Ybf gone!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

katyd

Registered Shopper
According to someone on the YBF message board QVCUK have confirmed they are no longer stocking YBF. Once the existing stock is gone its all gone.

No more Stacey - end of an era :-(

How sad for Stacy. did not buy her products, except for eye liner, but a lovely lady.

They have dropped or cut down so many old lines - Gems of the Orient, Suzi B. Gatineau come to mind. The reception for Michael de Cesare seemed genuine and was a sell out, so perhaps there is a lesson there.

The day may come when they drop Joan Rivers, Butler and Wilson and even Elemis and Decleor. But not Northern Nights! that must be a top money spinner or it would not be on so often.

But not Northern Nights! that must be a top money spinner or it would not be on so often.

I'm sure that Northern Nights is QVC's "own brand" so even if it's not a top money spinner it would probably be one of the last things to be dropped. Personally I think it's too expensive, so I'm not spinning any money in that direction anyway, but some of it looks nice. And I find watching guests/people stroking sheets for an hour a tad boring.

I think it's a shame if Stacey doesn't appear on QVC again. I found her very entertaining to watch, even if my make up bag isn't crammed with her products (although I do have a few of her products,) and I can think of other brands etc I'd prefer to 'disappear' in preference to YBF.

I like Stacey too :( I preferred the MP to YBF, but out of all the guests she was the most entertaining. I think the court case with QVCamerica a couple of years ago must have been really damaging even though it seemed mostly to be settled in Stacey's favour. I think there was far more to the name change than her wanting to give her products a name her customers 'suggested' (ie I think QVC america made her drop the name in the settlement,as some of the settlement wasn't disclosed.) It's a shame to see any business go under but I did genuinely like stacey.

Gosh that really sux! I really enjoy(ed)Stacey,although her eyebrow pencils are the only thing from the range I used,maybe it's time to start hoarding the last remaining stocks you can find on e-bay.
I don't understand all the comings and goings of various vendours??,to be a fly on the wall for all the behind the scene machinations eh?

By the way,if any of you have any friends in the States,there is an eyebrow pencil which they sell at Sephora,it's Sephora own brand,brow sculpting pencil,in fonce/dark,it works the same way,if not better than Stacey's, in that you can get about 20 different shades,from this pencil.It also has a brush on the end.They cost $10 each(bout 6 pounds)and have more 'lead' in them than Stacey's,so one would last you at least a year if not longer.

For those who don't have contacts in the States,maybe message that lady from Just Beauty Direct who posts on this site and see if she can import some here.

Aww what a shame, Stacey is/was one of the best guests on QVC, I thought it was brilliant and informative, how she did her make-up live on air.

Although, I always thought Stacey’s days on QVC were numbered, after the court case. Credit to Stacey for going through with that court case, as it couldn’t have been easy.

All the best to Stacey, there’s always Ideal World.....

I to be honest was surprised she managed to stay so long on QVC UK after the court case with QVC US. She is on the HSN shopping channel in the US I do know. Reading the QVC community board in the US its always mentioned when she is appearing on HSN. The thing that everyone over there seems to buy and love like here is the eyebrow pencil.

I enjoyed watching her. Did buy long ago the products were rubbish and cheap. No idea about the brow pencil, I only ever used Smashbox.

A few people commented last time Stacey was on here she seemed very subdued and her heart just did not seem to be in it.

I loved Stacey. I thought that some of her products were brilliant. I had a set of lipglosses when she was Models Prefer and they were excellent, I also liked her foundation. Once the brand changed to YBF things seemed to take a bit of a nose dive and the quality seemed to have been compromised packaging wise maybe to keep costs down.

I too have thought that on her last couple of visits she hadn't been her usual self. I shall be sad to see her go as she was such an inspiration and a real tonic to watch.

How long do you reckon it will be before she pops up on Ideal World with YBF?

I think she's aces and it's such a shame if this is true, but I just wonder with her being on HSN over there now, whether a move to IW might be afoot?

Just a thought, not sure though...

Real shame.I loved MP and would have bought the whole range if I could afforded it! YBF didn't really do it for me - I had the first YBF TSV and it was tat - actually thats a bit unfair - it was no different to anything in boots - and certainly not of MP quality.

Its a shame because stacey comes across as such a nice person - she must be gutted :(

I only ever used her eyebrow pencil as well - it is the best I have found. It will be such a shame if we can't get them anymore. The good news is I got 2 when she was on in December so have enough to last me a while as they last for ages.

I also used to like watching Stacey as it was one of the most entertaining hours on QVC.

The end of an era. She was an entertaining lady but I am not that surprised to hear of the demise of YBF on QVC. I don't think she has been the same since the court case - felt she was going thru' the motions a bit. I was always amused at the way she used to cake it on, even for a 'day-time' look - too much blusher, then just add a bit more yellow neutralizing powder and start again! :mysmilie_696:

No! What sad news indeed. I too only used her eyebrow pencil, now what will I do? I did enjoy her shows, she was so funny. Just checked and qvc dont have any in stock or I would have bought the lot. If any one knows an alternative (without going to the states) I would be grateful.

A shame, I enjoyed Stacey's shows & the last TSV got great reviews for the most part? I wouldn't have thought now was exactly the best time for QVC to be dropping brands, they're not exactly flush with variety now.....!
(Unless it was Stacey herself who decided to jump ship?)
Good old QVC, dump the popular brands & keep hold of the garbage ones, like the dreadful Freeze & Genie ranges.....!

What does YBF stand for?:mysmilie_348:

YBF = Your best friend , not You've been framed which is what I associate it with :mysmilie_61:

Please feel free to insert or delete apostrophes as appropriate XX

Latest posts

Back