Ybf gone!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

So sorry to read that Stacey wont be on QVC again. I liked Models Prefer rather than YBF but loved Stacey''s personality -she was great entertainment. Like others i only really use her eyebrow pencils now but also love SB browtech so thats a bonus.

If she goes over to IW, i dont think she'll last long(like Michael Di'cesare and others) as unfortunately they dont have the viewers and the trust that QVC have?

This news is a real shame.

According to the ybf forum, Stacey's going to post/make a statement about it at some point today...so we'll know for sure what's happening...

Staceys last tsv the huge jewelbox of goodies with the eyebrow pencil is on 2ez pays today on QVC just came across it earlier.

Can we start a petition to replace Ali Young with Stacey. Beauty shows would certainly be more entertaining!!!

Yes, great idea (miss the thanks button so much). Stacey seems honest and she lets the camera go right close up, can you imagine A Y doing that? Also Stacey is such a tonic, I would watch just to be cheered up:mysmilie_696:

At the risk of repeating what everyone has said, I will really miss Stacey on QVC. She was such a breath of fresh air, really warm and friendly, and sometimes quite risque too. I used to like watching her with Julia, because she would make jokes and Julia wouild go all prim and proper, even at the mildest innuendo, and start blushing and talking about the 9 p.m watershed!

I still have Stacey's white faux ostrich vanity case, and keep my ever growing stash of make-up in it. I adored the eye pencils, and am really regretting not buying more. I think the beauty case on QVC contains an eye pencil - just wondering if I should buy several cases, give them away as gifts and keep the eye pencils!

No doubt Stacey will crop up somewhere, but I really can't see her wanting to be QVC's beauty expert. For one thing, she would have to spend alot more time in the U.K.

I think it would be great if QVC could get her to do special Beauty Days every 3 months. She could present all the make-up shows, do tutorials. And we wouldn't have to watch AY.

The first round of ybf wasn't great but the products improved quite a bit as time went by. I really rate the mascara, foundation, gel eyeliner and Christmas tsv box . I hope everything works out for stacey. If qvc has dropped her rather than the other way round I think they've made a mistake as she has a lot of fans

I don't like the pencils you need to sharpen, they can give you a "too heavy" line iykwim. I like the applicator, it was just the right amount needed and looks very natural.
*off to have a browse around*

Mac's automatic pencils are really good, I swapped to this when I ran out of my MP one, I didn't get on with the ybf pencil. The mac one is lovely and smooth so you get a subtle effect.

I wore Models Prefer make up for my wedding 7.5 years ago, loved it! I even emailed in during a show and Alison read it out :) I must have gone off the range as I stopped buying it, and moved onto other brands, but I can't remember why. Have never tried any YBF products, haven't fancied them at all, which is most unlike me. I do like Stacey and wish her all the best.

As for automatic eyebrow pencils, I use an Estee Lauder one and it's fabulous! The shade is the exact colour of my brow, lasts all day and looks very natural.

statement from Stacey

"My dearest UK friends,

ybf is most importantly about you....about love and the beauty we all share!

Please know that from every ending springs a brilliant new beginning! Our future together will be bigger and brighter than ever...you can bet on it!!

Thank you for your continued love and support for what we have built together - ybf!!!

More updates to come soon!

OXO - ybf!
Stacey & the ybf Team!! "

Posted yesterday on the YBF forum...clear as mud then! Guess how many months she'll be on Ideal World before dropping into complete obscurity? I can't think of where else she could go; she started out doing infomercials on screenshop but that would be a retrograde step if she went back to that imho.

Jude xx

Last time Stacey was on QVC, she said that 2010 would be a very exciting year for the makeup range and created some sort of expectation. The QVC presenter (I cannot remember who it was) looked excited too.

I'll def will sign that petition!

Sorry Kathkin and Sammyb but i cant agree with replacing Ali - like i've said above i really like Stacey and respect her knowledge re her cosmetic range along with her infectious personality but IMO Ali's beauty knowledge is universal re skincare and cosmetics and after watching her for 14 years i've learned so much re my own skincare and cosmetic routine's - i would not have the good skin condition or makeup knowledge without her and the beauty ranges and guests she brings to QVC.She has given me the knowledge which allows me to make choices dependent on formulas or what i can afford.I accept that her voice at times can get a little "shrill"(but i think she know this) and her constant "butting in" when guests are trying to speak is annoying but again IMO her knowledge is worth a fortune(even with the voice and "butting in") .

I guess she is like Marmite - i'm sure some of us will like her regardless and some wont, so i acknowledge and respect your opinion but disagree with it. Best wishes :mysmilie_12:

Gosh that really sux! I really enjoy(ed)Stacey,although her eyebrow pencils are the only thing from the range I used,maybe it's time to start hoarding the last remaining stocks you can find on e-bay.
I don't understand all the comings and goings of various vendours??,to be a fly on the wall for all the behind the scene machinations eh?

By the way,if any of you have any friends in the States,there is an eyebrow pencil which they sell at Sephora,it's Sephora own brand,brow sculpting pencil,in fonce/dark,it works the same way,if not better than Stacey's, in that you can get about 20 different shades,from this pencil.It also has a brush on the end.They cost $10 each(bout 6 pounds)and have more 'lead' in them than Stacey's,so one would last you at least a year if not longer.

For those who don't have contacts in the States,maybe message that lady from Just Beauty Direct who posts on this site and see if she can import some here.

Be very careful if you buy any of the MP eyebrow pencils off Ebay. I did this about a year ago when Stacey's were out of stock and the one I received - although it was meant to be new and unused - had so obviously been used and only had a tiny bit of lead in it! I sent it back to the seller and luckily got refunded.

MP make-up in the betterware catalogue

Someone dropped a Betterware catalogue around last week - and in the health and personal care one, I saw a palette that Stacey used to sell under the MP label. It had a square of bronzer that graduated into pink blusher and highlighter on one side and 6 eye shadows on the other side, all baked.

I remember really wanting this palette and it always being sold out before I could jump to the phones. The price was under a tenner (can't remember exactly how much!) and obviously the packaging was different.

Latest posts

Back