Beauty event

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

My husband and I are going for a long walk up the Moor. I am not going to watch so i will not be tempted! (Well that's what i am hoping anyway.)

Tarte seems to be popular & it is range I have't dipped into.I don't go for a TSV with a foundation as they are usually to yellow for me & have just bought a YSL Touche Eclat one which is good.It is difficult not to be swept into the OTT hype & the 4 easy pays, I did the other day (don't mention a glass or 2 of wine!) & even before delivered have decided they have to go back (waste on P&P!!!-again).

Off subject--can anyone tell me if the Ultrasun Face 50+ Pigmentation formula is the same as the usual 50+Face? I have pigmentation (or shall I call AGE spots) which I don't want to get any worse.

Any good high spf will block your sun spots getting worse. Anti pigmentation usually means includes something to help fade them. But, no they don't unless using a AHA/glycol product which will help.

Never tried Tarte either but have read some smashing reviews!

So will I be tempted today??? :mysmilie_7:

Just paused the recording of Line of Duty to make a cuppa and heard JF say she can't believe each AD Skin Synergy in the £48 duo would cost over £70, so fab value as it is over £140 value. On the AD website, one costs £38........... Another alternative fact from Jill????? I think she meant the duo would cost £76.

You're being very unfair, Mazza!

JF may look like a man-eating corpse from The Walking Dead who's fallen face-first into a MAC counter, but she's a girly-girl who shouldn't be expected to remember silly things like prices! Her decomposing brain can only handle so much. :mysmilie_19:

Who is the Vita Liberata guest, and why was she allowed to go on air "dressed" like that? I've seen models covered up more in the Spanx and Vercella Vita shows. All it would take is one strong sneeze and she'd be spilling everywhere!

I like to think I'm fairly broadminded and liberal, but she looked like she'd been attacked by a pissed Richard Jackson with an out-of-control strimmer.

http://www.qvcuk.com/Vita-Liberata-Supersize-Body-Blur-200ml.product.231422.html?cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_--_-231422

Last edited:
Now having a think over the whole: telling lies about products, the price, how many in the set, interrupting the guests etc.

There is a producer in their ear piece talking to them. So why are they not saying: no that is wrong, correct that statement you cannot say that! Therefore the producer and back room staff are just if not more guilty!

I remember the documentary about QVC they did a few years back. It was AY beauty show and she said the producer is talking to me all the time telling me how many sold, push this info to the customers etc. Then we got the producer bit and he/she was saying they sold like £20,000+ worth of products in the one hour.

I'm really annoyed with myself - I'd got my remaining EZpays down to a respectable amount and mostly ending in May...updating my spreadsheet, I note that I have managed to add c. £150 to the final total and they now finish in July and all for items that I didn't need - why am I so damn weak, boo hoo!!!!!

Well didn't buy as really didn't need anything! Feeling Proud as Punch!

No Postman Prezzie
No Stash Drawer
No Dog Walker Prezzie
No Teachers Prezzie
No Milkman Prezzie
No Bank Manager Prezzie :mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15:

No Postman Prezzie
No Stash Drawer
No Dog Walker Prezzie
No Teachers Prezzie
No Milkman Prezzie

Wish I had your willpower, Glittergirl - I'm vowing now not to buy anything new from Q in May (I have some advanced orders which I can't bring myself to cancel) I'm putting it on this forum in the vain hope I can be shamed into sticking to it!

Wish I had your willpower, Glittergirl - I'm vowing now not to buy anything new from Q in May (I have some advanced orders which I can't bring myself to cancel) I'm putting it on this forum in the vain hope I can be shamed into sticking to it!

I used to buy a lot of Kits that I really didn't need! Would give most of the things inside away to friends and family!
Feel much better for it now, as you can only use and need so much stuff! Think it's an age thing..........................:mysmilie_851::mysmilie_851::mysmilie_851::mysmilie_851:

No Postman Prezzie
No Stash Drawer
No Dog Walker Prezzie
No Teachers Prezzie
No Milkman Prezzie

Well done, Glittergirl. I didn't buy anything either but mainly because I saw nothing at all of interest or of good enough value to tempt me when I first looked at the preview. Then the last couple of days I only skimmed this thread and didn't look too closely at what people were buying so I wouldn't be persuaded. I probably missed some amazing bargain (please, nobody tell me!) but I've got to keep remembing that ridiculous stash of mine.

Let's wear our matching halos with pride.

Aw, don't be too hard on yourself. You got a bit carried away but now you're getting yourself back in check. All is not lost and you're being open about it which is a good sign! I have been making a massive effort to cut down, especially on QVC, as I keep bleating on about, but I'm not always sticking to my own rules because sometimes it's just such a pleasure to find something you really like at a good price and get that buzz. As long as you're thinking it through at least most of the time, you'll get there. We'll help!! There are always one or two people here that can point out reasons not to buy as well as the ones spotting bargains so this forum is great for balance.

Well done, Glittergirl. I didn't buy anything either but mainly because I saw nothing at all of interest or of good enough value to tempt me when I first looked at the preview. Then the last couple of days I only skimmed this thread and didn't look too closely at what people were buying so I wouldn't be persuaded. I probably missed some amazing bargain (please, nobody tell me!) but I've got to keep remembing that ridiculous stash of mine.

Let's wear our matching halos with pride.

That's the thing, AndiK, there just weren't any real bargains so you didn't miss out on anything!

Molton Brown OTO and Tarte TSV aside, everything else I succumbed to was just weakness on my part, vs the inability to resist a bargain. The only thing I can be vaguely proud of is that I resisted the Tarte lippy sets which I definitely didn't need - have to be grateful for that I guess.

I weakened and went for the Margaret Dabbs foot hygeine cream. I did check other retailers though. With P&P QVC were only 50p cheaper, but they did offer easy pays that really were small enough for once to make them manageable.

Latest posts

Back