alan and barry rumours

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Relax guys...They are just guest presenters for the xmas cracker shows only!!
and not returning to Ideal World....

I know this through an email they sent me from their Alan & Barry craft site

Hope this helps to squash the rumours...

Luv Mirabelle xx

yup and what an e-mail - you are not allowed to criticise their performance on their forum LOL

They ARE back, at least as others have said, we will get a variety of items. I found this in my e-mail inbox :-

Hello Chucks!!!!

IDEAL WORLD & ALAN AND BARRY'S CRAFTS

For those of you that watched Ideal World last night at 6pm you will now know that we have returned as guest presenters to present a Christmas Cracker which airs at 10pm and Midnight each Saturday. Because confusion can occur this announcement is just to make things clear for you so there can be no misunderstanding.

Ideal World operates completely separately from Alan & Barry's Crafts. The work that we are doing for Ideal World is on an individual freelance basis and essentially has nothing to do with the operation of Alan & Barry's Crafts. Therefore, if you have future customer service queries for items sold by Ideal World - even if we presented that show, your query must be to Ideal World Customer Services and not to Alan & Barry's Crafts. Similarly, if you have purchased an item from Alan & Barry's Crafts, you must contact our customer services and not Ideal World's customer service department.

With regard to posts placed on the Alan & Barrys Crafts forum, we would ask that you are mindful that we would like this collaboration with Ideal World to work as we see it as beneficial to both companies, so again, if you have any problems with anything on our site, the forum is not the place to air it and if you have any problems with anything to do with Ideal World, our forum is also not the place to air it. I hope that this makes everything clear and that you continue to support us in whatever venture we undertake.

Kind regards

Alan & Barry

With regard to posts placed on the Alan & Barrys Crafts forum, we would ask that you are mindful that we would like this collaboration with Ideal World to work as we see it as beneficial to both companies, so again, if you have any problems with anything on our site, the forum is not the place to air it and if you have any problems with anything to do with Ideal World, our forum is also not the place to air it. I hope that this makes everything clear and that you continue to support us in whatever venture we undertake.

very pre-emptive :D

Alan and Barry's Forum Give me Strength

I can not believe the members on Alan and Barry's Website complaining about comments made here on ShoppingTelly.com & CraftTelly.com, some of the members saying that I should ban anyone for a week or close topics that discuss Alan and Barry's return to Ideal World.

The administrator Dawn is even emailing people to tell them the name of the forums.

http://alanandbarryscrafts.com/forum2/index.php?topic=62115.0

Well, this is an independent forum for the good and bad of shopping telly, I will not be banning anyone for having an opinion.

I will watch tonight at Ten, I personally expect it to be Car Crash television if yesterday is anything to go by. OK Craft shows but to be hosting the Saturday 10 - Midnight slot is madness.

Oh dear, we appear to have upset them :grin: But what a cheek to slate this Forum or the other one. It is a free country, so I/we can say what we want. If they don't want to read folk slagging A & B, don't read the the Forums that have obviously upset you !

Dear goodness...............they seem to have missed the numerous positive threads we have on this forums. They obviously have nothing better to do if they have to discuss other forums!

Interesting to see that it's one of IW's relatively new demonstrators who started that A@B forum thread - really objective comment. I would have thought she would be better keeping out of it.

Whoever reads the negative comments seem to forget the psitive comments why? can't their brains get past the negatives. Anyway I see they are still the same old boys.

:flower:

They ARE back, at least as others have said, we will get a variety of items. I found this in my e-mail inbox :-

Hello Chucks!!!!

IDEAL WORLD & ALAN AND BARRY'S CRAFTS

For those of you that watched Ideal World last night at 6pm you will now know that we have returned as guest presenters to present a Christmas Cracker which airs at 10pm and Midnight each Saturday. Because confusion can occur this announcement is just to make things clear for you so there can be no misunderstanding.

Ideal World operates completely separately from Alan & Barry's Crafts. The work that we are doing for Ideal World is on an individual freelance basis and essentially has nothing to do with the operation of Alan & Barry's Crafts. Therefore, if you have future customer service queries for items sold by Ideal World - even if we presented that show, your query must be to Ideal World Customer Services and not to Alan & Barry's Crafts. Similarly, if you have purchased an item from Alan & Barry's Crafts, you must contact our customer services and not Ideal World's customer service department.

Kind regards

Alan & Barry

Ideal World have given Alan and Barry a fantastic opportunity and this email is ridiculous, it's as if they are not 100% behind Ideal World.

Personally I think that Ideal World is improving at the moment day by day, and I do truly believe that the company will continue to improve, they may have a way to go, but as as fan of Ideal World I just get very angry that Alan and Barry can't be 100% behind the company that is giving them this chance.

*stands down from soap box*

Ideal World have given Alan and Barry a fantastic opportunity and this email is ridiculous, it's as if they are not 100% behind Ideal World.

Personally I think that Ideal World is improving at the moment day by day, and I do truly believe that the company will continue to improve, they may have a way to go, but as as fan of Ideal World I just get very angry that Alan and Barry can't be 100% behind the company that is giving them this chance.

*stands down from soap box*

Thats because they have been so bitter about their previous relationship with IW/C&C and now they have to back track, I've seen them at craft fairs and when people have asked about why they left C&C you should see the glares and bitterness they throw off. So I'm guessing that their fans on their forum have been party to this, and now see a turnaround which will get some getting used to.

Personally I dont mind watching them on C&C they are much more agreeable than SW, howver, they are a right pair of miserable beggers off screen when they switch off the charm. :movie:

as as fan of Ideal World I just get very angry that Alan and Barry can't be 100% behind the company that is giving them this chance.
How on earth can you make that statement based upon the e-mail you quoted? All the e-mail is seeking to do is to stop any possible confusion as to the two seperate business entities. Neither company will want to be fielding customer service questions that belong to someone else - this is a practical step, not indicative of less then 100% committment. Alan and Barry would not have returned there if they were not willing to give this second chance their all. Don't seek to interpret things by giving them a slant that maintains previous grudges, be open minded and pleased that Ideal World are turning the corner and getting their mojo back :D

How on earth can you make that statement based upon the e-mail you quoted? All the e-mail is seeking to do is to stop any possible confusion as to the two seperate business entities. Neither company will want to be fielding customer service questions that belong to someone else - this is a practical step, not indicative of less then 100% committment. Alan and Barry would not have returned there if they were not willing to give this second chance their all. Don't seek to interpret things by giving them a slant that maintains previous grudges, be open minded and pleased that Ideal World are turning the corner and getting their mojo back :D

Because it's my opinion, AND the reason I made it is because I do believe that Ideal World are getting better day by day, I just think having Alan & Barry presenting Christmas stuff is a mistake.

As for the email I just don't think that it should have been sent, IMO it sent out the wrong message.

I dont do craft so that side never bothers me but I did watch a little of their show the other night and I enjoyed it as it made such a change from the high pitch voices that get on your nerve
lizz

Love them or hate them, when they were doing craft on IW, there was a lot of variety in what they showed, sold and did, unlike SW etc. They also made crafting interesting. They were far superior to SW, DB etc. And more genuine in my book. The other lot are boring compared to A & B.

Love them or hate them, when they were doing craft on IW, there was a lot of variety in what they showed, sold and did, unlike SW etc. They also made crafting interesting. They were far superior to SW, DB etc. And more genuine in my book. The other lot are boring compared to A & B.

Give me Stephanie,Nancy and Michele any time
at least they make me laugh unlike A&B who make me cringe

Latest posts

Back