Yankee Candle Spa Set TSV Problems

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

littlepen

Registered Shopper
Just received my set this morning, I purchased the Stress Relief, Just wondered if any one else had received their's, as the three glass candle jars, seem to have the oil laying on one side of the glass, as though they were put in the box, while the wax was still hot,so one side of the jar is a different colour to the other, if you understand what I mean, Is this normal with the spa set, as I have never had this with all my other Yankee Candles.

Mine arrived this morning, totally smashed :-( Is really not safe for me to return them because of how bad the glass has broken so have told them I will email pics if needed & have been told a replacement will be sent.

I have not noticed the problem you have had but will go look at them later, have put them somewhere safe for now incase I do need to return them.

Mine just pitched up at work...thankfully all intact. While they're all the same colour they do appear to be a bit weird, one of my smaller ones seems to have been filled up a bit too fast so there is what looks like a bubble in it next to the glass wall? Smell nice though! the cinnamon and frankinsense smaller ones smell very geranium-y, like Neal's Yard rose facial oil or Liz Earle's orange wash stuff, smells I do not personally like that much, so there's 2 for me Christmas stash! the Cedarwood and shea butter however is very nice, quite creamy, bit vanilla, like a nice dessert. Hope that helps in some way!!

I've just realised that my large Shea & Cedarwood candle that I'm burning just now has a strange appearance. It doesn't bother me, I wouldn't have noticed it until I read this thread, but it almost looks like there's a layer of wax caught inside the glass of the jar, which is obviously impossible. I've noticed as well that the wick has that sort of 'flower'-like appearance at the top, I've never known what causes that. As for the smell, it's a bit like vanilla with a hint of medicine - very unusual and not unpleasant, and sometimes the mediciney smell is stronger and sometimes the creamier smell is stronger. Odd.

One of the smaller jars arrived with a small crack in it, I just cannot be bothered sending the whole thing back for the sake of one small crack. I hope it'll be ok...

I should say about the smell of the Shea & Cedarwood: I would never have bought this fragrance if I'd smelt it in a shop. I've not burned the Cinnamon one yet, but it smells strange but quite nice too. I think I'm damning this set with faint praise!

Glad I didn't purchase this set, it seems very strange. Hope you all get on okay with it and haven't wasted your money!

re TSV

Phoned customer services, as not very happy, and they said the oil has been put in the jar with the candle wax when it is too hot, so they are sending a courier to collect them, as they will not burn properly, Mind you the set I ordered is now out of stock, untill September, so have gone for a refund,

Sounds like a bit of a rush job, put together "exclusively" for QVC. Perhaps the buyers demanded a TSV at short notice, or perhaps they are just "seconds" which YC would usually sell off cheap in their US outlet stores.

What about the quality control that QVC are so proud of ? (sorry to end with a preposition, too lazy to change it).

Linda

But they are not exclusive to QVC as Yankee Doodle have them in (although not as cheap as the TSV price) plus YankeeDoodle have other fragrances in the range.

I've just realised that my large Shea & Cedarwood candle that I'm burning just now has a strange appearance. It doesn't bother me, I wouldn't have noticed it until I read this thread, but it almost looks like there's a layer of wax caught inside the glass of the jar, which is obviously impossible. I've noticed as well that the wick has that sort of 'flower'-like appearance at the top, I've never known what causes that. As for the smell, it's a bit like vanilla with a hint of medicine - very unusual and not unpleasant, and sometimes the mediciney smell is stronger and sometimes the creamier smell is stronger. Odd.

One of the smaller jars arrived with a small crack in it, I just cannot be bothered sending the whole thing back for the sake of one small crack. I hope it'll be ok...

If the jar is cracked the hot wax can make it spread or shatter.

I am FURIOUS right now. As I told you on here my jars arrived broken, yesterday I got a small parcel from 'Yankee Candle Co' not QVC with one single cinnamon & frankincense sampler in it!!! I can only assume this is sent as a replacement, I couldn't call QVC yesterday as it was my daughter's birthday party & my post didn't arrive until the party was underway. I feel this is an absolute insult, is it just me?

I am FURIOUS right now. As I told you on here my jars arrived broken, yesterday I got a small parcel from 'Yankee Candle Co' not QVC with one single cinnamon & frankincense sampler in it!!! I can only assume this is sent as a replacement, I couldn't call QVC yesterday as it was my daughter's birthday party & my post didn't arrive until the party was underway. I feel this is an absolute insult, is it just me?

Did you have the auto-delivery set of three candles from earlier in the year on order too? Wasn't there meant to be a gift to make up for the delay in delivery of that set?

Yes I did have them on order, I have called QVC who say it was the replacement for the broken jars apparently it's a mix up as she thought the sampler was the broken one (I did ask where is there any glass on the sampler??) anycase she's said she'll get the correct one sent out this week.

Have just noticed on the website that all the reviews for this set have curiously disappeared.........

Latest posts

Back