Worst BA

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Who was the jewellery guy who used to bring rare stones his great grandfather purchased and they kept them waiting for the right person to come along to design a unique piece for and then compared them to the offerings on Q.

And of course old Guy Clutterbug who was a bonafide gem hunter but dear love him he was expected to compare his gem experiences with stuff from China. He used to say that it cost him £5 per claw in a setting but not that in the Far East some child with tiny fingers was doing hundreds for a fiver.

Jill Roads retired unfortunately. I used to like Nicki who represented Birkenstock. I also liked Michelle D'Ercole who used to come over for Carole Hochman, and Ouida Oliver from Ronni Nicole. I also liked seeing Mehmet from Ottoman Silver.
They don't seem to do so many Clarks shows now.

Watching a bit of Q with spaniel ears and she seems to be on without a BA. Making a bit of s pigs ear out of it but then what’s new.

Not a brand ambassador (sales rep in English?) but talking of someone who I find creepy. For me, I just can't take to Charlie Brook. the slow, mesmeric tone of voice, over extending the letter ssss on the word yes. Yesss, it just creeps me out, you know when there is something about them that you can't put your finger on but the hairs go up on the back of your neck? I know he is pretty popular and I mean no offense, maybe it is just me but noooo - click!

The one who tops my list is jewellery guest Kieran Glen. For some reason I find him creepy ( I know that’s unfair, because he’s probably an ok guy!) and can’t believe he’s only 33!. The things he comes out with are unbelievable. A couple of months ago, he was commenting on a tanzanite ring, about £3,000. ‘ if this was in my store it would be £8,000 ‘ Really? Won’t be visiting his ‘store’ ( where ever it may be) anytime soon. Then he showed us a diamond initial pendant. ‘ I bought a diamond initial pendant for a family member recently, it cost much more than this one, and wasn’t as nice ‘ Really? You must be a crap jeweller then. A couple of nights ago he was on again. He showed us a rather large AAAAAAAAAAA ( or some such grade) tanzanite ring, about 3to 4 thousand pounds. ‘ I couldn’t even buy the stone for this price, I would expect to pay tens of thousands for a stone of this quality’ Really? Why don’t you just buy one from QVC then? He says this sort of rubbish about almost every item he shows. If these claims were anywhere near true, surely everything would sell out within seconds, because all the jewellers would be buying up the stock, and making hundreds and thousands of pounds profit.
Like you say, he is not very astute as a jeweller then. If the statements were true, we would be deafened by roar of the stampede of people in the jewelley trade. Cricket, Cricket, tumbleweed........

Not a brand ambassador (sales rep in English?) but talking of someone who I find creepy. For me, I just can't take to Charlie Brook. the slow, mesmeric tone of voice, over extending the letter ssss on the word yes. Yesss, it just creeps me out, you know when there is something about them that you can't put your finger on but the hairs go up on the back of your neck? I know he is pretty popular and I mean no offense, maybe it is just me but noooo - click!
I think he's quite unpleasant & I don't like the nasty little asides he makes about the people he works with.

I always liked Charlie but someone on here mentioned that he ‘goes commando’ while on-air. Now I can’t watch him without my eyes glued to his crotch, to see if the post on here was correct.
He’s also said that he cuts the sleeves off his shirts when he’s wearing a jumper, so that they don’t ruck up. 😳

Still, “there’s nowt so queer as folk.”

It’s like he’s sedated and then the effect rubs off on me. I’ve not heard any snide remarks about his colleagues but judging by how we feel about them maybe he can be forgiven. I don’t mind Charlie. I’d rather be sent to sleep than driven up the wall.

I can't take to the Estee Lauder girl (the one with the long blonde hair). It's the way she talks that niggles me and I don't like her voice anyway. I don't like....how am I going to explain this, but she does it.......when people say (for instance) "The amount" or "The Order" and don't say "the" the same way as perhaps older people do. Does anyone know what I mean or do I sound do-lally? :-O

I can't take to the Estee Lauder girl (the one with the long blonde hair). It's the way she talks that niggles me and I don't like her voice anyway. I don't like....how am I going to explain this, but she does it.......when people say (for instance) "The amount" or "The Order" and don't say "the" the same way as perhaps older people do. Does anyone know what I mean or do I sound do-lally? :-O
I don't like her either, she has no personality about her.
She trots out the required well rehearsed spiel, then folds her hands in front of her, as if to say that's that.
I much prefer the Irish lady who has previously been on with the brand, lovely voice and a nice presentation of the products..

I don't like her either, she has no personality about her.
She trots out the required well rehearsed spiel, then folds her hands in front of her, as if to say that's that.
I much prefer the Irish lady who has previously been on with the brand, lovely voice and a nice presentation of the products..

Yes I really liked the Irish lady too, but the younger girl nope, I agree about her lack of personality and real enthusiasm in the products. As I've posted here before, I'm sure I've seen her somewhere else and I can't for the life of me think where. Whether it's on QVC or elsewhere I just don't know.

I don’t know if anyone else saw the first DIY/garden show this morning. I started watching it and there was a new BA for Thompson and Morgan. He seemed very pleasant, BUT nearly every other word was “actual” or “actually,” so for that reason I‘ll put the TV on mute if he appears again.

I don’t know if anyone else saw the first DIY/garden show this morning. I started watching it and there was a new BA for Thompson and Morgan. He seemed very pleasant, BUT nearly every other word was “actual” or “actually,” so for that reason I‘ll put the TV on mute if he appears again.
I am not a gardener, yet but maybe when retired I might be tempted. However, has anyone read the reviews on gardening products from Q and IW? They come in blasts, along with the seasonal selling and some are terrible. I know some have had a great experience but all these folks can't be wrong or telling fibs. I will stick to to buying plants I can see in real life. I adore Lavender and last year, we planted 20 bushes. Nice for the bees, which I also love and who need all the help we can give them but to be truthful, I jeffin' hate mowing the front lawn and I have just halved the area that needs mowing. I know what you're thinking, lazy sod! Yep, that would be me LOL x

I usually buy plants from a garden centre but I have bought three lots of plants from QVC. Some English bluebells from Jaeger, some fuchsias from Plants2gardens and some hellebores from someone else (I’ve had them for too many years to remember.) I’ve obviously be lucky because all three purchases are thriving and spreading beautifully. 👍

I have written many times of the covid Q plant debacle and now with the protocol we can no longer receive plants from mainland.

However months ago there was a Richard Jackson offer of primula which the BA/presenter said was scented and guess what it was sending to NI so I decided to give them a go as they were on advanced order. Ofcourse much later it was discovered that they were NOT scented but I didn’t cancel the order and they arrived last week and I must admit the were in excellent condition.

Latest posts

Back