who has had work done

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Alison Young always makes a point of saying that Ammeka (or whatever her 'model' name is - real name Deborah) has not had Botox, fillers or cosmetic surgery of any kind.

Funny how she doesn't say this for any of the other models though isn't it? :thinking:
By doing that Alison is implying that all the QVC models, who she hasn’t personally approved, have had work done. Which could be considered offensive to the QVC models who haven’t had any work done, and haven’t been granted Alison’s green light. :16:
many of the qvc models have had a face lift, you can see a mark/scar under their chin when they are lying down on the treatment chair
A strategically placed scar under the chin, can also be the sign of a chin implant. ;)

Alison's also said that about Tanya but I've heard her say for the serious skincare shows she won't have models that have had work done because it's not fair - is Amekas real name Deborah? :11:

Hmmm ... either she is lying or she doesn't consider Clientele to be serious skincare cos they have definitely used older models who look like they've had lifts/injections during those shows!

Alison's very selective with her criticism. She can be horrible to people like Diana and Amanda about cosmetic procedures, yet she never says a word to Karen or Tiffany. And certainly, her strong views about surgery seem to be absent when she is in the studio with Lulu or Tova. A bit of consistency wouldn't go amiss...

Ooo, have you, Sazza? I missed that, I'm afraid. Do you think she'll make similar comments to Lulu and Tova? I have my doubts...

Ooo, have you, Sazza? I missed that, I'm afraid. Do you think she'll make similar comments to Lulu and Tova? I have my doubts...

She makes snidey comments to most of the models about one thing or another.

As for saying similar to Lulu or Tova............not likely!!! :laughing:

I'm not really bothered whether they have had work done or not so long as that is not alongside a claim that attributes their looks to long term use of a certain product instead.

The models are simply demonstrating the product as far as I'm concerned and as I more or less ignore them except if technique involved they may as well be a plastic dummy!

However, Lulu flogging her own line crosses the line with her claims....

Regarding Fiona and frown lines. I've had them as long as I can remember (assume not born with them but may have to go check the pics) and spent most of my younger years with a fringe because they bothered me in comparison with my youthful face with good skin.

fiona took her fringe away for the last shows. she was so happy with the result obviously. she usually has one to hide her frown lines. it looks like she has them realaxed. decleor are good to give her the money to do it to promote their product though and i do think she looks a lot better as she has a nice smiley face.
not against work to be honest but to be honest thats not honest...

Hmmm ... either she is lying or she doesn't consider Clientele to be serious skincare cos they have definitely used older models who look like they've had lifts/injections during those shows!

I think I'm too naive :8:

She makes snidey comments to most of the models about one thing or another.

As for saying similar to Lulu or Tova............not likely!!! :laughing:
Alison definitely has double standards, she knows which side her bread is buttered. :33:

I'm not really bothered whether they have had work done or not so long as that is not alongside a claim that attributes their looks to long term use of a certain product instead.

The models are simply demonstrating the product as far as I'm concerned and as I more or less ignore them except if technique involved they may as well be a plastic dummy!
Exactly:35: there’s a big difference between demonstrating and endorsing a product. I’m not a fan of artificial enhancement, but couldn’t give a toss if a model has had a bit of work done. After all their livelihood is dependent on the way they look. :rolleyes:

My thanks to everyone who recommended Philosophy's neck cream. I've just read all 47 customer reviews and then "secured" my order. Can't wait to try it!

Linda

Latest posts

Back