbie of old. Exact same selling technique as on Q. Hey give her a few weeks she maybe shouting from the hills but certainly not on her debut!

She didn't come across as ever having watched Bid before though, even asking if the price dropped every time the boxes on the screen froze?

As a regular Bid viewer I have seen many 'newbies' start off with a wholesome, candid and matter of fact kind of style only for them to soon immerse themselves in the truly appalling spectacle that is the norm with their established 'stars'.

I'd like to think Bid are going to reinvent themselves and getting somebody like Debbie in is the start. I can't see it though, the whole idea is the hard (in fact very hard) sell, she'll soon have to forget about Bose, Decleor, Apple and Hewlett Packard and start reading up on £1 Microwave Egg Cookers that cost 8 times as much to get delivered, in fact the phone call alone costs over 50% more!

I just came on to say the same as CBX. Poor Debbie, that must be hell!! don't suppose hubby gets a lot of work either.

I don't think they will be needing to visit the foodbank just yet. I remember seeing a photo on her QVC blog showing their Christmas tree, their house looked pretty palatial to me. I do agree though that it's a step down from QVC, there again maybe the money isn't bad if she's the "big name".

Corr they don't half shout on bid. I have never heard people speak so fast and talk so loud, not my idea of a relaxing sit down for 1/2 an hour to see what's on. I am defo keeping away from the channel even though I would like to see how Debbie does on it (well I hope).

Debbie hasn't lost her sense of humour, today someone called James was coming on to sell a mat and a wet boot/wellington thingy and Debs said something about getting the boot.....:mysmilie_17:

As a regular Bid viewer I have seen many 'newbies' start off with a wholesome, candid and matter of fact kind of style only for them to soon immerse themselves in the truly appalling spectacle that is the norm with their established 'stars'.

I'd like to think Bid are going to reinvent themselves and getting somebody like Debbie in is the start. I can't see it though, the whole idea is the hard (in fact very hard) sell, she'll soon have to forget about Bose, Decleor, Apple and Hewlett Packard and start reading up on £1 Microwave Egg Cookers that cost 8 times as much to get delivered, in fact the phone call alone costs over 50% more!

qvc hardsell is nothing compared to bid haha.

Probably why i find it laughable when qvc presenters get accused of it compared to the ... essentially begging that goes on at bid

qvc hardsell is nothing compared to bid haha.

Probably why i find it laughable when qvc presenters get accused of it compared to the ... essentially begging that goes on at bid

That happens because of a lot of us on here don't watch Bid so have no idea what happens over there.

That happens because of a lot of us on here don't watch Bid so have no idea what happens over there.

A wise decision.

Comparing QVC to Bid TV is akin to comparing a Garden Rake to a JCB, I wish Debbie well but of all the QVC presenters most likely to end up on Bid TV she would probably be the least likely in my opinion.

Debbie Flint on the other hand (oh, she's been there already!):mysmilie_13:

A wise decision.

Comparing QVC to Bid TV is akin to comparing a Garden Rake to a JCB, I wish Debbie well but of all the QVC presenters most likely to end up on Bid TV she would probably be the least likely in my opinion.

Debbie Flint
on the other hand (oh, she's been there already!):mysmilie_13:

Take her back Please!!!!!! lol

you should give it a go, even if only to give yourself a tiny bit of perspective towards qvc and how it's not all that bad in comparison.

A wise decision.

Debbie Flint on the other hand (oh, she's been there already!):mysmilie_13:

flint is perfect for bid though, realistically.

I doubt Bid would be a more attractive option than QVC. Only goes to show that her departure was in less than positive circumstances.

she did not seem happy at qvc tbh. at bid she can be more relaxed. qvc is far from relaxing these days

she'll be fine. qvc is still a shopping channel and I do suspect she will get paid. qvc's loss

Latest posts

Back