Your Notion of the QVC Makeup First Division

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have two of her blushers, one lipstick,one eye shadow pencil the Glow foundation. All are great quality and not that expensive, but I have never fancied any of her eyeshadow quads.

Oh and its much cheaper to buy from her own site direct shipping wise.

Marc Jacobs has now launched in Harrods, the eyeliner pencils great reviews. Gucci is quite nice(I have bought from Ebay), and direct from them. Free Shipping direct from Florence lovely eyeshadow quads and singles, lipsticks taste of chocolate.

Burberry do free next day shipping from their site, but Feel Unique will usually have a deal on.

Tom Ford eyeshadows quads always have a sparkle one, Burberry never have sparkle soft matt also with the singles better colour pay off. Their cream eyeshadows are amazing, you can actually layer.
Tom Ford blushers are gorgeous, but I actually think Burberry are better. The latter has a gorgeous old style makeup smell, also their are only two shades in Tom I can get away with. All Burberry are soft wearable colours.

Lipsticks Tom has a richer texture almost balm like in feel.

Never tried his mascara but Burberry Bold is lovely.

Foundation Tom is more glowy big time.

thanks for that feedback Donna
yes esp the Burberry cream eye shadows i have heard lots of good things about
they are also in the feel unique sale and £10 off a £25 spend
but unfortunately i have already spend my budget this month
another time....
some gorgeous shades incl coppers, nudies, mauves and i must get a nice grey without glittery bits

Already? what did you blow the budget on?!! Hijacking the thread for a moment, I got an email this morning from Origins announcing their new Maskimiser, a primer for under face masks....seems it's a marine algae-infused water you spritz on under whatever face mask you are using and it.....does something. What will they think of next?!!!

Already? what did you blow the budget on?!! Hijacking the thread for a moment, I got an email this morning from Origins announcing their new Maskimiser, a primer for under face masks....seems it's a marine algae-infused water you spritz on under whatever face mask you are using and it.....does something. What will they think of next?!!!

i don't spend that much on make up
prefer to spend on effective skin care
ideanlly something that improves not just in the moment but over the medium and longer term
for me, having nice skin (and good health)
is 80% of the way there
i have already spend my budget on NIOD stuff (and thrilled with it)
as i did last month

but no judgement intended
each to their own, just my preference

if i had any budget left,
i'd love to try the Guerlain Meteriotes powder balls with a gorgeous fluffy brush
and the Aromatherapy Associates Bath Jewel collection of 10 9ml bottles at less than half price on Victoria Health
about 5 colours of the Nyx Matte lip cream and 2 of the Bourjois Velvet Matte (into orange hues at the mo)
would love the Chanel blush LA Sunset with the different hues in ribbons of orange, pink and blush
and would take up the Emma Hardie Feelunique offer for the Moringa Balm
BUT
looking forward (while sticking to my spend boundaries) to maybe acquiring some of these later,
and finding them at good offer prices, is nice too, i don't have to have everything immediately

funnily enough, not coveting much on QVC at the mo (but bought the NIOD duo last month, first order for ages)

Surprised no one has mentioned Charlotte Tillsbury,I adore her cosmetics.

funnily enough, just came across a bit of info that said that Eddie Izzard wears Charlotte Tilbury Make up
and that it says so in his tour programme

completely unrelated to the above though
her marketing has not really drawn me in
all that Godess this and Rock chick that and mesmerising eyes the other
it is probably not aimed at me, shall i say
i saw her on youtube saying that she never ever lets her man see her without make up
and sleeps in it
she has a different attitude to beauty than i have
no worries, i am sure her stuff is not directed at 'my segment'

She had to clear up the sleeping in makeup thing. She does not sleep in her makeup and removes it every night. But makes sure she has some on every morning. Caroline Hirons asked her about it. So many thought sleeping in her makeup was gross. :mysmilie_17:

The last makeup I bought was the new NARS eyeshadow in Kari. Its new season can use it wet or dry and lovely rose pink shade.

I have been going nuts buying perfume in the sales Etat Libre D'Orange range half price.

Surprised no one has mentioned Charlotte Tillsbury,I adore her cosmetics.

I've found it style over substance so far to be honest. Gorgeous packaging and branding but products rather meh. I do have a mascara to try after my current one though, maybe that will buck the trend.

Marc Jacobs has now launched in Harrods, the eyeliner pencils great reviews. Gucci is quite nice(I have bought from Ebay), and direct from them. Free Shipping direct from Florence lovely eyeshadow quads and singles, lipsticks taste of chocolate.

I was in NYC last August and bought some MJ items from Sephora. His eyeliners are fab. My favourite is Navy Noir - and it really does stay put. I love his Twinkle Pop eyeshadow stick - Au Revoir is my favourite, but be warned that they cause massive irritation is used on the lower lash line. I've never experienced such eye pain and lots of eye-watering to the point of being unable to open my eyes properly for about 20 minutes. No problems on the upper lids but a big no-go on the lower lash line. Its a shame. There must be an ingredient in it that causes this level of irritation.

The mascara is good too and pretty waterproof. I ended up giving the Perfection Powder Featherweight Finish in Finish Line to my teenage daughter as she has beautiful alabaster skin - the powder was too chalky white for me, despite it supposed to be translucent.

Natasha Denona is next on my list to try but I'm going to wait till the summer and finish up a few products first. Which will be a first for me.

Latest posts

Back