who has had work done

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

There are more important things to worry about, but this part of the Forum is for items concerning QVC and people with face lifts or other treatments should not be used to flog skin care and cosmetics as it gives a false impression of what these products can allegedly do.
Yes it's a bit like those mascara adverts that say they have used false lashes, it's misleading.

Which reminds me did anyone else notice on the photos of the "results" for pro-strong there was a disclaimer saying something like "results may vary results not typical". So we cannot expect the results they showed.

dont care on qvc who has, what makes my spit boil is those retched L'oreal ads especially andi mc dowell and that doris now saying 'yes i am 44' grrrr my hubs has to restrain me

many of the qvc models have had a face lift, you can see a mark/scar under their chin when they are lying down on the treatment chair
Anneka, goodie, karen, and others have definitely had work done
I don't mind this, as models they are dependent on their looks, but it is a totally different case as they are trying to sell you skincare stuff that apparently has worked wonders on the models where in reality it was a knife that made their face look youthful, which is deceptive and not acceptable

Alison Young always makes a point of saying that Ammeka (or whatever her 'model' name is - real name Deborah) has not had Botox, fillers or cosmetic surgery of any kind.

Funny how she doesn't say this for any of the other models though isn't it? :thinking:

I feel that if models have had cosmetic enhancement procedures and are selling skin care that is being credited with assiting how they look, then we the consumer should be told . The model is used as part of a sales pitch and how she looks is part of the sales information , as a previous poster said its as bad as hair and mascara comercials that had to be forced to state that post production techniques where used to "enhance" results .

Joan Rivers looks like she has just stepped out of a wind tunnel and Tova looks like she has been embalmed.

Joan Rivers has been open about having work done, I believe.

I'm often amused by how Joan and Tova can barely open their mouths to talk, never mind smile. How much Botox are we talking about?

I'm sure they have both had more than is good for them.. It is way over the top. Surgery is probably involved too. Allegedly

tova and joan rivers have had work done. but who cares. fiona looks younger now than when she first started selling decleor.her frown lines were omnipresent (always there) i would have had work done if i had frown lines like that at her age.she really has done it gradually and spaced it out but i do think that is misleading. would love to see some old videos to prove the point .

lu lu is blatant and i was going to buy some stuff for my mum on mothers day but i wont now as she is so very dishonest and blatant with it. i wonderer if after reading this forum she tells all.she does look good much better than her last visit but thats the rub ......she looks toooooo goooooood

Does anyone know if botox/fillers etc would work on a crepe-y neck with "necklace lines" ?:33:

Or, could you recommend a good, effective neck cream (not necessarily a QVC brand, if this is allowed).

Thanks

Linda

dont know if you can get neaks done yet as the skin is thin etc.same for hand surgery.
beauty bible said that the liz earle moisturiser was excellent as a neck cream. i would imagine the one for dry skin. i like the philosophy one as its very heavy duty. packed with parabens though lol

Does anyone know if botox/fillers etc would work on a crepe-y neck with "necklace lines" ?:33:

Or, could you recommend a good, effective neck cream (not necessarily a QVC brand, if this is allowed).

Thanks

Linda

Both me (who has just turned 40) and my mid-60s Mum have been using Philosophy's When Hope is Not Enough Neck Cream for a month now. Within a couple of days of use (morning and evening) it made a massive difference to both our necks. We are fortunate in that we have reasonably good skin to begin with, but due to me having a large bosom (don't you just love that word?) I have noticed little crepy bits when I wear certain bras and I have a couple of (noticeable to me) necklace lines. My neck was definitely 'older' than my face! I can honestly say that this cream has entirely eradicated my crepiness, and already greatly lessened the visibility of the lines. My skin feels plumped and the texture is refined. I love it! It is a weird texture - quite thick and you need to emulsify it before you apply it - but it has really worked. I have used a Decleor neck gel in the past but found it did not sink in well and was nowhere near as effective. You could certainly try this on the 30-day thing and after a couple of weeks of use you should really be able to see whether this is working for you, I would think.

nicky j spot on. i have a bossom of 38g proportions and find as you said if you want to flaunt them mammas that you can get a crepy look. i have lost 6 stone in 2 years and the philosophy neck cream is the best thing for me. i only use it when i m going out but i can imagine really good results if used regularly.

nicky j spot on. i have a bossom of 38g proportions and find as you said if you want to flaunt them mammas that you can get a crepy look. i have lost 6 stone in 2 years and the philosophy neck cream is the best thing for me. i only use it when i m going out but i can imagine really good results if used regularly.

Moi aussi, re 38g!
Bravissimo girl, eh?
I figure you might as well flaunt 'em - you can hardly hide 'em! Like they say ' if you can't hide it, decorate it!'
I have lost weight too, not as much as you - well done! I came down a back size and three cup sizes, so have a bit of, shall we say, slackness? That cream works a treat!

Moi aussi, re 38g!
Bravissimo girl, eh?
I figure you might as well flaunt 'em - you can hardly hide 'em! Like they say ' if you can't hide it, decorate it!'
I have lost weight too, not as much as you - well done! I came down a back size and three cup sizes, so have a bit of, shall we say, slackness? That cream works a treat!

What is it about this place that makes us reveal our darkest, most embarrassing secrets? It's better (or worse) than therapy!

Alison Young always makes a point of saying that Ammeka (or whatever her 'model' name is - real name Deborah) has not had Botox, fillers or cosmetic surgery of any kind.

Funny how she doesn't say this for any of the other models though isn't it? :thinking:

Alison's also said that about Tanya but I've heard her say for the serious skincare shows she won't have models that have had work done because it's not fair - is Amekas real name Deborah? :11:

Latest posts

Back