Yankee Candle Set of 3 Serenity Large Jars Feature Price

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have a shade, but much prefer the illumalids. The shades I find very ugly, and also take up too much space. Mine will be going in the charity bag, once I get organised and start a new one.

I have a couple of fairly plain shades which I really like but hardly use them for some reason. I do like the lids and definitely recommend them.

I find the illumalid's useful but they really reduce the scent throw, and if you don't use them you get an uneven burn and waste half of the wax. I stopped buying the jars a couple of years ago because of this. You never used to get an uneven burn and the throw used to be twice as strong as you get these days.

Last edited:
I find the illumalid's useful but they really reduce the scent throw, and if you don't use them you get an uneven burn and waste half of the wax. I stopped buying the jars a couple of years ago because of this. You never used to get an uneven burn and the throw used to be twice as strong as you get these days.

its true yankee jars are not reliable anymore. less scent less throw more money

its true yankee jars are not reliable anymore. less scent less throw more money

Indeed. There was no need for illumalid's in the past.

I find no throw matches the melts now, but even the throw of those has reduced. Very rarely now in a morning does a room still have the smell the the fragrance you were burning the night before.

I keep meaning to give Village Candle melts a go.

Village Candles are great. I haven't tried the melts yet, only jars. I would actually say some scents are too strong (for me) so if you like a good throw, you should try them.

I think the shades are a bit old fashioned but thats just my opinion. The lids are much more modern. I only have one lid which I only purchased at xmas & must say it does really make a difference. Will probably get another one. That said I don't really get any problems with tunnelling but its a neater burn with the lid. Has anyone smelt the new serenity collection? Not sure whether to go for it or not:thinking:

Indeed. There was no need for illumalid's in the past.

I find no throw matches the melts now, but even the throw of those has reduced. Very rarely now in a morning does a room still have the smell the the fragrance you were burning the night before.

I keep meaning to give Village Candle melts a go.

The VC melts last for ages, longer than YC.

I used a vc snap pack a week or so ago.... Per piece (was six pieces) about eight to ten hours of strong throw. Was a great scent too. Burning their Brownie Delight jar tonight too... Fabulous

I think the shades are a bit old fashioned but thats just my opinion. The lids are much more modern. I only have one lid which I only purchased at xmas & must say it does really make a difference. Will probably get another one. That said I don't really get any problems with tunnelling but its a neater burn with the lid. Has anyone smelt the new serenity collection? Not sure whether to go for it or not:thinking:

I have smelt the new Serenity collection in a shop, Pickles. I like them but they have had mixed reviews on here (other threads). The Lemongrass and Ginger is lovely and sharp & sweet. The Peony and My Serenity are quite delicate and feminine but that's my sort of thing (as long as they are not completely odourless when burning and I don't know about that). I haven't decided about the TSV or three jars yet - I really have got to stop accumulating because it's getting ridiculous. I've sort of told myself it has to be an unmissable bargain and while the QVC offerings are good value, they don't blow my socks off.

PS I agree about some of the shades - they can look a bit twee, especially the highly decorated ones. Each to their own, eh?

I used a vc snap pack a week or so ago.... Per piece (was six pieces) about eight to ten hours of strong throw. Was a great scent too. Burning their Brownie Delight jar tonight too... Fabulous

I've got that - lovely, isn't it?

peony is a fruity floral. the fruity part smells of peaches. the tart is quite strong pleasant enough. not earth shattering though

I have smelt the new Serenity collection in a shop, Pickles. I like them but they have had mixed reviews on here (other threads). The Lemongrass and Ginger is lovely and sharp & sweet. The Peony and My Serenity are quite delicate and feminine but that's my sort of thing (as long as they are not completely odourless when burning and I don't know about that). I haven't decided about the TSV or three jars yet - I really have got to stop accumulating because it's getting ridiculous. I've sort of told myself it has to be an unmissable bargain and while the QVC offerings are good value, they don't blow my socks off.

PS I agree about some of the shades - they can look a bit twee, especially the highly decorated ones. Each to their own, eh?

Thank AndiK. I think I would love them all, but went crazy in Clintons half price sale, not sure I can justify buying more until I've used some of my stash. That said I know I will be tempted especially with the easy pays. Opened my candle cupboard the other day & forgot I had so many. I've got 2 boxes of prices candles to use up as well. I think I'm bit of a candle junkie. Not good:mysmilie_493:

I bought an illuma lid after a couple of jars pooled despite burning them for several hours at a time, and I find that it's useful to use them when I first light the jar as the wax pools far quicker - and then I remove the lid to allow the full scent throw :happy:

Latest posts

Back