I thought I only disliked Ophelia as a presenter......

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Have you heard the expression, 'She chews iron and spits rust'? That's AY in a nutshell imo. I don't quite agree that the personality of your sales assistant is irrelevant. For those who are earning commission on your purchase, I think it matters a lot how you are treated. However, if you really, really want to buy something, you can ignore the sales assistant , but try to go elsewhere to buy next time.
I should have written 'chews nails and spits rust', not chews iron.

From the days of having Q on most of the day, and and my spending habit through the roof, I rarely watch now, particularly with the 'new' range of shrieky presenters and weird models.
The hey day of Q for me was when there was an unbelievable amount of varied products and brands, but then the price of gold shot up, silver was replaced by stainless steel, Dawn Bibby left, the amount of fashion brands diminished, and Butler & Wilson dumbed down to selling pig rings. Of course online shopping became a "thing" and my love affair with Q was dead and buried.

I was one of those people who was prepared to give Ophelia a chance, at one stage I thought she was improving slowly. After tuning in today and seeing her on a Kim and co hour for about 10 minutes, that's it - you've had your chances, it's time you went! " I c'tent decide wot colour to wear cos they're both incredibull," " I went for this one and I'm luvvin' it!!!" She actually finished a sentence with the word "innit". As much as I love Jenny and seeing Kim's offerings I had to turn over!

I too tried to watch QVC today. Switched on, dreadful woman, she actually said Kip lin!! (Kipling) . Switched over. Absolutely dreadful. I feel sorry for the brand ambassador who has to work alongside her, wonder if they dread it as much as alot of us viewers seem to?

I really don't want to dislike her selling skills but she is really not up to the job sadly. Nice girl but not for selling. Maybe a compere shes pretty enough but not selly telly.
I don't know what the hell they were thinking in giving her the job in the first place. I can only think that they looked at her screen test and thought she'd inject a bit of "yoof" into what is seen as a "conservative" (I don't mean Tory btw) shopping environment and could possibly steal some some of the Tik Tok generation away from the likes of Boo Hoo/Missguided etc. Not gonna happen in a million years I'm afraid - It's a bad fit, I mean they wouldn't give a presenter's gig on Love Island to somebody like Helene Berman or Frank Usher's lovely June. Could you imagine?!!! Q viewers can barely cope with Ruth Langford's sexagenarian biker/rock chick look let alone Ophelia's Sarf London street vibes comin' at cha! There's absolutely nothing wrong with a regional accent, but there's a lot wrong with giving work to someone who has no presenting skills whatsoever. She is still parroting everything her co-presenters say, breaking simple words down into syllables seemingly to buy herself more time to think of something coherent or useful to say, and usually doesn't. The only words she says off her own bat is "I'm Luvvin' this" every thing else is scripted - price, item number, stock levels. She looks great but sadly good looks do not make a good presenter!

I don't know what the hell they were thinking in giving her the job in the first place. I can only think that they looked at her screen test and thought she'd inject a bit of "yoof" into what is seen as a "conservative" (I don't mean Tory btw) shopping environment and could possibly steal some some of the Tik Tok generation away from the likes of Boo Hoo/Missguided etc. Not gonna happen in a million years I'm afraid - It's a bad fit, I mean they wouldn't give a presenter's gig on Love Island to somebody like Helene Berman or Frank Usher's lovely June. Could you imagine?!!! Q viewers can barely cope with Ruth Langford's sexagenarian biker/rock chick look let alone Ophelia's Sarf London street vibes comin' at cha! There's absolutely nothing wrong with a regional accent, but there's a lot wrong with giving work to someone who has no presenting skills whatsoever. She is still parroting everything her co-presenters say, breaking simple words down into syllables seemingly to buy herself more time to think of something coherent or useful to say, and usually doesn't. The only words she says off her own bat is "I'm Luvvin' this" every thing else is scripted - price, item number, stock levels. She looks great but sadly good looks do not make a good presenter!
We all know why she's there and its nothing to do with having any presenting skills, of which she clearly has none!!

Ophelia has to be the worst presenter QVC has ever had. And that takes some beating.But it looks like the powers to be what her to stay such a shame!
She's not a very good presenter, it's true, but QVC could easily replace her. There must be many competent Black women presenters who could fill her shoes.

I was one of those people who was prepared to give Ophelia a chance, at one stage I thought she was improving slowly. After tuning in today and seeing her on a Kim and co hour for about 10 minutes, that's it - you've had your chances, it's time you went! " I c'tent decide wot colour to wear cos they're both incredibull," " I went for this one and I'm luvvin' it!!!" She actually finished a sentence with the word "innit". As much as I love Jenny and seeing Kim's offerings I had to turn over!
She referred to a top with balloon sleeves a couple of weeks ago as "bayloon" sleeves. No I think she's had a fair run at it and should be better by now, I can't watch her and I can't watch Victoria Fitz-Gerald either, I feel like I'm listening to the Princess of Wales!

QVC are obviously targeting the very young audience, 20’s/early 30’s, and more diverse. I’m not convinced that women in those categories are interested in shopping telly nowadays.

I’d prefer them to focus on the older more traditional customers, taking more care to select the right fashion lines, mix of brands and improving their customer service.

Latest posts

Back