Alison Young

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

What makes a person attractive is entirely subjective. Alison has more confidence and more energy, both of which are generally attractive qualities. And for Ali, a monochrome outfit is a good choice compared to some of her adventurous patterned clothes!
I would hope, if she is using a semaglutide medication, she is doing so on medical advice and under doctor supervision ( given she has various health concerns).
Any risk of additional health conditions which are reduced by weight management could be why AY has lost weight, but as she has an active lifestyle when not at Q, maybe it is just diet and correct supplements that are doing the trick?

Yes, she has various health conditions. Yes, she should be seeing a doctor. However, I think the temptation for many women if they have the money is to get the prescription from an online doctor.

I mentioned my friend's weight loss to another friend I know (who doesn't know my weight-loss friend) before Christmas. She's never been "fat" or even overweight but had developed the shift of weight at menopause that she hated. I texted her this morning as it's her birthday. She's just "treated" herself to an online consult and bought the jab! She's not short of a bob or two but used her Christmas and birthday money as her husband is not happy. She's promised him she won't go under pre-meno weight but I think most of us here know it's not so much the weight but where it goes. I've always been hips and bum with muscles in my legs from horse-riding. I hated my bigger thighs but now they're looking almost skinny and I miss my chunky monkeys!

The temptation to do this when you're in the public eye must be enormous. I've put weight on this year as I've been ill on top of my disability so I can't exercise it off. I doubt I'd have this jab if offered, though. There's something niggling the back of my mind that says no. If, like my first friend, you have many stones to shed it might be a good thing to kickstart loss. If you only have pounds to a few stone I'd be more concerned with potential side-effects. I've lost two friends to pancreatic cancer. They'd had pancreatitis previously which is one of the side-effects.

Also, menopausal women using it rings alarm bells. In my NHS days we had a saying "fat, fair and forty" to describe the majority of gallbladder patients. There's a link there with our hormones, natural drops and HRT rises, as there is with our weight. My friends were menopausal having pancreatitis so the whole thing makes me wonder.

It's a wonderful drug for those in need but I have reservations for those who don't. My friend just starting it made the point that she wanted to stop weight gain in its tracks, pointing out many of our friends who have put a lot of weight on recent years. So, I suppose, there is that. If you stop it before it goes on, especially if you have form for yo-yo dieting, it may be healthier. Just my rambling thoughts, though. Who knows?

So this morning on BBC I caught Doctor Zanz and he was answering questions. A woman was asking about the supplements which help you lose weight. He just said, they do not work. There are many new prescriptions tablets which your doctor will prescribe if you are very overweight.

So a real medical doctor is saying the gold whatever supplement which AY said helped her lose weight is rubbish.

She definitely looks a lot better now that she's stopped wearing clothes that were 3 sizes too big and that seemed to be made out of a pair of my grandmothers curtains from the 1970's.
Or cast offs from Billy Smart's Circus 🎪 Who remembers that hideous dress she wore that was a cross between a dress and a Punch and Judy sideshow?

CC

She must have a hundred wardrobes to hold all the tat. Rarely does she wear anything smart or classy. Shame really as she is pretty ...
Her idea of 'style' is...... different, and IMO, not in a good way. I think she strives to look 'edgy' but she ends up looking frumpy. No doubt about it, however, she looks so much more healthy with her weight loss.

Someone at Q Towers must be responsible for checking what they look like before they go on air, but they seem to miss so much, with frumpy or too tight clothes, embarrassingly plunging necklines, messy, badly cut hair all over the place, strange colour mixes, and men in too tight trousers and sleeves. Would they be seen in a posh coffee shop like that? Or is it all part of the attitude of we can do and wear what we want, not what our viewers want because we know we're above them? It seems to be the latter. But who's giving them the okay to appear like that?

I doubt complaining will help.

There seems to have been some kind of revolution going on behind the scenes where companies have found themselves employing a load of woke youngsters (the Bud Light advertising execs fiasco springs to mind). They bring them in for social media but they seem to spread. Once they've all been Stonewalled and drunk the Kool Aid, that's it.

It's not just Q either, sadly.
Give it 5-10 years before the consequences of puberty blockers, gender affirming surgery and medication kick in .
Then the celebrities, misogynists, drug companies and every other odd ball that have attached themselves to the latest cult will find something else to fight for.
Oh and let’s not forget the munchhausen parents for whom this is a perfect way to hide their illness.

Someone at Q Towers must be responsible for checking what they look like before they go on air, but they seem to miss so much, with frumpy or too tight clothes, embarrassingly plunging necklines, messy, badly cut hair all over the place, strange colour mixes, and men in too tight trousers and sleeves. Would they be seen in a posh coffee shop like that? Or is it all part of the attitude of we can do and wear what we want, not what our viewers want because we know we're above them? It seems to be the latter. But who's giving them the okay to appear like that?
So much for the team of stylists (I use that term loosely!) they employ. I wonder what they look like? I shudder to think.

So this morning on BBC I caught Doctor Zanz and he was answering questions. A woman was asking about the supplements which help you lose weight. He just said, they do not work. There are many new prescriptions tablets which your doctor will prescribe if you are very overweight.

So a real medical doctor is saying the gold whatever supplement which AY said helped her lose weight is rubbish.
I agree that supplements don't guarantee weight loss but know that I've lost weight taking Berberine due to it helping to control my sugar cravings.

Top 10 Potential Benefits of Berberine:

Blood Sugar Control:
Berberine has been shown to improve insulin sensitivity and help regulate blood sugar levels, making it a valuable tool for managing diabetes and preventing insulin resistance.

Heart Health: Berberine may help lower LDL cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of heart disease by improving lipid profiles and promoting cardiovascular health.

Weight Management: Research suggests that berberine can aid in weight loss by affecting fat storage and metabolism, making it a helpful addition to your weight management routine.

Antioxidant Properties: Berberine is a potent antioxidant, helping to combat oxidative stress and protect your cells from damage caused by free radicals.

Digestive Health: Berberine has antimicrobial properties that can help combat harmful bacteria in the gut, promoting a healthy digestive system and relieving gastrointestinal issues.

Anti-Inflammatory: Berberine exhibits anti-inflammatory properties, potentially reducing inflammation throughout the body and providing relief from inflammatory conditions.

Antimicrobial Effects: It has been used traditionally to fight infections, and recent research shows that berberine can help combat various bacteria, viruses, and fungal infections.

Neuroprotection: Some studies suggest that berberine may support brain health by reducing the risk of neurodegenerative diseases and improving cognitive function.

Liver Support: Berberine may help protect the liver by reducing liver fat accumulation and supporting detoxification processes.

Big C Prevention: Preliminary research indicates that berberine may inhibit the growth of certain cells and suppress the formation of tumors.

So much for the team of stylists (I use that term loosely!) they employ. I wonder what they look like? I shudder to think.
I think they are young people, perhaps wanting to get into tv or fashion, who are not paid very well. That's no excuse, though. So many of the combinations they put together are simply wrong. And I think everyone who watches the fashion hours are fed up with the long hair hiding the neck and the back of garments and jackets and trousers too tight.

Talking about posh coffee shops or high end restaurants, what owner would want the screeching laughter of some of the BA's at their tables? It would lower the tone, I think, and nobody would want to sit near them. As you say, though, it might be the attitude of QVC. (Some of the presenters and guests act professionally however.)

Latest posts

Back