Yankee Candle TSV 8/12/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

love illuma lids they look like jewellery and help with tunnelling. i dont use the shades anymore

Putting an illuma lid on and putting it in a £6 hurricane jar from tesco makes tunnelling a thing of the past with Yankees. However the almost identical Village candle large jars have 2 wicks so this is not necessary (though I pop an illuma lid on just in case). The throw is better too. Got coffee bean in my kitchen and it's very strong.

I'm a bit thick when it comes to practical things so bear with me......so you put the candle (in its glass jar) inside the hurricane thingy & put an illuma lid on top of the whole kit & caboodle, yeah?

:confused:

Putting an illuma lid on and putting it in a £6 hurricane jar from tesco makes tunnelling a thing of the past with Yankees. However the almost identical Village candle large jars have 2 wicks so this is not necessary (though I pop an illuma lid on just in case). The throw is better too. Got coffee bean in my kitchen and it's very strong.

Good to hear. I've just ordered the coffee bean.

I'm a bit thick when it comes to practical things so bear with me......so you put the candle (in its glass jar) inside the hurricane thingy & put an illuma lid on top of the whole kit & caboodle, yeah?

:confused:

Yes! That's right. No tunnelling. It gets very hot in there so that's probably why.

Here you go. Yankee on the left, village on the right. Sorry it's sideways. I have no idea why!

ForumRunner_20151115_203458.jpg

I was watching the Yankee show yesterday and they were showing a tall silver Christmas tree tealight holder. Julia suggested using it to decorate your bathroom! I have heard it all now. My bathroom is the size of a cupboard and l don't have a downstairs toilet. I get fed up of the presenters thinking we all live in huge houses with 3. bathrooms. Not all of us do!

shame the YC is all over the stocking top, otherwise these would be a lovely additional Christmas decoration for the future, or gifts for kids in the family... My brother and I got given our own santa stockings as an early Christmas present from our grandparents...

Yankee Candle 20 Assorted Stocking Fillers with 2 Christmas Stockings
Item Number: 705005
QVC Price £42.50
Todays Special Value Price £34.98
P&P: £5.95

3 Easy Pay instalments of £11.66, plus P&P

A 22-piece set from Yankee Candle featuring 14 different scents of votive candles, four air fresheners for your car, plus two decorative Silver Holly votive holders and two festive stockings to fill to the brim with these fabulous gifts. Conjure up the cosiness of Christmas at home with the warming fragrance and welcoming glow of Yankee Candle's Christmas collection.

One for me, one for you - with two votive holders and a pair of stockings, this collection was designed to be divided in two. Make one the perfect gift for a lucky friend and the other a little treat for yourself - go on, we won't tell!

Yankee Candle in your car - not just for the home anymore, your favourite fragrances can now be enjoyed in your vehicle. The Christmas Stocking Filler set includes two Car Jar Ultimates in Sparkling Cinnamon and Christmas Cookie, plus two packs of car vent sticks.

Each candle contains up to 9% fragrance oils
100% cotton wicks for cleaner burning
Burn time per votive candle: up to 15 hours
Car jars: up to 4 weeks; vent sticks: up to 8 weeks

Contains:

1 x Sparkling Snow votive candle (49g) - an icy cool scent of snow-covered pines
1 x Bundle Up votive candle (49g) - a fragrance of fresh linen with a touch of citrus
1 x Winter Glow votive candle (49g) - a vanilla and jasmine blend
1 x Cosy by the Fire votive candle (49g) - a warm mix of ginger, clove, and orange combined with woody notes
1 x Berry Trifle votive candle (49g) - the mouth-watering fragrance of fresh berries and creamy vanilla
1 x Sparkling Cinnamon votive candle (49g) - spicy cinnamon blended with a hit of cloves
1 x Icicles votive candle (49g) - fresh notes of pine combined with tingly cinnamon notes
1 x Snow in Love votive candle (49g) - a creamy and comforting scent that echoes the powdery freshness of newly-fallen snow
1 x Season of Peace votive candle (49g) - a cool and encapsulating white musk blend
1 x Christmas Eve votive candle (49g) - think warm, sugared plums and candied fruits
1 x Snowflake Cookie votive candle (49g) - the mouth-watering scent of freshly baked biscuits topped with icing
1 x Christmas Garland votive candle (49g) - fragrant pine leaves and cranberries
1 x Christmas Cookie votive candle (49g) - the scent of buttery and rich vanilla biscuits
1 x Angel Wings votive candle (49g) - evocative of candy floss with notes of vanilla
1 x Sparkling Cinnamon Car Jar Ultimate
1 x Christmas Cookie Car Jar Ultimate
1 x car scent vent sticks pack - designed to help make your car smell like new again
1 x leather vent sticks pack - releases a luxurious, rich aroma of leather
2 x Silver Holly votive holders - (h x w): 6.2cm x 6cm (2.5" x 2.4")
2 x Christmas stockings - one red and one white

Behind the brand
In 1969, Mike Kittredge melted down some crayons to create a candle as he couldn't afford a gift for his mum. Since then, Yankee Candle has been offering distinctive products, affordable luxuries and unique gifts, earning a reputation for superior, long-lasting fragrance and high quality candles.

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.705005

£40 are they joking !!!!!

I think I'll be sticking to Village Candles from now on , at least they don't tunnel and have a poor throw like Yankee .

theres a new yankee shop near me and i was shocked at how many scents i dont like and have no smell at all on a cold sniff. they sell village and the wax looks nice and the scents were really strong. they only had the small jars though

£40 are they joking !!!!!

I think I'll be sticking to Village Candles from now on , at least they don't tunnel and have a poor throw like Yankee .
Autumn, no!!!! I hope this doesn't mean an end to your YC research on Q. You alert me to loads of sets I am sure I would miss otherwise. :sad::sad:

Unless you're planning to divide these into smaller gifts, I think it's far too late to be buying so many Christmas scents. It would be far more appealing to have a wider variety of fragrances. Not a good choice of TSV imo.

RubySlippers I agree about the timing. I like the variety of different products, but I don't think it represents good value in terms of fragrance. I think a large part of the price of this is the christmas stockings.

I really think that QVC need to stop and think about what they are doing with TSVs from their big brands... and frankly with Yankee Candles we've seen the prices going up, but the amount of fragranced wax products included in the TSVs isn't going up - it seems that the packaging is increasing instead :mysmilie_10:

Unless you're planning to divide these into smaller gifts, I think it's far too late to be buying so many Christmas scents. It would be far more appealing to have a wider variety of fragrances. Not a good choice of TSV imo.

I absolutely agree with you! You really do need Christmas Candles on the run up to Christmas to get the house feeling all festive. They are nice to get on the day itself don't get me wrong but l would probably save for next year. I always take my decs down on New Years Day and that includes putting the Festive Candles away! I find its time to bring out something fresh and clean smelling!

Latest posts

Back