You know me.......

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

They told us not to wear masks initially as people were buying stock the NHS needed. My nephew's partner lays insulation (don't fancy her chances of doing that job when she gets to the flushes age!) for energy providers. She had to refuse work for several months as she couldn't get masks from builder's merchants, Screwfix etc., as they were giving the PP1, 2 and 3s to the NHS.

Masks would definitely help the spread if worn properly. I despair at the chin-sling idiots. Any mask will stop some particles from getting into the atmosphere or on to surfaces. Cutting this form of transmission will help stop people from randomly infecting themselves by touching a surface or an item then touching their face before sanitising their hands.

I worked in a hospital for a while under a very strict sister. It was just as MRSA was starting to take hold. She was a tyrant for infection control but our hospital had the lowest rates of any kind of infection. I learned so much from her and still miss her rather stern ways. Sadly, after she left our hospital infection rates shot up to one of the highest in the region. Co-incidence? I think not.

Hygiene is just not a priority these days but is the best defence we have against microbes of any form. When a vaccine is finally developed for Covid people will still die needlessly from easily-controlled infections. I wish we were more like the Chinese/Koreans etc., and accept masks as part of daily life especially during flu season. Once was enough for me!

I'm more than happy to whip out my Dew spray whenever I'm out, too. I bought it as it's one of the rare sanitisers that works against Noro and would have funny looks when I'd spray cafe tables and my hands before drinking and eating. It would be nice if I didn't have to but I haven't been to a really clean cafe/restaurant for a long time. There are always bits of food or sticky bits on the tables, chairs and even on the walls. And toilets? Since when does a squirt of blue stuff and flushing count as cleaning. The crud around the seat hinges and taps make me want to heave. We should all be Moaning Minnies and complain to management. They're fed up of hearing from me!

And don't get me started on the anti-vax brigade (several on a local FB page have changed their minds and decided they want the flu jab this year according to a friend of mine - these are the ones that have made me have to wait for mine!). I remember getting the Smallpox vaccine. It's eradicated a truly awful disease from the planet yet people still think vaccines are the devil's brew. I honestly don't get that these people are too stupid to look back a century and see how much death was caused by disease and unsanitary conditions.

Just looking out of my window I can see that if my neighbours are anything like the rest of the country, they're not taking any notice of social distancing or limiting visitor numbers. If anything, they're having more people around than ever - probably due to restrictions on bars and restaurants. I do believe that this is probably the biggest cause of the rise. People aren't wearing masks at home, nor, I suspect are they keeping any distance or washing their hands. My OH's family are very much like this. They're adamant that they're having a big family Christmas (at least sixteen ) and have never been big on hand-washing. I've made excuses the last few years but he's gone and commented that since they built a toilet without a sink onto the kitchen (without the two required doors - Building Regs? What are they?) at his sister's, no one washes their hands after going then getting back to food prep! If you're not going to do it for yourself do it for your guests! Yuk. I'll be glad of the ready-made excuse this year.

My son and his whole family are all ill with coronavirus. His wife is really ill with it and has every single symptom going, he`s totally lost his sense of taste and smell and has the cough, my oldest grand daughter who`se 14 has symptoms but not too badly and my youngest grand daughter who`se 12 has no symptoms at all. They have all been tested and all are positive. That`s going to be 2 parents who won`t be in work for 2 weeks and 2 children who should be returning to school on Monday but won`t be and will miss yet more of their education. My son is more gutted because his lack of taste and smell means he won`t enjoy his usual nightly dram of single malt.
My Sister is exactly the same really poorly with the same symptoms. She didn't think the virus was that bad and she wouldn't get it. I just want her fit and well asap x

My two NHS workers family members, DD and DH are very on top of how they are handling the virus in hospitals and it beggers belief to hear that, possibly just in my area, they have STOPPED the regular staff testing now. Why? because if the results are positive, they have to have 14 days off and they can't have that many absenses.

On the plus side, my DH is one of the group of NHS staff who are being repeadly tested and monitered for anti bodies and 7 months after getting CV his are still there and he still hasn't tested positive.

A friend of mine and her husband are in some kind of regular testing and monitoring exercise for a government unit (as you can tell I didn’t take it all in). Last week she tested positive but had no symptoms. She had to self isolate for 10 days and husband for 14. She had no symptoms, hadn’t been out much so was very sceptical and was given a second test which was negative. She was then given a tie breaker which was also negative. So presumably the first one was a false positive and they have been isolating unnecessarily. You couldn’t make it up really could you?

It`s in my local paper today that the Police broke up an unofficial rave last night and just a couple of miles from where I live. It seems over 300 people gathered on farmland and there were Dj`s and other entertainment acts there. Now such things must have been planned and then news of it spread probably by social media so the logical thing would be for local Police forces and local councils to carefully monitor SM.
It was only when the landowner farmer contacted the Police to tell them one of his fields had been invaded that the Police were even aware of it. The Police turned up in several vans and were met with abuse, criminal damage done to their vehicles and resistance when they tried to shut down the event.

S0 - - - the rules are that I cannot go out except for shopping, medical, and exercise.

But on the other hand, if I live alone, and have a partner who also lives alone, we can stay in each other's houses.

But the only way I can get to her house is by public transport!

Is the walk to and from the bus stop at both ends counted as my "exercise"?

Which rule trumps the other?

They told us not to wear masks initially as people were buying stock the NHS needed. My nephew's partner lays insulation (don't fancy her chances of doing that job when she gets to the flushes age!) for energy providers. She had to refuse work for several months as she couldn't get masks from builder's merchants, Screwfix etc., as they were giving the PP1, 2 and 3s to the NHS.

Masks would definitely help the spread if worn properly. I despair at the chin-sling idiots. Any mask will stop some particles from getting into the atmosphere or on to surfaces. Cutting this form of transmission will help stop people from randomly infecting themselves by touching a surface or an item then touching their face before sanitising their hands.

I worked in a hospital for a while under a very strict sister. It was just as MRSA was starting to take hold. She was a tyrant for infection control but our hospital had the lowest rates of any kind of infection. I learned so much from her and still miss her rather stern ways. Sadly, after she left our hospital infection rates shot up to one of the highest in the region. Co-incidence? I think not.

Hygiene is just not a priority these days but is the best defence we have against microbes of any form. When a vaccine is finally developed for Covid people will still die needlessly from easily-controlled infections. I wish we were more like the Chinese/Koreans etc., and accept masks as part of daily life especially during flu season. Once was enough for me!

I'm more than happy to whip out my Dew spray whenever I'm out, too. I bought it as it's one of the rare sanitisers that works against Noro and would have funny looks when I'd spray cafe tables and my hands before drinking and eating. It would be nice if I didn't have to but I haven't been to a really clean cafe/restaurant for a long time. There are always bits of food or sticky bits on the tables, chairs and even on the walls. And toilets? Since when does a squirt of blue stuff and flushing count as cleaning. The crud around the seat hinges and taps make me want to heave. We should all be Moaning Minnies and complain to management. They're fed up of hearing from me!

And don't get me started on the anti-vax brigade (several on a local FB page have changed their minds and decided they want the flu jab this year according to a friend of mine - these are the ones that have made me have to wait for mine!). I remember getting the Smallpox vaccine. It's eradicated a truly awful disease from the planet yet people still think vaccines are the devil's brew. I honestly don't get that these people are too stupid to look back a century and see how much death was caused by disease and unsanitary conditions.

Just looking out of my window I can see that if my neighbours are anything like the rest of the country, they're not taking any notice of social distancing or limiting visitor numbers. If anything, they're having more people around than ever - probably due to restrictions on bars and restaurants. I do believe that this is probably the biggest cause of the rise. People aren't wearing masks at home, nor, I suspect are they keeping any distance or washing their hands. My OH's family are very much like this. They're adamant that they're having a big family Christmas (at least sixteen ) and have never been big on hand-washing. I've made excuses the last few years but he's gone and commented that since they built a toilet without a sink onto the kitchen (without the two required doors - Building Regs? What are they?) at his sister's, no one washes their hands after going then getting back to food prep! If you're not going to do it for yourself do it for your guests! Yuk. I'll be glad of the ready-made excuse this year.
Who ARE these people, FFS!!!

Call the rozzers if this behaviour persists. They need saving from themselves!

Latest posts

Back