Yankee Candles TSV 09/09/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

This is a funny TSV, especially as we've only just had a votive one and that was 'Out of Africa'. And we've had 'Grand Bazaar' as well in a TSV this year, granted it was jars, but still a repeat in my book.

I do like these fragrances, but not sure about this TSV.

The last couple of photos show a plate and a stand for a votive, does anyone know if these are included?

And just a bit of a bug bear of mine too - I thought votives were suppose to be in an enclosed holder? lol!

dreadful tsv...i cant understand the bit n bobs yet again. you barely get a scent out of the large jars much less the votives and this collection has been out a while now.

I agree awful TSV even for me who loves votives! I have no interest in these scents. I prefer the more random sets of votives with holders because I pick out the ones I love for individual burning on my bedside table when I am reading or watching TV (yes you get a great throw this way if you are in bed next to it-and don't have to leave it burning for 3 hours! ). I also have a votive in the downstairs cloakroom that fills the room with fresh scent (meadow showers atm). And another in the bathroom for when I soak in the tub with a glass of wine!

For the ones I don't really like the mixology holder holds 3 random votives that blend together to make something nicer. Keep this in the kitchen window along with my mixology tart burner. Fab for masking kitchen cooking smells.

The votives are a great way of trying a fragrance before spending money on large jars. As a consequence I only own a few large jars and only in scents I know I love. I would never spend money on a "random" large jar just because it is reduced in price in a garden centre. Because I already know I like and want a certain fragrance I can look out for it featuring in a duo or a trio with other ones I like too, or on Amazon.

I love my votives.. but hate the lack of variety in this TSV. :)

Sorry to be a bit childish, but...

Borrrrrrrrrrriiiiinnnnngggggggggggggggggggggggggg.

Remember Yankee TSVs of old when there was some variety?

huge boxes with everything. medium jar, large shade, 6 votives, 4 votive holders, wreath for xmas, 6 festive tarts, xmas tart burner all matching those were the days. still got my hardware

No temptation for me,thankfully! I think the trouble with this is they have shown these votives endlessly so we have all had a chance to buy them. The only benefit in this set is they make easy to wrap presents.

No temptation for me,thankfully! I think the trouble with this is they have shown these votives endlessly so we have all had a chance to buy them. The only benefit in this set is they make easy to wrap presents.

I agree - it's more a case of "same old same old". My money's safe.

I think there is way too much packaging. I'd rather have lower prices and less packaging, personally.

Last edited:
yawn!!!! what is it with QVC and their ever monotonous Yankee Candle TSVS, just constant cardboard boxes and loads of votives. Fragrance repeats too. Wake me up when its over, yawn!

Who said votives are boring!

ForumRunner_20150903_211421.jpg

ForumRunner_20150903_211437.jpg

ForumRunner_20150903_211455.jpg

Hope they are not showing sideways!
Extra large votive holders a bit like a hurricane (but not big enough to hold a large jar but would hold a small jar or a votive in a glass holder).

All 3 purchased from Lidl today £3.99 each

Should say 2 of these in my living room has a throw as good as a large jar. Well done Lidl these look beautiful and proof that votives are the way to go!

Lidl also selling candles, tea lights and extra- large tea lights that would fit into the bottom of these beauties.

Y

Extra large votive holders a bit like a hurricane (but not big enough to hold a large jar but would hold a small jar or a votive in a glass holder).

Should say 2 of these in my living room has a throw as good as a large jar. Well done Lidl these look beautiful and proof that votives are the way to go!

Lidl also selling candles, tea lights and extra- large tea lights that would fit into the bottom of these beauties.

I was looking at those in Lidl today. Also the large wooden & metal lanterns with a rustic/distressed look which I nearly bought but not sure I'd actually use. Not bad for £9.99 though. I did buy a little pack of 18 tealights for 99p and some other non-candle decor things.

Last edited:

View attachment 10918

View attachment 10919

View attachment 10920

Yes they are showing sideways. They are very pretty

This Tsv is not for me but i do know that the Next TSV will be a Scenterpiece but shh :mysmilie_59:

Latest posts

Back