Who makes up these obscure colours - Lola Rose

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Glittergirl

Registered Shopper
The description of some of these pieces were farsicle! Even Dale looked and laughed his way through the mismatch colours!

How can they not call it as they are e.g. Light blue, dark green, red?

Confusing and no idea what you were buying!

I've noticed this happens frequently, poor show!

I suppose plain old blue and red doesn't go with their wannabe upmarket image, or should that be expensive image. :mysmilie_17:

Colour is definitely a QVC invention as even the designers don't recognise the colour names ! It has been the case since the begining so it is nothing new!

Same problem with Kipling shows, "we're calling this exotic peach but it's actually a blue colour...."

The designer of the pieces will obviously have given them a descriptive name/colour so why do they not stick with that, then there will be none of this very unprofessional faffing about. They make themselves look amateurish and put me off buying their trinkets.

The designer of the pieces will obviously have given them a descriptive name/colour so why do they not stick with that, then there will be none of this very unprofessional faffing about. They make themselves look amateurish and put me off buying their trinkets.
I agree, I just cannot understand why they don't stick with the colour names given to products by the designer.

In LR case, just call them by the stones. We all know turquoise blue, pink quartz etc, then the more obscure stones add their obvious colour to their rightful name. The time wasted asking "my producer" to clarify or have NG running off screen to retrieve a trinket is ridiculous and doesn't fill you with confidence you are going to get the colour you ordered.

The description of some of these pieces were farsicle! Even Dale looked and laughed his way through the mismatch colours!

How can they not call it as they are e.g. Light blue, dark green, red?

Confusing and no idea what you were buying!

I've noticed this happens frequently, poor show!
Not the QVC way, shoes, handbags, coats etc the list is endless.

It's to make the crap QVC sell 'appear' more sophisticated. Laughable really but the QVC faithful lap it up and hand oveir their credit/debit cards like addicted love sick puppies desperate for their next retail fix.

I agree, I just cannot understand why they don't stick with the colour names given to products by the designer.

I have not noticed personally but they even call cosmetics by different to the manufacturer!
The late Lenny of Nina Leonard would just well we call it whatever and it was better descriptions of the colour!

Nicki knows her pieces inside out as you would expect and Dale like Julia and MeCharlie has all the experience to carry off this but it was an absolute mess of a show. Just imagine Marv or Anna trying to cope.

MF Kipling, Nicki, Carla, and the Clarkes lady are all very professional but how they keep their temper is beyond me. I know if I owned a company and they did this to my products I would be demanding a meeting with COE pronto.

Other brand ambassadors who are not in their league and the whole thing goes to hell in a handcart.

They keep saying that once it is in the system as a particular colour they are unable to change it, and there is one particular item which for YEARS has been called something totally ridiculous and they say it is impossible to change. Now I might be stupid but surely there is no system on earth which cannot be cope with corrections - notice how it can be changed for price changes and postage hikes every over week.

Nicki knows her pieces inside out as you would expect and Dale like Julia and MeCharlie has all the experience to carry off this but it was an absolute mess of a show. Just imagine Marv or Anna trying to cope.

MF Kipling, Nicki, Carla, and the Clarkes lady are all very professional but how they keep their temper is beyond me. I know if I owned a company and they did this to my products I would be demanding a meeting with COE pronto.

Other brand ambassadors who are not in their league and the whole thing goes to hell in a handcart.

They keep saying that once it is in the system as a particular colour they are unable to change it, and there is one particular item which for YEARS has been called something totally ridiculous and they say it is impossible to change. Now I might be stupid but surely there is no system on earth which cannot be cope with corrections - notice how it can be changed for price changes and postage hikes every over week.

And who put it in the system with a crappy name anyway! Scraped the barrel to come up with that excuse.

The confusion over colours drives me nuts and when they do sort it out, Nicki has whipped off most of the display before the camera can get there. Speaking of Marv though...I haven't seen her on Q for ages, and she isn't named on the presenters list anymore, so maybe she has left?

'Norovirus diarrhea yellow'
'Nosebleed rouge'
'Cat vomit green'

The confusion over colours drives me nuts and when they do sort it out, Nicki has whipped off most of the display before the camera can get there. Speaking of Marv though...I haven't seen her on Q for ages, and she isn't named on the presenters list anymore, so maybe she has left?

In the Lola Rose tsv launch show, even Nikki didn't seem to know her stones. At one point she ran off camera to grab something and kept denying an item onscreen was the fluorite option when I was yelling it at the TV! And I missed the inside joke but she was in hysterics over one of the options - rock crystal in hot colours? - which was very tedious!
All makes me switch off quicker!

Have seen a few shows where the colours don't match! Yong Kim falls in this category too and it's hilarious!
That LR show was bad and if I was the designer I would be having words with them upstairs!

In the Lola Rose tsv launch show, even Nikki didn't seem to know her stones. At one point she ran off camera to grab something and kept denying an item onscreen was the fluorite option when I was yelling it at the TV! And I missed the inside joke but she was in hysterics over one of the options - rock crystal in hot colours? - which was very tedious!
All makes me switch off quicker!

I saw that bit too. The frequent confusion over colours/names is often put down to a mismatch between qvc and lola rose, but clearly Nikki didn't even recognise her own stuff on this occasion. And she claimed a necklace on another show was now in a new colour which is rubbish as it had been worn loads of times by the model who mainly wears the neutral shades.

Latest posts

Back