JR’s Blog

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

My dog is going to have a procedure of the foot up the backside variety if he doesn't get off my heated blanket :mysmilie_51:

Anne looked great, I wonder if she'll admit to having work done.

CC

I only caught her for a few seconds so can't be sure but AD has definitely changed her makeup. She always looked so dry and powdered. All of a sudden she looks more dewy. She used to used BareMinerals years ago. It used to make me look too dry so I'd have to mix it with moisturiser. Maybe she's just had a makeover.

Aha! I thought that too as she's looking a lot less tired and run down. She looks much better.

Just editing, I'm watching the fashion on Friday and I love Julia's hair straight, it takes years off her. She doesn't look too bad in that dress either.

CC

Very true! Although I find it hard to believe that her belly's gotten slimmer, like she said on her blog. :mysmilie_10:

I’m sure I’ve heard JR say in the past she’s been with her partner for 40 years, yet, as the kettle was boiling I turned the channel over and there she was again. There was a red dress on sale and she said the day she met Mr Julia Roberts, he was in a band and sang “Lady In Red” because she was wearing a red dress (surprise surprise) thing is though I’m sure that was out in 1986, because it was played at our wedding, that only makes it 33 years, oh well, back to me cuppa. :mysmilie_3:

You're right, they had their 41st anniversary in January just before the BIG announcement. I tried to find the clip with the red dress but the only one I could find was with bumbling Tayler & a model I hadn't seen before called Lizzie who did a fair amount of spinning & wide arm movements. I love that song & will now have it in my head all day :song:

You're right, they had their 41st anniversary in January just before the BIG announcement. I tried to find the clip with the red dress but the only one I could find was with bumbling Tayler & a model I hadn't seen before called Lizzie who did a fair amount of spinning & wide arm movements. I love that song & will now have it in my head all day :song:
You are spot on about the song The Lady in Red it was released in June 1986. Is this another porky pie from the Queen of Q.

Thanks T, I can’t believe she sat there as brazen as anything and spun a yarn like that, I almost feel sorry for her relationship if she has to make up scenarios like that, she should realise there’s nothing wrong in having a “normal” relationship, it doesn’t have to be all hearts and flowers when you’ve been together over 40 years. Love, respect and laughter is what you need, works for me and the husband. To lie like she did though is both embarrassing and shameful.

This is simply more evidence as to why QVC 'presenters' never move on. Working at a tv department store with all the staff perks, numerous freebies and 'try-outs' that a real life shop worker in a proper shop can only dream about. I bet few of them have items in their home that they've actually paid for. And I've often wondered about the pierced earrings that are tried on during shows, - hardly likely to go back in stock are they.

Yes, I think its a great idea having the viewers involved. I think they still have 'send outs' to viewers for trying products, - I've been a purchaser for 20 years and never been asked - but we should see them on air and asking 'real' questions.

Mon Dieu! Are you really actually telling me that these 'Z' class presenters are 'free-loaders', well one's gob is well and truly smacked!

She must feel so let down and disappointed they didn’t do the Julia’s beauty favourites wedding sending off show with all the guest presenters giving her gifts and flowers.
Has anyone heard her say she’s been lucky to go to The House of Elemis spa for her pre wedding facial and body treatments care of Keeley?

:mysmilie_512:

Why didn't she just get married in her 20's or 30's when she would have been able to wear a size 8 wedding dress, have unlined, unwrinkled skin and not have to go through all this "I'm getting married at last" palavar. Her mum would have been 30 years younger as well and been able to attend no doubt. It's only a huge big deal because she's in her 60's and is only now getting her chance to be the "young bride" she maybe wanted to be.

CC

Why didn't she just get married in her 20's or 30's when she would have been able to wear a size 8 wedding dress, have unlined, unwrinkled skin and not have to go through all this "I'm getting married at last" palavar. Her mum would have been 30 years younger as well and been able to attend no doubt. It's only a huge big deal because she's in her 60's and is only now getting her chance to be the "young bride" she maybe wanted to be.

CC

I think that too. It looks like he didn’t want to get married otherwise she wouldn’t have made such a big deal of this wedding.

I find it quite sad but am really surprised that she didn’t care that her 93 year old mum wouldn’t be able to join her as the wedding’s abroad. I find this very selfish.

Do we know how many people are joining them?

She must feel so let down and disappointed they didn’t do the Julia’s beauty favourites wedding sending off show with all the guest presenters giving her gifts and flowers.
Has anyone heard her say she’s been lucky to go to The House of Elemis spa for her pre wedding facial and body treatments care of Keeley?

:mysmilie_512:
They could have done a guard of honour holding up a selection of gardening tools, Bodyblades & those umbrellas that promise so much but turn out to be as useless as all the others they've sold. Her walk would have been lit by solar lamps & underfoot there would have been a carpet of returned invoices, shredded of course, to comply with data protection. She would be wearing a purple polyester dress (small) & carrying a bouquet of Peony flowers to allow us to imagine what she'd look like ON THE DAY & when she practised throwing it over her shoulder Ms Chuntley the Elder would be whispering "Throw it to me, please throw it to me I'm next".

CC

I seem to remember her saying that they never felt the need to get married which makes me think this is to make all those inevitables that happen easier to handle. I would imagine having an illness that may turn quickly from chronic to acute has concentrated their minds, however, a ceremony in the UK that involved both mums could have been special & would have been kind.

Are we to suffer on her return, “Hello I’m Julia Rob ..... oops Julia New Name” whatever that is. :yawn::yawn::yawn:

I think she’ll keep the Roberts (it’ll come up on Google when searching for the Hollywood star) or go double barrelled. I can’t see the “Julia Roberts” going, it’s the closest she’ll ever get to a Hollywood A lister.

I seem to remember her saying that they never felt the need to get married which makes me think this is to make all those inevitables that happen easier to handle. I would imagine having an illness that may turn quickly from chronic to acute has concentrated their minds, however, a ceremony in the UK that involved both mums could have been special & would have been kind.

I had the same thought about illness.

While it seems sad Julia's mother can't attend, do we know if her mum could have attended, or appreciated a wedding closer to home? Julia may have perfectly valid reasons for her decision, and we cannot be privy to all the facts and context.

At the end of the day, a wedding day really should be all about the bride and groom, not anyone else, in my opinion... I know it is then the perfect excuse for a complete egotistical to make it all about themselves! :mysmilie_11:

Didn't QVC flirt with wedding lists for a while, or am I imagining it? I am sure, with or without that, freebies and staff discounts will have helped keep the costs down, which anyone would be glad of.

After one disaster marriage I have never felt the need to re-marry even after all this time with Mr CC. However, saying that, as I don't keep too well and we have no children (and I have read horror stories of what can happen if one person dies and you're not married) I may well decide it would be for the best regarding our financial and domestic affairs. It would be a quick in and out of the registry office though with two folk off the street for witnesses and absolutely not a whisper to our families. Now THAT would cause the row of all rows :mysmilie_11:

I hope Julia has a fabulous happy wedding day whatever the reasons. Maybe love??

CC

I should imagine its more to do with taxes and suchlike if one of them dies. A friend of mine, like Julia, had been with her chap around 40 years, but married last December, nothing to do with romance and the like, but everything to do with pensions if one of them falls off the perch.

Latest posts

Back