Yankee Candles TSV 15/02/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm fed up! Mine was despatched yesterday and has been showing as on its way to local courier since about 6.00 this morning! But it has not updated to show received by the courier nor delivered here. I wasn't expecting it this quickly but after seeing that great early progress I thought it would be here by lunchtime.

They came! I went early to the shops and got back just as he pulled up. No electronic gadget today, back to pen and paper and he had to beg a biro off me as his had packed up! Luckily the freebie charity ones are in abundance here. They are cold but I have sniffed them.
Cafe al fresco. I can only smell the caramel aspects of this. It has gone into the daytime only bag and will not be paired with another for evening use as two similar ones would be overly foodie for me, and I can't think what to pair it with anyway!
Honey Lavender Gelato. What honey? What Lavender? I can only smell the berry notes at the moment, but having said that it is very peasant.
Mediterranean Breeze? - whatever, I forget. Fabulous, ozone-tastic. It reminds me very much of an oldie from this family but can't recall the name. Perhaps Beach Vacation?

So a bit of a mixed bag really.

:mysmilie_59:

They came! I went early to the shops and got back just as he pulled up. No electronic gadget today, back to pen and paper and he had to beg a biro off me as his had packed up! Luckily the freebie charity ones are in abundance here. They are cold but I have sniffed them.
Cafe al fresco. I can only smell the caramel aspects of this. It has gone into the daytime only bag and will not be paired with another for evening use as two similar ones would be overly foodie for me, and I can't think what to pair it with anyway!
Honey Lavender Gelato. What honey? What Lavender? I can only smell the berry notes at the moment, but having said that it is very peasant.
Mediterranean Breeze? - whatever, I forget. Fabulous, ozone-tastic. It reminds me very much of an oldie from this family but can't recall the name. Perhaps Beach Vacation?

So a bit of a mixed bag really.

Interesting stuff, Mazza - very happy for your purchase (especially the Mediterranean Breeze as I too am a sucker for ozone and lurved Beach Vacation) but I am feeling vindicated that I held off buying this TSV in lieu of the melt cups.

Mazza, as and when you burn Cafe al Fresco, let us know what it's like as some reviewers were banging on about it smelling like hazelnut coffee and I know you've got a good nose!

I'm quite envious of others who have theirs as mine are still showing as 'in process' for some reason.

Tarketta, I did wonder if it was like Hazelnut Coffee, but I have never had that one. It is definitely a creamy caramel to me, but who knows if those notes aren't in the Hazelnut one??!!

Did anyone else go for the AD on this? There is no sign of it being processed on my account, but has anyone spotted it in process, or despatched?

Mazza/AndiK - take a look at this 'Treasure Wall' from Q's FB page - do either of your stashes rival this????

Treasure Wall.jpg

Mazza/AndiK - take a look at this 'Treasure Wall' from Q's FB page - do either of your stashes rival this????

View attachment 14059
No!!!! Also mine are stuffed onto a shelf above a fitted wardrobe or bags. I wouldn't want them arrayed like that, think of the dusting!!!!!! I wonder if they are more than one deep on each shelf. I know I could fill at least one unit though.

I also have the warmer in front of the TV. I don't think that is a very good spot for it.

mine are in the airing cupboard and depleting all the time. i rarely buy large jars now and only one at a time. i don't collect

No!!!! Also mine are stuffed onto a shelf above a fitted wardrobe or bags. I wouldn't want them arrayed like that, think of the dusting!!!!!! I wonder if they are more than one deep on each shelf. I know I could fill at least one unit though.

I also have the warmer in front of the TV. I don't think that is a very good spot for it.

Think of the choking smell in the sitting room as well - when I open the cupboard where I have mine it's like a nasal onslaught! Each to their own, but never seen the point of collecting em without burning em.

View attachment 14059

Aaaargh! That's given me palpitations!

There are 40 shelves so that's 160 jars if they are one row of four deep. I don't think I've ever had that many but was in danger of getting that way before I got myself in check last year (thank you, Amexgate!!). Mine have never been displayed like that either - I would be embarrassed for anyone to see it. I know I'm weird but I don't want everyone who comes to my house to know it as well. Also, the dusting, as was pointed out. If I went to the house in the photo, though, I must say I'd have fun looking at which jars the person had, out of curiosity.

Think of the choking smell in the sitting room as well - when I open the cupboard where I have mine it's like a nasal onslaught! Each to their own, but never seen the point of collecting em without burning em.

Ooh, yes, the room must be quite smelly! Having said that, I like the smell in my spare room where my jars are stored when I walk in and it's not too overpowering but probably because it's all smells I've chosen, so like, and they're in boxes.

It looks like a shop ! ah well each to their own. I suppose if I gave each of my pair of shoes a shelf of their own it would look equally embarrassing.

It looks like a shop ! ah well each to their own. I suppose if I gave each of my pair of shoes a shelf of their own it would look equally embarrassing.

Don't start me off on a guilt trip ... candles, shoes, handbags, nail polish, toiletries, perfumes ... But at least I've got most of them under control now, ie they're not being added to so much, if at all. There's also all the cooking & baking books and I hardly ever do either!

:mysmilie_516:

Latest posts

Back