L'Occitane TSV 02/07/23

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Try the L'Occitane TSV before, there was the Elemis TSV around the same time. People looking up use by codes and Alexis did not take it well.
If you have nothing to hide….. and the product/brand you are endorsing has a decent shelf life, you would just answer any questions without getting in a strop… wouldn’t you?

I’ve noticed now that the guests focus on the ‘shelf life’ after the bottle, jar etc has been opened. They might mention the in-opened shelf life if prompted by the Q presenter but very low key.

There was a time when the un-opened shelf life was a big selling feature, allowing us to ‘stock pile’ at a bargain price.

I’ve noticed now that the guests focus on the ‘shelf life’ after the bottle, jar etc has been opened. They might mention the in-opened shelf life if prompted by the Q presenter but very low key.

There was a time when the un-opened shelf life was a big selling feature, allowing us to ‘stock pile’ at a bargain price.
Yes and that’s what a lot of people continue to do, and got caught out with the recent Elemis carry on….
What really annoyed me was Elemis is an expensive brand, so when there is a decent TSV, people do grab a few…. But now we know there’s a good chance it’s old stock…
And the brand ambassadors have the ****** nerve to get shirty because the customer has dared to question the shelf life…

Yes and that’s what a lot of people continue to do, and got caught out with the recent Elemis carry on….
What really annoyed me was Elemis is an expensive brand, so when there is a decent TSV, people do grab a few…. But now we know there’s a good chance it’s old stock…
And the brand ambassadors have the ****** nerve to get shirty because the customer has dared to question the shelf life…
They’ve been caught out and are embarrassed I bet .. tough .. they shouldn’t do it and should have the integrity to apologise to their customers. Absolutely shoddy imho .. they’ve got very loyal customers too! Surely that must account for something 🤦🏻‍♀️

They’ve been caught out and are embarrassed I bet .. tough .. they shouldn’t do it and should have the integrity to apologise to their customers. Absolutely shoddy imho .. they’ve got very loyal customers too! Surely that must account for something 🤦🏻‍♀️
Apparently not……
It’s dreadful behaviour, and It does the brand no good at all.

I’m wondering how well the next Elemis TSV will sell… apparently it contains the new rose serum, which is £90 for 30ml. On Facebook, the majority of responses are that it is far too expensive. With some people adding that they are moving away as Elemis is so expensive as a brand. Selling old stock won’t help them…

Apparently not……
It’s dreadful behaviour, and It does the brand no good at all.

I’m wondering how well the next Elemis TSV will sell… apparently it contains the new rose serum, which is £90 for 30ml. On Facebook, the majority of responses are that it is far too expensive. With some people adding that they are moving away as Elemis is so expensive as a brand. Selling old stock won’t help them…
Exactly .. it it’s all true then the arrogance will back fire .. people will vote with their feet.

I for one will no longer be buying Elemis. Old stock, not being able to get shower cream out of the bottle and the silly prices they now ask I am looking elsewhere. Plus, and think I'm out there on my own when I say this, I really dislike the cleansing balms😮! I always give them away, which makes the majority of TSV Elemis have even more expensive. Currently using up my last Pro collagen, I'd better start looking! Any suggestions for a mature, dryish skin welcome.

I for one will no longer be buying Elemis. Old stock, not being able to get shower cream out of the bottle and the silly prices they now ask I am looking elsewhere. Plus, and think I'm out there on my own when I say this, I really dislike the cleansing balms😮! I always give them away, which makes the majority of TSV Elemis have even more expensive. Currently using up my last Pro collagen, I'd better start looking! Any suggestions for a mature, dryish skin welcome.
The body shop one is good.
Also Upcircle and Emma Hardie.
I alternate between those.

The body shop cleansing balm is superb. Think it’s £12 ish for 90mls. Aldi hot cloth cleanser is a great dupe for Liz Earle C&P. Currently £1.99 online, although I think I store it’s £2.99… Simple toner is superb and so cheap.

I must say that I have yet to find a moisturiser that beats PCMC so I can’t abandon Elemis completely… although I am going to be very mindful of where I buy it from and how much. Currently trying LE skin repair rich, but it doesn’t suit my skin at all…

As for the shower cream, well I am cutting back on expensive brands. Molton Brown Christmas set maybe L’Occitane around Christmas time…but i‘m going to start looking at what’s in the high street. Too many brands charging crazy amounts.

Sorry to hijack this thread, 'cause i'm about to mention Molton Brown and not L'occitane but they've got a set of 4 bath foams for £47 & £3.95 and they said, you'd normally be paying £78 for this configuration!!!! Who do they mean by "you" 'cause it certainly doesn't mean me - I can't speak for others obviously but I don't think I know anyone who would pay so much money for something that's gonna end up down the plug 'ole (even at the lower price). Yes I'm sure the bath foam smells divine, the bubble are sumptuous and the bottles look posh, but take my word for it, there are divine smelling, good quality bubbly treats out there for an absolute fraction of that ridiculous price. I would say if you were that bothered about the posh bottle, I'd sooner invest in a nice looking decanter and put the cheaper stuff inside - It's going down the plug 'ole!!!!

On This Morning today they have an article around 12pm ish …… skin care products on high street that are really good and don’t break the bank … one of tbem i saw Marks and Sparks and Aldi also 👍
I watched that section and it’s just reinforced what I’ve done for years. I no longer buy the “prestige” brands but use high street products and my skin is doing just fine, as is my bank balance. However, the fact that people regularly knock 15 years off my actual age, and sometimes more, is down to my genes, drinking plenty of water and never having sunbathed. I do think that products are beneficial but you don’t need to pay a fortune to get good results.

I havent`t tried this cream for myself but I use their Frankincense face cream and really like it. I`ve also used many other of their products too. The Marine cream is £24 for 60ml and free delivery. It might be worth a try especially as you like the Elemis marine cream but as I said, I haven`t yet used it. They only make small batches of anything and there`s always an expiry date on everything so you can see its fresh.
They also do a full set of their Marine products which includes 5 full sized items

Latest posts

Back