Your question has not been published ..re Kings Realm

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

And I agree with you to a point too! Jamie cannot be villified though as the current state of supermarkets ruling the world in this country was not started by Jamie - it was already that way. I think Sainsburys certainly have more principles than Tesco, Asda or Morrisons. Waitrose seem to be the best but now are paying Delia which is a bit of a contradiction as they do the largest range of free range and Delia has spoken up about free range not being important in the past.
We know about Jamie's great charitable work with Fifteen and we don't know how much of his millions he gives to charity so I personally feel he deserves a break!

You know what, you're right, they are all at it, to be quite frank together they will kill all town centers imo. A few years ago I was in America, Atlanta, they have room for out of town shopping malls and "historic" towns like Savannah old school shops and very kind people with manners. "We" in the UK don't have room for both, the foot print of the Country is just too small. Honestly one of the main reasons I left the UK was because I didn't want to spend the rest of my life stressed or should I say queuing, be it in a car on the phone in a supermarket or even at the hospital for a parking space that I had to then pay for! As for Jamie only time will tell of his legacy! I hope it's a better one than Gordon F*****G Ramsay will leave.

You know what, you're right, they are all at it, to be quite frank together they will kill all town centers imo. A few years ago I was in America, Atlanta, they have room for out of town shopping malls and "historic" towns like Savannah old school shops and very kind people with manners. "We" in the UK don't have room for both, the foot print of the Country is just too small. Honestly one of the main reasons I left the UK was because I didn't want to spend the rest of my life stressed or should I say queuing, be it in a car on the phone in a supermarket or even at the hospital for a parking space that I had to then pay for! As for Jamie only time will tell of his legacy! I hope it's a better one than Gordon F*****G Ramsay will leave.

I truly hope that his legacy is better than Gordon's who has totally sold out!

My Mum and Dad left Britannia to go to France for exactly the same reasons as you! They love it there!

Just a heads up really if, as the strapline for Kings Realm, "know the providence of your food" is really true ... and "our animals have been happy ones before they meet your tablel" .. is actually true

Yes the produce is allege from the mythial world of King Arthur .. so Mr Nicely Rounded
(4th generation) butcher man says ...

But is it from free range and organic meat ..... i.e not from animals confined during the day - be them in King Arthurs realm or not !!!

So I asked a question on the xmas hamper meat box via QVC web .... in a nutshell the question I asked was if Kings Realm meat is from free range animals, and/or raised organic - as the write up of the item does not mention this and I am sure this would help me and others make their own informed decision on whether suitable to their requirements.....

QVC response ..... my question will not be posted, as it does not comply with the strict guidelines set by QVC.

The real answer should have been .."No the meat is not free range, despite the inane blurb of Mr and Mrs Blobby ... and no it is not organic either ... but we don't want everyone to know this - its just vastly over priced, inhumanely produced, you can get anywhere meat ... and rather than deal with this we'd rather just sweep your question, unanswered under the carpet".

I can't wait to ring up next time, tell them live on air that qvc refused to answer my question, and ask him the same .... !!! Lets see him shed a few chipolata's under the spotlight of my interogation ....

Oooooohhhhhhhhh I am ABSOLUTELY FURIOUS ... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have a feeling (maybe wrong) that Kings Realm is Buccleuch rebranded. If this is so then a very well known cook (half of a couple of large lady cooks!) doesn't think a lot of it. In my book, that's good enough for me as I have a huge amount of respect for her.

Have to echo Rozzy here
I'm a veggie but my family are real carnivores!! I make peace with myself by using my butcher down the road who is very good, i ask him whats cheap and what to do with it when we're skint and he is always very pleased to help me out
Am a great fan of his bacon bits (all the weird shaped oddments left over) which can be made into lots of things!
Can't imagine "Mr 8 in number" be bothered to tell me how long he would cook a scrag end for or encourage me to buy the cheapest bit and give me a recipe that turns it into a lovely meal

Well they've stirred up a real hornets nest haven't they !!

| have called cust svcs who "will get back to me"........ which tells its own story I fear ....

If this thread does nothing more than get everyone thinking about KR, and the source of meat then that's good enough for me ... I for one will definately never ever buy anything from the Pilsbury Dough Boy and his side kick ... and QVC are a disgrace in helping to perpetrate a mis:angry:erable and sad existance for animals in the food chain .... (rant over .... :angry:

Latest posts

Back