Yankee Candle Coming Back?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ah, now that was the famous scandal. Search this site and there are a number of threads about it.

It was Yankee who got rid of him.

I searched for the thread, but not showing.

Someone on a private group sent Steven a message saying two women joking about him swishing his hair. His husband went nuts and started abusing the women on Facebook, swearing etc. So instead of Steven telling husband to just shut up, it continued. The women complained to Yankee and QVC about the abuse. Steven got the so long farewell.
I knew there must be something but I honestly had no idea.

Can anyone on social meeja work out what Steven does for a living these days? Before, when you could look on Insta and X without signing in, he seemed to be selling off all his YC collection, and then endless pix of his now significantly slimmer body. But no sign of a job, nor indeed of his BFF and “sister from another mister”, La Huntley.

Can anyone on social meeja work out what Steven does for a living these days? Before, when you could look on Insta and X without signing in, he seemed to be selling off all his YC collection, and then endless pix of his now significantly slimmer body. But no sign of a job, nor indeed of his BFF and “sister from another mister”, La Huntley.
He describes himself as a digital creator which is basically an influencer but less influential (usually because they have fewer followers due to being less well known - eg because they’ve not been in a reality tv show). He’s got 2500 followers on Instagram which is not exactly big time but not bad, especially as his page looks very boring to me - 99% selfies and food - but of course you can buy followers so who knows? He posts stuff online about his likes and dislikes and his lifestyle, all probably purely illusory as most of this stuff by people living in the digital world is. He does tend to pour his heart out a bit about his “struggles” so I suppose if that brings him relief, good luck to him. He could be making a bit of a living out of it but no idea if he’s doing that well.

I think it was a bit of a shame really what happened to Steven as none of it appeared to be his fault. His husband was the one that was stirring the pot and throwing insults and Steven carried the can. There may be another side to it and maybe there was no apology or attempt to put things right, I don't know, but a guy's whole livelihood seemed to be taken away over some name calling. Shouldn't have happened in the first place but it seems a bit harsh unless there was a lot more to it.

CC

I think it was a bit of a shame really what happened to Steven as none of it appeared to be his fault. His husband was the one that was stirring the pot and throwing insults and Steven carried the can. There may be another side to it and maybe there was no apology or attempt to put things right, I don't know, but a guy's whole livelihood seemed to be taken away over some name calling. Shouldn't have happened in the first place but it seems a bit harsh unless there was a lot more to it.

CC
His main livelihood, maybe, if he was very well paid for his QVC work, but he also had the Yankee shop which closed for unrelated reasons. Bit of a double-whammy financially and then he split with his partner so not a good time for him, I agree.

(I am embarrassed at how much I know about it!)

I cannot imagine he makes much as an influencer does he? 2500 doesn’t sound like many to me in the advertising world. Still he must get some money from somewhere! His shop was burgled wasn’t it, and then YC opened up nearby and put him out of business iirc. The selfies I have seen all seemed to be about the fact he has lost weight so maybe he represents some food/diet brand? It’s a bit egocentric though isn’t it, posting endless body shots? I mean apart from family I never got any indication that he spent time latterly with anyone else. But then I haven’t seen his pix for a long while now. I liked him as a BA though, ☹️.

I cannot imagine he makes much as an influencer does he? 2500 doesn’t sound like many to me in the advertising world. Still he must get some money from somewhere! His shop was burgled wasn’t it, and then YC opened up nearby and put him out of business iirc. The selfies I have seen all seemed to be about the fact he has lost weight so maybe he represents some food/diet brand? It’s a bit egocentric though isn’t it, posting endless body shots? I mean apart from family I never got any indication that he spent time latterly with anyone else. But then I haven’t seen his pix for a long while now. I liked him as a BA though, ☹️.
Digital creator, daaaarling! But no, I’m not sure he will be making a fortune either. And as for the pics, a number are of confectionery rather than health foods or diet-related, which seems at odds with his healthy weight loss message.

IMG_5183.png

I think his erstwhile buddy, CH, might have given him a hand with the filters for this one.

IMG_5180.jpeg

He certainly looks good if the photos are genuine. I hope things work out for him, it's horrible when things constantly go wrong.

CC

Oh, photoshopped to the hilt. Perhaps takes tips from Chuntley who was his bestie for years. No one knows why she dumped, they went away for weekends together loads of time.

I have noticed in recent times Yankee are everywhere including garden centres, but very expensive as always. I used to be a huge fan until I discovered much cheaper but absolutely gorgeous other brands, which is what I now buy. I have wondered on QVC why Rosa left to go to that awful bear company, was it her choice? Anyone know?

Well, I suppose Yankee left or dumped from QVC, Rosa needed a new job and was offered the C Bears.

I have no idea if she has a job outside doing QVC shows?

She was definitely some kind of life coach at one point I believe Donna but I've no idea if she still is.

Rosa has some kind of lay role with the Diocese of, I believe, Herefordshire. I think it might be in the welfare arena: I did read it on the website but have forgotten.

In that big photo, Steven must surely have used various filters. That makeup is absolutely pristine with no hint of a line anywhere. And I agree with Boffy, he was a nice looking chap.

Latest posts

Back