QVC on Christmas Day

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Its strange but even having to go one whole day with nobody live, no qvc no ideal, nowhere, there is nobody, makes us alone feel more alone. Wish they would continue Christmas day. The 24 hours without live is unbearable for me.

Well anybody who lives near me is welcome for a turkey butty and a chinwag. I spent a number of years alone after my first hubby died and even though I always worked Christmas Day I still came home to an empty house, same with New year. But we`re never truly alone if one single person is actually thinking about us on Christmas Day so you guys won`t be alone cos I for one, intend to think about each and every one of you on Christmas day and count my blessings that the internet brought you into my life.

ok tristar - see you at vienna's ;) i'll bring the wine, you can bring something from your qvc gift recommendation stash.

I be there in spirit, certainly!!. QVC is very guilty of assuming everyone has big social lifes and friends and families. It seems to me, qvc is embarassed by those of us who rely on the channel for other reasons than shopping.

nice to have an invite all the same, I know after the lads have gone, and Im feeling real low, I know this forum and its members are 'here'. Im quite glad I found this place and decided to post.

I'm often on my own Christmas Day, I actually enjoy it. Usually have a natter on the forum if anyone's about.

Wouldn't bother to watch QVC, I'm not usually around but don't they start a sale on Boxing Day?

All round to Vienna for Christmas, what a true sweetie you are Vienna .

Tristar i'm sure people will pop on here during the day and boxing day we'll all be back to moaning about how lousy their sale prices are.

I always look forward to getting back to qvc boxing day, the shows in between Christmas and new year are always good, especially the ones with Julian, he tries to make the Christmas shows special. Out of all presenters, the one who I think appreciates and cares for the viewers who are on their own is Julian.

Also last year even on Julias shows she had everyone text in their Christmas cracker jokes and she was reading them out on screen, was really nice atmosphere.

Tristar can i suggest you become a VIP member, then you can have access to the drop where its more general chit chat. We discuss anything and everything. A real sense of community.

Please stop it, I'm sitting on a crowded train all choked up with tears in my eyes reading you lot - any more and they'll bear rolling down my cheeks and I will be very embarrassed.
You are a lovely lot x

Its strange but even having to go one whole day with nobody live, no qvc no ideal, nowhere, there is nobody, makes us alone feel more alone. Wish they would continue Christmas day. The 24 hours without live is unbearable for me.

Have you tried listening to your local radio station? They usually do phone-ins and stuff on Christmas day and you get the local feel as well. Also, LBC (a London radio station which you can listen to online) is really great as it has talk shows and phone-ins 24 hours a day and they discuss some really crunchy stuff.

I be there in spirit, certainly!!. QVC is very guilty of assuming everyone has big social lifes and friends and families. It seems to me, qvc is embarassed by those of us who rely on the channel for other reasons than shopping.

Please don't take this the wrong way but QVC is just like any other retail outlet - they are there to sell and not to provide any kind of social service. There is nothing personal in their decision not to broadcast live on Christmas day, it's not that they don't care... it's just that there isn't enough profit in it.

If you fancy having a chat then MSE is very good for chatter... especially on the Families board:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/index.php

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24

Also, give LBC a try... there's something different everyday but the DJs are the same.

Take care

Well i usually work Christmas Day, but this year i'm of Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and working on
Boxing day from 3 to 9, so that'll be a change, then im there the rest of the week :( But at least i can
have a drink and relax on Christmas Eve and during the day, Yippee. We usually have a room set up.
if its not busy, with food and sweeties etc in it, and we can nibble in between work all day. But i'll be
about here, to check up on everyone. We're all family in a way, the real QVC family xx

barbs - that's one thing about working in a hospital - mountains of choklits at xmas!

Latest posts

Back