Yong Kim dress versus Ideal World dress

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Caroleanne

Registered Shopper
Just turned on to see Ingrid putting a dress over the same dress she is already wearing ... what's that all about???
Anyway this dress costing £121.68 is so very similar to one being offered on ideal World the other day for £29.99 that sold out very quickly I believe for second or third time if my memory serves me right ...... just what more do you get for so much more money ...not as if its a known designer name here is it?

Just turned on to see Ingrid putting a dress over the same dress she is already wearing ... what's that all about???
Anyway this dress costing £121.68 is so very similar to one being offered on ideal World the other day for £29.99 that sold out very quickly I believe for second or third time if my memory serves me right ...... just what more do you get for so much more money ...not as if its a known designer name here is it?

They bang on about the quality of the material, modal, I think it's called. Next had a very similar top in the same material as one of the Yong Kim offerings for a fraction of the price - material felt lovely. I did remark that it was just as good on the main Q page but got the comment removed after some very die hard YK fans attacked my comment.

They bang on about the quality of the material, modal, I think it's called. Next had a very similar top in the same material as one of the Yong Kim offerings for a fraction of the price - material felt lovely. I did remark that it was just as good on the main Q page but got the comment removed after some very die hard YK fans attacked my comment.

Not allowed to post anything negative, silly really.

Its only natural that opinions will vary and all should be allowed an airing ... personally I can`t see what extra you get for your money ..and that does smack at favouritism towards some members doesn`t it? I think Ingrid is away with the fairies sometimes wearing two dresses ..the other day she was `layering` and sorry but she looked more like a bag lady trying to keep warm ..that can`t enhance the brand when its not shown to advantage !!

Last edited by a moderator:
If you watch IW fashion they have some very similar items as Q for a fraction of the price across all their lines.They even have the dreaded shark bites .

They also mix up the shows more so there's more variety in each show.

Yong Kim dress versus Ideal World dress

I wouldn't give house room to either version of fashion....lol

I know we use the term "fashion" loosely for both QVC and IW but I've got to say, the clothes I've bought from IW have all been excellent prices, quality and delivery. In twenty years a customer with QVC up until I closed my account two years, I never bought one item of clothing, not one.

The only time I forced myself to watch more than 10 mins of a YK hour (I was trying to see if I could "get" YK, but didn't succeed), she was layering on that occasion too - and ended up looking like a slimmer version of the old Michelin tyres man. Obviously trying to demonstrate the versatility of YK but it ended up looking just ridiculous. Needless to say, I haven't watched any YK for longer than 3 mins since. Also don't like Ingrid, I'm afraid.

Its only natural that opinions will vary and all should be allowed an airing ... personally I can`t see what extra you get for your money ..and that does smack at favouritism towards some members doesn`t it? I think Ingrid is away with the fairies sometimes wearing two dresses ..the other day she was `layering` and sorry but she looked more like a bag lady trying to keep warm ..that can`t enhance the brand when its not shown to advantage !!

I don't 'get' the ankle length sleeveless cardigans. (ie long waistcoats) Their point is ? Ingrid & Co, and Join, slip on these 'pieces' for the layered look. But they don't keep you warm, the fabric is so thin it would crease when sat down, and they are SO expensive for what they are.

I know we use the term "fashion" loosely for both QVC and IW but I've got to say, the clothes I've bought from IW have all been excellent prices, quality and delivery. In twenty years a customer with QVC up until I closed my account two years, I never bought one item of clothing, not one.

I bought some reflections tops about 10 years ago and they are still going strong ...

Yes the term fashion is used for want of a better word .... the thread was about the big discrepancy in the price of very similar dresses .... given the choice if I had to pick just going off the material the IW would come out on top ..it just looked better quality!!

I bought some reflections tops about 10 years ago and they are still going strong ...

Yes the term fashion is used for want of a better word .... the thread was about the big discrepancy in the price of very similar dresses .... given the choice if I had to pick just going off the material the IW would come out on top ..it just looked better quality!!

IW have just had some lovely tops on between £9.99 - £12.99 free p&p, could you imagine if QVC had these clothes on at that price, they'd sell out in under 0.05 of a second as people really would jump to the phones. :mysmilie_14: and when Debbie Flint yells "buy two!" you could actually afford to........and they were lovely :mysmilie_14:

Don't know if it was a YK that Claire Sutton had on the other day. Nice colour but she looked awful in it. This range is definitely not for me.

I've never bought fashion from IW but I have watched the shows and the prices are very good, they do sensible P&P and they have upped their ante on delivery. Would definitely use IW and I often compare products with QVC.

CC

I have the Ideal World dress and paid £19.99 when it was pick of the day . The quality is excellent a heavyweight jersey type material and I would buy more if it comes back in stock. I haven't bought any QVC fashion for years I think most of it is overpriced . I have bought several items from Ideal World and have been pleased with the quality, price and quick delivery with a fixed maximum postal charge £ 6.99 no matter how many items of fashion you buy.

DF was stating some peeps don't get the crinkled YK. She said a presenter irons out the crinkles, JK I think. Why bother, just avoid. An independent boutique by me sells YKesque styles for between £25 and £30 and often have 10% discount days, I prefer tailored clothes.

I have the Ideal World dress and paid £19.99 when it was pick of the day . The quality is excellent a heavyweight jersey type material and I would buy more if it comes back in stock. I haven't bought any QVC fashion for years I think most of it is overpriced . I have bought several items from Ideal World and have been pleased with the quality, price and quick delivery with a fixed maximum postal charge £ 6.99 no matter how many items of fashion you buy.

Couldn't agree more.

I didnt see the dress in question on IW but for the last few days they have been selling a blue Bon Marche dress ,knee length with lacy shoulders ,half sleeves and its rather nice .Very similar to a lot of Q s dresses but more substantial and not so clinging .Its £15.

If I were in the market for that type of dress I would definately try it.Loen was wearing it and looked good ,Lynn looked very good in it.

DF was stating some peeps don't get the crinkled YK. She said a presenter irons out the crinkles, JK I think. Why bother, just avoid. An independent boutique by me sells YKesque styles for between £25 and £30 and often have 10% discount days, I prefer tailored clothes.

So do I ... I just don`t suit it and look like I`ve just fell out of bed but I do appreciate some can .. pre crinkle I could never get on with linen because of the creasing !!

I don't watch qvc much but, I have seen a Yong Kim show, and Ms Tarrant was pressing the point, that YK is a real person, giving her measurements, height, etc. Is there some doubt about the very existence of the designer?

Latest posts

Back