Your question has not been published ..re Kings Realm

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

missymissfabulous

Registered Shopper
Just a heads up really if, as the strapline for Kings Realm, "know the providence of your food" is really true ... and "our animals have been happy ones before they meet your tablel" .. is actually true

Yes the produce is allege from the mythial world of King Arthur .. so Mr Nicely Rounded
(4th generation) butcher man says ...

But is it from free range and organic meat ..... i.e not from animals confined during the day - be them in King Arthurs realm or not !!!

So I asked a question on the xmas hamper meat box via QVC web .... in a nutshell the question I asked was if Kings Realm meat is from free range animals, and/or raised organic - as the write up of the item does not mention this and I am sure this would help me and others make their own informed decision on whether suitable to their requirements.....

QVC response ..... my question will not be posted, as it does not comply with the strict guidelines set by QVC.

The real answer should have been .."No the meat is not free range, despite the inane blurb of Mr and Mrs Blobby ... and no it is not organic either ... but we don't want everyone to know this - its just vastly over priced, inhumanely produced, you can get anywhere meat ... and rather than deal with this we'd rather just sweep your question, unanswered under the carpet".

I can't wait to ring up next time, tell them live on air that qvc refused to answer my question, and ask him the same .... !!! Lets see him shed a few chipolata's under the spotlight of my interogation ....

Oooooohhhhhhhhh I am ABSOLUTELY FURIOUS ... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For those ridiculous prices, I'd expect them to know the names of the animals they have slaughtered, let alone the farmer's! Haven't see any of the demo's so haven't heard what they've said about the stuff. I'm sure if it was organic/free range, they'd be banging on about it non stop, it doesn't mention that it is either on the website, so one would have to presume that it isn't..in which case that's absolutely terrible. I can't see why qvc couldn't answer your question, or at least give you another number/address to contact. Maybe, If you are interested then perhaps you could contact King's realm direct, and tell them that there is NO excuse for inhumane farming practices, especially since you're charging premium prices for the produce. If you wanted cheap, unethical produce you'd buy Asda smart price!

Had a quick look online and King's realm don't appear to have their own website, all mentions of them lead to QVC...mmmmmm!

Last edited:
Have had a quick look around the web, and can't find a website for King's realm, seems as though they're exclusive to qvc, very strange, perhaps they do supply basic meat products to supermarkets too!

Perhaps it's worth putting the question on the QVC Facebook page? Or ringing customer services for clarification? I don't think I've heard them say that Kings Realm is organic but they definitely give the impression that it's free-range. I've heard them wittering many times about how well-cared for the animals are. If it turns out the meat is neither free range nor organic, then I absolutely CANNOT understand why they are charging so much for it.

For those ridiculous prices, I'd expect them to know the names of the animals they have slaughtered, let alone the farmer's! Haven't see any of the demo's so haven't heard what they've said about the stuff. I'm sure if it was organic/free range, they'd be banging on about it non stop, it doesn't mention that it is either on the website, so one would have to presume that it isn't..in which case that's absolutely terrible. I can't see why qvc couldn't answer your question, or at least give you another number/address to contact. Maybe, If you are interested then perhaps you could contact King's realm direct, and tell them that there is NO excuse for inhumane farming practices, especially since you're charging premium prices for the produce. If you wanted cheap, unethical produce you'd buy Asda smart price!

Had a quick look online and King's realm don't appear to have their own website, all mentions of them lead to QVC...mmmmmm!

Opps I'm guilty of buying Asda smart price crumpets they have a lot less calories than others I've checked.

:sad:

Have had a quick look around the web, and can't find a website for King's realm, seems as though they're exclusive to qvc, very strange, perhaps they do supply basic meat products to supermarkets too!

No Mr 8 in number has said QVC asked him if they could create a food range together.

Opps I'm guilty of buying Asda smart price crumpets they have a lot less calories than others I've checked.

:sad:

So am I! I wouldn't buy the battery eggs, or their cheap chicken..but at least the price reflects what you're getting. Smart price stuff is on the whole cheap n' cheerful!

I think Im right in saying that Asda Smart Price crumpets are both kept and slaughtered perfectly humanely. :nod:

I can't believe they wouldn't answer your question:wonder:
I was very tempted by the xmas hamper and after hearing them bang on about how well kept the animals are I assumed (stupidly) that there meat was at least free range:wonder:
How on earth can they justify selling at those prices if all it is is meat that I could buy in any supermarket!
I really think it should be asked on there facebook page.
I'm soooo glad I didn't bother ordering. I would be so mad if I had ordered meat at a premium price only to find it's bog standard stuff.
I'm guessing its neither free range or organic as I believe they would have no problem replying to your question on that product for all to seen if it was.:angry:

It might just be that your question was rejected on account of something not related to your question. I had something initially rejected with a similar explanation. So I pursued it and it turned out that it was because I had mentioned an offer that was no longer available (a OTO, I think). So it could be that.

I know a little bit about Andrew's background. He has worked in the meat industry for many years and, as far as I am informed, is highly reliable and provides a good quality product. He uses reliable sources (I know someone who used to work for the source he uses) and the meat is of good quality and I am told the animals are well cared for. I cannot say much more, except that the person I know is very, very picky about the meat he eats.

Yet another example of QVC treating it's customers like mushrooms - keeping us in the dark and feeding us bullsh*t!!!!

The first thing that pops into my head is the name 'Kings Realm' who thinks this stuff up? I bet the real name of the place is Daves Abattoir, although I think they may have been told off if the used the name 'Queens Realm' people may have assumed the meats came from Royal stock but since there is no such thing as 'Kings Realm' not even a website, I think qvc should just come out and admit it's their own version of Ideal Worlds 'Foot and Mouth Valley foods'.

Catchy! Yep That's what I thought, oh I have a new range of furniture coming out soon, gonna call it 'Kings Ar$e sofas n stuff'.:thinking:

I kinow I'm always banging on about this but PLEASE SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL BUTCHER!
Before you know it they'll have all disappeared from the High Street. They're nearly always cheaper than supermarkets (unless it's a really posh one) more knowledgeable and if they're anything like my butcher, know exactly where every animal that they sell has come from.
I have no connection with butchers btw:sun:It's just something I feel passionately about.

I kinow I'm always banging on about this but PLEASE SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL BUTCHER!
Before you know it they'll have all disappeared from the High Street. They're nearly always cheaper than supermarkets (unless it's a really posh one) more knowledgeable and if they're anything like my butcher, know exactly where every animal that they sell has come from.
I have no connection with butchers btw:sun:It's just something I feel passionately about.

I agree (even though I live abroad) I still remember the two fat ladies prog and on one particular episode they both said how disappointing it was that a certain Mr.Oliver had sold out to a large supermarket chain, something they were asked to do many times and refused.
When I did live in the UK, I did support the local shops and have seen first hand how a single supermarket can decimate small businesses/shops, yes supermarkets are cheaper and more convenient, I do wonder what will happen in the long term to the towns and communities.

As far as I'm concerned, if the animals aren't free range then they aren't particularly well cared for. It's all very well saying that they are on every show but Andrew needs to be more specific. If they aren't free range, then I think viewers are entitled to know what constitutes "well cared for," so they can make up their own mind as to whether this is good enough.

It definitely is not free range or organic. If it was then it'd be on the description and they'd be banging on about it constantly! They are legal terms however 'happy animals', 'well kept' and all of those comments are not legal terms and they can say whatever bullsh1t they want - and no doubt will.

I have a great award winning Free Range Butchers near me and I'd be able to get the equivalent of the carp box they were flogging last week of free range meats for the same price. I will happily pay that as I know it is truly free range and I get great service too. As for Kings Realm, it's highly misleading, rip off meat that I cannot believe QVC are pushing! Shame on you QVC!!

Last edited:
I agree (even though I live abroad) I still remember the two fat ladies prog and on one particular episode they both said how disappointing it was that a certain Mr.Oliver had sold out to a large supermarket chain, something they were asked to do many times and refused.

A fair enough point re Jamie Oliver but personally I disagree. I think Jamie has done a huge amount to educate people about free range and I know people who now buy free range because of the education he has provided. He has made supermarkets, especially Sainsburys increase their 'free range' range and the freedom food range which although not my personal choice is a hell of a lot better than the minimum legal standards.

A fair enough point re Jamie Oliver but personally I disagree. I think Jamie has done a huge amount to educate people about free range and I know people who now buy free range because of the education he has provided. He has made supermarkets, especially Sainsburys increase their 'free range' range and the freedom food range which although not my personal choice is a hell of a lot better than the minimum legal standards.

I agree you are right to a point, he does seem to have a good heart and integrity, also has helped many people in his own businesses, but IMO it's a contradiction in a way, I don't believe he has sold his soul for 30 pieces of silver, but his programs and adverts for sainsburys really do influence people that I am certain of. So small town shops have suffered by people shopping at his chosen chain. The good things he has done in recent times have been truly great, so why now when he is worth an estimated 66 million (good for him) does he continue to do adverts for sainsburys while carrying so much clout? Answer imo Money, call me cynical. It does not change the facts that supermarkets are killing small towns.

Here in France it is against the law to sell cigarettes, newspapers, lotto tickets, or pharmacy, prescriptions in a supermarket. Personally I think it's a great idea and keeps the small shops alive.

Just a heads up really if, as the strapline for Kings Realm, "know the providence of your food" is really true ... and "our animals have been happy ones before they meet your tablel" .. is actually true

Yes the produce is allege from the mythial world of King Arthur .. so Mr Nicely Rounded
(4th generation) butcher man says ...

But is it from free range and organic meat ..... i.e not from animals confined during the day - be them in King Arthurs realm or not !!!

So I asked a question on the xmas hamper meat box via QVC web .... in a nutshell the question I asked was if Kings Realm meat is from free range animals, and/or raised organic - as the write up of the item does not mention this and I am sure this would help me and others make their own informed decision on whether suitable to their requirements.....

QVC response ..... my question will not be posted, as it does not comply with the strict guidelines set by QVC.
The real answer should have been .."No the meat is not free range, despite the inane blurb of Mr and Mrs Blobby ... and no it is not organic either ... but we don't want everyone to know this - its just vastly over priced, inhumanely produced, you can get anywhere meat ... and rather than deal with this we'd rather just sweep your question, unanswered under the carpet".

I can't wait to ring up next time, tell them live on air that qvc refused to answer my question, and ask him the same .... !!! Lets see him shed a few chipolata's under the spotlight of my interogation ....

Oooooohhhhhhhhh I am ABSOLUTELY FURIOUS ... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where did you post your question? In the review section? If so, maybe that's why you got that answer. How about asking them direct via email, they should reply that way, unless the question is too difficult to answer honestly!!

What happened to Exmoor Style and Buccleuch meat? Is this just a name change? The prices, IMO are unbelievable, far too pricey, especially if they're not free range and organic. Buy locally, cheaper, fresher, you can have whatever quantity you want and you're supporting the local butcher, a rare breed!

I agree you are right to a point, he does seem to have a good heart and integrity, also has helped many people in his own businesses, but IMO it's a contradiction in a way, I don't believe he has sold his soul for 30 pieces of silver, but his programs and adverts for sainsburys really do influence people that I am certain of. So small town shops have suffered by people shopping at his chosen chain. The good things he has done in recent times have been truly great, so why now when he is worth an estimated 66 million (good for him) does he continue to do adverts for sainsburys while carrying so much clout? Answer imo Money, call me cynical. It does not change the facts that supermarkets are killing small towns.

Here in France it is against the law to sell cigarettes, newspapers, lotto tickets, or pharmacy, prescriptions in a supermarket. Personally I think it's a great idea and keeps the small shops alive.

And I agree with you to a point too! Jamie cannot be villified though as the current state of supermarkets ruling the world in this country was not started by Jamie - it was already that way. I think Sainsburys certainly have more principles than Tesco, Asda or Morrisons. Waitrose seem to be the best but now are paying Delia which is a bit of a contradiction as they do the largest range of free range and Delia has spoken up about free range not being important in the past.
We know about Jamie's great charitable work with Fifteen and we don't know how much of his millions he gives to charity so I personally feel he deserves a break!

Back