elemis- keeleys advice on facebook page

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think Paula Begoun's books are very useful for cutting through a lot of the advertising and terminology that cosmetics companies use to try and baffle us into buying something we might not otherwise. I love when she looks at something like Creme de la Mer and says that it's basically water, oil and seaweed extract and nothing more! She's a huge fan of more affordable ranges like Olay and Neutrogena and does really good articles on things like choosing the right sunscreen and how to treat age spots etc. I don't always agree with her reviews, there are some products I love that she hates but at least thanks to her I know whats in them and I can make my own choice.

I think what paula is against is the belief that is sold that because its 'natural' then its automatically good. She is not against oils per se mainly fragrant oils because at a cellular level they have been proven to cause irritation, so what she says is actually based on genuine research from dermatalogical journals.

She has never hidden the fact she has botox because as she has always said, no cream can get rid of sagging skin or wrinkles, all a cream can achieve is to improve the texture and look of skin and by the proper use of sunscreens and using products that dont irritate the skin and cause collagen and elastin to breakdown, you can delay the signs of ageing.

She has been doing cosmetic research for nearly 30 years and her own range was started in response to what she was finding around 15 years ago, and is based heavily on glycolic acids and aha's which have proven benefit.(and are made from natural sugars)

As for parabens, their is no research linking them to cancer, unless you read the daily mail, where everything causes cancer. Similar studies also showed that ginseng and licourice root can mimic oestregen and at a much greater rate than parabens ever can. But hasn't stopped people putting them in cosmetic products because they are natural so must be good.

she reviews a product based on its ingredients and whether they have proven benefits be they natural or chemical and unfotunatley most of the natural products do rely heavily on fragrant oils which are known skin irritants so yes they probably wont get a good review.

****** hell Keeley is really pushing the "vote elemis" on facebook..
Here's her post "Keeley Aydin- Elemis on QVC
Please help us we just have to win this year our Elemis nominations:
Best Moisturiser - Pro-Collagen Marine Cream
Best Eye Product - Pro-Intense Eye & Lip Contouring Cream
Best Facial Cleanser - Pro-Radiance Cream Cleanser
When prompted for your Favourite Product at the end, please all state Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine Cream!
Please get as many people as you can to vote xxxxx"

I haven't seen Fiona or the liz Earle fb page begging for votes! She must be desperate!!

That's just plain WRONG!

I hope no one votes for the products just because of this plea.

Strange - I have just looked at the nominees for best moisturiser and there are only three on there, Elemis PCMC is not there.

Keeley says,

"When prompted for your Favourite Product at the end, please all state Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine Cream!" so she wants it included in the free choice bit.
Well, that's how I'm reading it

Keeley says,

"When prompted for your Favourite Product at the end, please all state Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine Cream!" so she wants it included in the free choice bit.
Well, that's how I'm reading it
Yes, think you are right. I wonder why there are only 3 nominees for the moisturiser though. I thought PCMC was one of the big guns. I don't use it myself, or any Elemis products, but 3 nominees does not seem much for such an "important" award.

I don't know Itchy, but it would seem Keeley wants Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine Cream in the listings by hook or by crook!
Personally, I think it's 'crookery' (if there is such a word lol)
If people use it and love it, fair enough, but to plead for votes it is not right in my book.

Whatever, I put Bobbi Brown in Favourite Product category

One of the "followers" on Keeley's page started a post on the QVC FB page about a month or so ago which was very nasty towards Liz Earle personally and the brand and said something along the lines of "Let's make sure Elemis wins this year , would love Keeley to win , let's make sure Liz Earle wins nothing would love to see the smug grin wiped off her face for once". This just smacks of desperation and nastiness..

For me it's about the product and not the person , gawd knows why keeley is seen by her fans as a "supermom" ie running her salon , looking after her son , etc etc , Thousands of other women do it every day! It shouldn't be about Keeley , it should be about the products and do they work or not.

UPDATE
Keeley's just added the same post to her salon page plus has put this in the comments box "Keeley Aydin- Elemis on QVC lets trhink can we send the link to everyone we know pretty please xx"

Last edited:
So, there's a campaign!

Seems unprofessional that Keeley should not only publish the author of the post that said, " ....let's make sure Liz Earle wins nothing would love to see the smug grin wiped off her face for once" on her salon page, but also encourage its distribution.

I wish I'd never voted.

Sorry minim didn't explain clearly , Keeley's reposted the nominations link not the silly girl's petty link!! x

Ahhh, I see!

Thanks for putting me straight. I was getting quite worked up there for a moment :biggrin:

That's okay , was posting a pic of my 2 eldest children and posting my views at the same time. x

I see Keeley has replied to the poster of this thread on FB.. I hope the poster doesn't mind me reposting keeley's replies.. I have a sneaky suspicion that keeley may have been reading this thread (I remember her hissy fit about the forum last December) as these are points that have been raised on here.

"Keeley Aydin- Elemis on QVC i would love you not to have to go through the upset but to keep going with them you will find your skin will improve , but at the same time you would use twice a week Papaya and Herbal Lavender Mask xx"

"Keeley Aydin- Elemis on QVC sorry sounded quite harsh and bossy and you know your skin better than anyone else, im just addicted to the Bliss Capsules and have seen some great responses in skin and get slightly carried away with how i talk about them x"

"Keeley Aydin- Elemis on QVC Just to clarify as sometimes i type to brief/quick as i want to answer as many questions as possible , when i say that everyone needs Bliss Caps the reason i said this is they are a lifestyle based product so good for anyone who has either or high stress levels, poor diet, in artifical enironment central heating , air con,where the skin is holding toxins or toxins are been put into the skin or being produced in the skin and this often relates to a lot of people , obviously without looking at the skin first hand you cant be that specific but i have found that people turn to looking at using them when there skin is out of sorts and they really do help and have seen that it is a case of keep going as the skin does turn around with them, they are £59 but a great investment if you feel your skin needs them and i do always say look out for them when they are on a special price or collect the smaller travel pots untill you have a complete months supply.It is hard to really talk about these kind of products and many more on air as we now have very strict guidelines and cant even refer to ingredients any more and the job they do so great to get all your feedback and positive as well as negative comments always welcome. Witch Hazel used in skin care is excellent i just worry that used neatly can be drying on the skin but you all know your skin and what works for you so great to pass on the advice if its helped to other people i can only recomend from my own experience ."

I see Keeley has replied to the poster of this thread on FB.. I hope the poster doesn't mind me reposting keeley's replies.. I have a sneaky suspicion that keeley may have been reading this thread (I remember her hissy fit about the forum last December) as these are points that have been raised on here.

"Keeley Aydin- Elemis on QVC i would love you not to have to go through the upset but to keep going with them you will find your skin will improve , but at the same time you would use twice a week Papaya and Herbal Lavender Mask xx"

"Keeley Aydin- Elemis on QVC sorry sounded quite harsh and bossy and you know your skin better than anyone else, im just addicted to the Bliss Capsules and have seen some great responses in skin and get slightly carried away with how i talk about them x"

"Keeley Aydin- Elemis on QVC Just to clarify as sometimes i type to brief/quick as i want to answer as many questions as possible , when i say that everyone needs Bliss Caps the reason i said this is they are a lifestyle based product so good for anyone who has either or high stress levels, poor diet, in artifical enironment central heating , air con,where the skin is holding toxins or toxins are been put into the skin or being produced in the skin and this often relates to a lot of people , obviously without looking at the skin first hand you cant be that specific but i have found that people turn to looking at using them when there skin is out of sorts and they really do help and have seen that it is a case of keep going as the skin does turn around with them, they are £59 but a great investment if you feel your skin needs them and i do always say look out for them when they are on a special price or collect the smaller travel pots untill you have a complete months supply.It is hard to really talk about these kind of products and many more on air as we now have very strict guidelines and cant even refer to ingredients any more and the job they do so great to get all your feedback and positive as well as negative comments always welcome. Witch Hazel used in skin care is excellent i just worry that used neatly can be drying on the skin but you all know your skin and what works for you so great to pass on the advice if its helped to other people i can only recomend from my own experience ."

Yet it's ok to keep telling us that the new body range does not contain SLS & Parabens!!!

Yet it's ok to keep telling us that the new body range does not contain SLS & Parabens!!!

Ok someone IS feeding this thread info back to Keeley (I know it's not a forumite) as someone anonymous posted this to her "Thank you so much Keeley, my skin looks and feels great! Just looked at the posts we were talking about....don't pay any attention the them! They are not worth it. Just keep doing exactly what you are doing, you are helping so many people. It is great having access to your expert knowledge." but I can't see any posts stating that!!

Also Keeley posted this about SLS's , "Keeley Aydin- Elemis on QVC The Elemis Promise No SLS MORE INFO BELOW X"

"Keeley Aydin- Elemis on QVC Hello, had a few emails asking about the Elemis Promise regarding SLS . As a brand we have taken the step to avoid certain ingredients as we learn more we will continue to develop using alternatives . On the packaging you may be mislead into thinking that we are not been acurate with what we are claiming
Although an ingredient's name may sound similar to another, it does not mean that the molecules are similar with respect to shape, size, performance or even function. Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate sounds similar to Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, however, the two molecules are quite different from each other. Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate is a large molecule ingredient. Large molecule ingredients are considered to be mild, gentle, and non-irritating, as they cannot penetrate the skin. In contrast, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate is a small molecule ingredient, and is capable of penetrating the skin, which can increase the occurrence of skin irritation.
Hope this has helped x"

I don't understand why they can't talk about the ingredients on air? surely its important to let us know whats in the products before they are purchased?.
my daughter is extremely sensitive to aloe vera of all things and can't tolerate any product with it in.

I don't understand why they can't talk about the ingredients on air? surely its important to let us know whats in the products before they are purchased?.
my daughter is extremely sensitive to aloe vera of all things and can't tolerate any product with it in.

I wish they would let us know about ingredients as well as I have become sensitive to some things. If I am interested in something I google the ingredients so this would save a lot of time & effort & money for some people who buy only to find they can't use the products on account of the ingreddients.

Minim - yes, I was trying to find some logic in this, but you're it definitely isn't there.

DarJos - definitely seems as though someone is closely following this thread. It's getting really petty & I think Keeley needs to take a step back, this is not showing her in a professional light. As stated by another forumite, LE, Fiona etc are not resorting to desperate measures to win awards & this IS desperation speaking. I know who I won't be voting for

liz earle was attacking an aloe vera plant with a pen knife again last week, whats that if its not talking about ingredients?
how about Prai woman and her martian minerals? ingredients...?
Decleor and their plant oils... ingredients again?

will whoever is working as Keeley's mole please pass this on:
keeley love, stop talking crap, stop lying, stop taking advantage of peoples gullibility, stop coming off as being so embarrassingly desperate.

thanks

Latest posts

Back