Which brand's TSV do you get most excited about?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

W

White Russian

Guest Shopper
Which is the one that you see on the TV guide and get so excited over you lose sleep wondering what will be in it?

For me, it's Decleor and Smashbox. Probably BE too if I'm honest, although my BE stockpile is disgustingly huge because I know the minerals won't go off, no matter how many years I keep them in storgae for. This knowledge is dangerous and leads to crazy stockpiling.

Very few to be honest! I'll always check and see what's coming up for Elemis, Smashbox and Laura Geller but other than those brands I rarely bother. Plus the advantage of knowing what's in them well in advance (thanks to the supersleuths on here!) I can decide long before midnight at the launch if I want it or not. Before I'd have stayed up, worked myself up and probably bought it regardless!

The only one I regularly get really excited about is the Elemis Christmas TSV as it's usually really really good and the husband always gets it for me for Christmas..guilt free shopping!

Tx

Not many at all! In the past, when some of the beauty brands weren't readily available, I was more interested but I don't think QVC is as competitively priced now and there are so many other outlets on the internet etc.

I do still look out for L'Occitane as I love their soaps and shower stuff, also Yankee, as I'm a sucker for candles (but buy lots of different brands).

l'occitane is by far my most fav brand on qvc and i love most of the jewellery but get them on last clicks.

ditto..very few! In years gone by it would've been Silver Diamonique but even then I seldom sat up till midnight to see what it was, in those days I'd got to get up to get daughter to school and me to work..now I'm retired but I simply can't be bothered! For me at least QVC has gone right off the boil..or maybe it's me just got sick of it - I buy little these days, mostly check thru the Clearance section of the website and see if there's anything that remotely tempts me...bank balance is much happier!:nod:

None at all these days. It used to be Molton Brown, Philosophy, L'occitane, Elemis, BE, Kipling and Birkenstock. However the TSV's are not as good anymore either in content or value.

Back in the day it was Epiphany for me, if you didn't want to miss an item in the midnight hour you had to be watching. All got very boring now :yawn:, and expensive!

For me it's Honora ! I'm always interested to see what the TSV will turn out to be , but rarely buy it. Prices + P&P add up to quite a lot of money . I have several pieces in my collection now and my taste is quite traditional so many of the newer items don't suit me .
However , last January I got a fabulous set of three pairs of Honora baroque pearl stud earrings . I can't remember if they were a TSV but they were certainly a big sell - out . They were brilliant value for money and I first saw them recommended on this website . I wear them a lot and often mentally say thank - you to the person who pointed them out to me !

Last edited:
I rarely get excited about TSVs these days.:yawn:

Elemis, but it depends what is in it. I like Elemis but don't use all the products. The Pro Collagens ones do get me excited, but if no easy pay I won't play.

L'Occitane, but haven't bought one in a long time, again because of not liking products in them.

Smashbox I did used to get very excited about, but of late just go bored. I now think of which products I really want and if not enough in the TSV just don't buy. You can pick up individual items cheaply on ebay.

I don't get excited about any up coming TSVs nowadays, though I do look out for L'Occitane's. I used look out for Molton Brown and Aveda's and had some good TSV deals in the past. The TSVs don't seem to be nearly such good bargains now.

Laura Geller!
Just received an email from them saying that our next TSV is 6th August!
Fingers crossed it's the Baked Vanilla kit that QVC US had in February.

Absolutely bugger all nowadays

Long gone are the times of the chock full of value TSVs such as Aveda complet with 2 litre sizes and other full size styling products.

QVCs TSVs are pi$s poor now compared to the Good Old Days at he launch of the channel

Again rarely to I stay up to watch one anymore!

I like the Gatineau and Smashbox ones but as above the kits usually have loads of things I don't want to now just buy the bits I do from Ebay.

I wouldn't say that I get so excited I can't sleep but I always check at midnight for a craft TSV or, *whispers very quietly*, Kim and Co. :blush:

I will look sometime during the day if it's L'Occitane or Yankee Candles but for most other things I'm not really that bothered.

I used to sit up till midnight every night to see what it was but these days can't seem to work up any enthusiasm. :sleepy:

I have bought more tsvs lately than ever before. The Lola Rose, the zumba and the Honora Pearls.

I start work at my desk at home somewhere between 7 and 8 and leave for the office at around 9.30 or 10 so I normally catch some QVC.

But I have never stayed up until midnight ever.

I am more into the jewellery and accessories than anything else. Craft, gardening and cooks essentials are not on my radar at all. I've never watched a full show of any of those. DIY goes over my head too.

Tiganello bags, L'Occitane and some of the better jewellery or Diamonique shows. I'm not interested in gardening or craft or electricals or even beauty brands, but I can sometimes be tempted by Northern Nights, Cook's Essentials and Easiyo.

Very few to be honest! I'll always check and see what's coming up for Elemis, Smashbox and Laura Geller but other than those brands I rarely bother. Plus the advantage of knowing what's in them well in advance (thanks to the supersleuths on here!) I can decide long before midnight at the launch if I want it or not. Before I'd have stayed up, worked myself up and probably bought it regardless!

The only one I regularly get really excited about is the Elemis Christmas TSV as it's usually really really good and the husband always gets it for me for Christmas..guilt free shopping!

Tx

I'm the same Theresa. Maybe knowing beforehand the contents of a TSV takes some of the "fun" out of it but it's cured my QVC addiction. I would occasionally stay up until midnight if I was particularly interested in the brand and wanted to know what was in the kit and it was usually at that point that I would place an order.

I do still get excited about the OPI TSV and it's rare that I don't purchase it because even though some folks think it's boring to keep putting the staples in there ie usually Nail Envy and Avoplex I use these products all the time so am glad to be able to replenish my stock of them and get some lovely new colours too.

Like you, I also love the Elemis Christmas TSV and MrM usually buys me multiplie kits so that I have a year's supply of PCMC.

Not many at all! In the past, when some of the beauty brands weren't readily available, I was more interested but I don't think QVC is as competitively priced now and there are so many other outlets on the internet etc.

I do still look out for L'Occitane as I love their soaps and shower stuff, also Yankee, as I'm a sucker for candles (but buy lots of different brands).

I think this is true too. There are so many other places that you can buy QVC brands from with much lower p&p.

I used to look forward to the Yankee Candle TSVs but they come around too often now. Once upon a time TSVs for any brand only happened about three times a year but now they seem to be every other month. To me it's become boring. I know it's because of the recession and the vendors are struggling like everyone else but the constant selling of products at lower prices is surely devaluing the products? There are some things that I just would not pay the full RRP for now because you know that they will be on offer sooner rather than later. The Body Shop has become this way I think also because they are constantly having special offers on.

None at all these days. It used to be Molton Brown, Philosophy, L'occitane, Elemis, BE, Kipling and Birkenstock. However the TSV's are not as good anymore either in content or value.

That is true loveheart. I remember the days when buying a beauty TSV meant you were paying only for one product and receiving 4 more full sized products for the price of the p&p. Re: content - the TSV,s I find now are only worth buying if (as I've mentioned above with the OPI and Elemis ones) there are products that you regularly use in them. Unfortunately it now often means that we are not offered anything new from the beauty brands.

I watch out for Judith Williams, Liz Earle, L'Occitane and Lola Rose :sun: I probably end up buying two out of the three/four of each of those skincare ones across the year, but in truth I haven't once bought a LR TSV as they're a bit too 'bland' for me IYKWIM, I prefer the big statement bracelets.

I used to track so many others - ProStrong, OPI, Leighton Denny (no time for nail painting these days), Molton Brown (bring it back!), Northern Nights (before I found Birchwood), flowers (till OH & I had to accept that QVCs plants are largely over-priced and pathetic)...Still buy the odd bit of cookware and those are the TSVs that usually take me by surprise - I have no intention of 'wasting' good clothing/jewellery money on boring domestic items but I end up going for them and using them tons, like my Cooks Essentials pan set, Prepology chopping boards and juicer.

But it's years since I saw a live midnight launch, and I don't think that's just a result of impending middle age/knowing in advance what the TSVs are from this forum/needing early nights due to early starts with mad toddler. I think it's also because as others have observed the TSVs just aren't an event like they used to be when I started buying around seven years ago :yawn:. Those 2 litre Aveda TSVs sound amazing, am so frustrated they were before my time!

the only ones i really watch out for are the laura geller and the tig bag TSV. i have only stayed up once for a tsv and that was a my first laura geller purchase

I find the savings now for a TSV is really the price of the P&P - around a fiver - so I don't feel the "excitment" anymore,really.

I used to be quite excited about kipling - but not really now.Laura geller is still probably the one I'd wait up for - just my luck her next TSV is when I'm on holiday:doh:

Re all the pleas for Bobbi brown - I'm absolutely convinced shes had one TSV in the UK.It was a very small kit that sold out really quickly - but because I don't like her stuff,I didn't take much notice!!!!

Latest posts

Back