QVC on Christmas Day

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

it's not a case of being strong - it's a case of having no choice.

I was going to say this but didn't want to sound even more miserable than I must have appeared already (not saying your miserable, she adds hastily)... :blush:.

A lot of the time life is a bit of a lottery and when horrid stuff comes along or life isn't what we'd have chosen... well, it's just a case of dealing with it as there isn't really any alternative. It's not being strong, it's just there's nothing else you can do.

Personally, I don't really want to be around people too much this time around as I want to just kind of process my memories - friends / family will only try to cheer me up and that would be a bit 'artificial'.

Anyway, this year, the cats have got a date with some 'kitty crack' (our name for Dreamies as they seem to be addicted to them) and me and Mr Tiddly have a date with a giant Toblerone and a box of luxury choccies - that should keep us all happy... what can possibly top that :cheeky:.

In glad to see the back of 2012 to be honest. My Nan has been in and out of hospital with falls/heart trouble and the like, my pitiful excuse of a mother has continued to treat me as something she stepped in, only encourage by her new husband who is only 6 years older than me and for some reason can't stand me, and makes this fact known. I've been bullied by a very nasty woman for most of the year, making my mental health problems ten times worse and increasing my self harming tendencies. (My right arm is currently in ribbons) and I have been in and out of hospital myself for suspected clots on the lung. Thankfully turning out to be false alarms. Oh and to top off a fabulous year, some teenager last week decided to message us to let us know that my husband may be her Dad. So now we have legal costs and a pain in the backside ex one night stand to deal with.

So as far as I'm concerned, 2012 can piss off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tristar, you have mentioned your mother in another thread. So why would you be alone, wanting to watch strangers sell you stuff you don't need? Plenty have no family at all.

The presenters deserve the day off like everyone else. They are not the Sally Army there to support the lost and lonely.

Tristar, you have mentioned your mother in another thread. So why would you be alone, wanting to watch strangers sell you stuff you don't need? Plenty have no family at all.

The presenters deserve the day off like everyone else. They are not the Sally Army there to support the lost and lonely.

Whether you have family, friends etc or not makes no difference. You can be in a room full of people and still be alone...

Whether you have family, friends etc or not makes no difference. You can be in a room full of people and still be alone...

That's sad but true... loneliness can be a state of mind... my mind drifts off to sad times quite a lot at the moment as I sort of re-live all the events of this time last year... even if I'm with loads of happy, smiling people something can happen to just take me back.

Are you OK now Sparkles? I read what a horrid time you're having - chin up, eh? You should still be feeling the glow from your wedding not having to deal with all that hassle.

I'm so-so at the moment to be honest. Been struggling with numerous mental health issues since my teens.
My self harm is triggering at the moment and its just tricky hiding it from the children.

I hope you're ok xx

LOOOL proberbly not knowin me as to me and mum its like just a normal day

SCW - hope you don't mind be asking but why don't you *do* Christmas - not that I'm saying everyone should - it's just that most people use it as an excuse to eat, drink, spend loads etc even if they don't believe in the origins.

It must be annoying if it's not your 'thing', having everyone wittering on about it all the time (me included).

SCW - hope you don't mind be asking but why don't you *do* Christmas - not that I'm saying everyone should - it's just that most people use it as an excuse to eat, drink, spend loads etc even if they don't believe in the origins.

It must be annoying if it's not your 'thing', having everyone wittering on about it all the time (me included).

as its just me and my mum now as my profoundly deaf big bro aint around here no more (lives in wales) and my grandma is too far to get to as no way of traveling (even in same city) we just dont really fuss over it and just do our usual things but eat dinner together and chat more but not much else really

I'm so-so at the moment to be honest. Been struggling with numerous mental health issues since my teens.
My self harm is triggering at the moment and its just tricky hiding it from the children.

What would make it better for you? What helps? You can send me a message or have a chat in the drop if you need to talk - I'm feeling chirpier that I must be sounding on here. I'm off today 'cos the old arthritic hip (I'm not that old either) is playing up after being stuck in the cold for over two hours waiting for a train last night and then having to stand all the way home.

Still - my way of coping is to eat chocolate and drink coffee... in my jammies :blush: and wait for the pain killers to work.

Please don't let your mum and stepdad get you down - your mum should know better than that! As to the teenager turning up? Gawd, that must have been a shock. It might not be a total disaster though... she might turn out to be a lovely new member of your family.

Tiddly

I am in my pj's as we speak lol.

As to what would make it better. To be honest, there's only one thing, and as my children need me that isn't an option.

Very glad you're feeling ok :)

Very true. But Tristar is going about QVC being live on Christmas to stop people feeling alone. I doubt watching QVC and having the presenters live on Christmas Day, will make any difference to someone feeling alone.

same goes for me sparkles - always here for you but i'm not like you and tiddly, i'm an old crone.

you missed one thing out of your list - your wedding. hope you can focus on that and the babies but i do know you can't just put the rest out of your mind. i hope you can get some support for the bully, police if necessary. i had a stalker and the police were wonderful. as for your mum, words fail me. that is very sad but hopefully inspires you even more to be the best mum you can to your babies.

same goes for me sparkles - always here for you but i'm not like you and tiddly, i'm an old crone.

:grin: :grin: :grin: Oh, no... I've got a confession to make... i'm over the brow of the hill myself... so I'm heading to the 'old crone' years now - i've already got the scraggy old cats... and the creaky joints... and I like to dunk the odd digestive biscuit in a nice cup of tea.

i think I qualify :grin: :grin: :grin:

Another old crone here ...
Got the black cat for my broomstick and a black labrador too and it means you gotta be very careful where you walk in the dark in our house. We can choose our friends, pets and partners but we can`t choose our families. Sadly we`re stuck with them and they`re stuck with us for better or for worse !

you missed one thing out of your list - your wedding. hope you can focus on that and the babies but i do know you can't just put the rest out of your mind. i hope you can get some support for the bully, police if necessary. i had a stalker and the police were wonderful. as for your mum, words fail me. that is very sad but hopefully inspires you even more to be the best mum you can to your babies.

It really does motivate me. I could never have dreamed of handing my children to my parent when they were 6 weeks old but apparently it didn't bother her...my worst fear is my children thinking they are unlovable like I always (and still do) believe.

Latest posts

Back