Bored Of Qvc

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I am in exactly the same situation as you, Weathergirl. YC shows are recorded so I can skip through any presented by JF, SG etc.. I might do the same for L'Occitane out of interest but otherwise it is TSV alert for me and perhaps if I see a good offer on something I am running out of. I too am working through the stock of shower gels and body lotions so did not get recent L'Occitane TSVs. I have YC on AD and am allowing myself one extra set only this year but I may be cancelling the Xmas delivery anyway as I do not fancy the scents they are in. I do have a lot of skin care but you can't be good all the time! I have not bought as much though. I have started to buy the odd thing in my local L'Occitane as I need it rather than buying the TSVs.

I decided to browse through my last 12months orders from Q. It totals 1 ninja, 1 ABC tsv, a set of YC melts and a duo of AD Synergy face oils. At one time I would have spent that in a month let alone a year. Nowadays I only buy what isn`t cheaper elsewhere and only when I need it.

Bored Of Qvc

I am now bored of the shows/presenters I once looked forward to, because I have seen it all so many times before . I can't remember the last time I watched a full hour. I have just had a look at Sunday on qvc...7am to 12pm Richard Jackson's Garden. :mysmilie_10: say no more....

I've mentioned elsewhere on the Biba thread, I have been trying to figure out why I don't like QVC as much as I did. In the past I remember settling down to watch Dawn Bibby, and I was always interested in the jewellery hours. Now Dawn has gone and the jewellery is very expensive. I can't put my finger on why I have lost so much interest, but it does seem to be more hard-hitting than it was, a feeling which I'm not keen on.

I can't put my finger on it either. I also like to visit the L'occitane stores instead- particularly for the perfumes when they have special offers on the lovely gift boxes, or in their sales. Kipling I have stopped buying as the few that I have serve me well, a gentle grey Reth for the summer and one of my Defeas for the rest of the time. I even dug out my first kipling bag and have started using it again. In fact only 2 of my kiplings came from Q, the rest from Amazon or other cheaper online retailers.
Tips I can reccommend for sensible Q -buying are (please add more if you can...)
1. Use up your stockpile
2. Use all of your item so you are not wasting your money
3. Only buy beauty TSV's where you know that you will use at least 80% of the set. Ebay what you won't use a bit later on when the mad rush of items available is over. Giving parts of a set away as gifts is ok if you genuinely have someone in mind for it. My friends and sister in law have loved the L'Occy bits and bobs for christmas. This really has saved me buying something else for them so the overall value of the TSV is better. I never decide to buy a TSV just because I can give items away as gifts though. If I don't want the majority myself, I won't buy.
4. Try to limit your beauty TSV purchases to only 2 or 3 per year. Decide how the stockpile you already have is looking so you can decide which TSV's to go for.
5. Take advantage of the MBG even if you resent return postage. That is like setting fire to £40-50. This way you don't end up with a hoard of unwanted stuff in your cupboard. Be ruthless with what you decide to keep. I did this with the Laura Geller TSV and I set a reminder in my phone to ensure I had enough time to test it.
6.Don't buy a beauty TSV just because of the so called "value". Its only good value if you are likely to use and re-purchase most of the items. So with Judith Williams, for example I will look out for a TSV in the phytomineral range but not her other ranges. However if they stick a cleanser in it I am less likely to buy. Last summer's TSV was perfect because they left cleanser out and replaced with a hand cream.

Thanks for the tips Weathergirl. I'm a careful shopper anyway. I would not pay the p&p on Yankee Candles when I can go to my local outlet store where they are stocked. Likewise I use L'Occitane shower cream but the last lot I got from Debenhams in their sale and no postage at the time! I would rather buy L'Occitane on a discount beauty site with free postage than pay QVC's p&p. I use Emma Hardie stuff and will buy on QVC if it is worth it, but yet again I can probably buy it cheaper elsewhere with no postage.

After Christmas I now stock up in the L'Occitane sale as they also send me a discount voucher so it comes down to half price or better. I can get full sizes rather than the fillers they put in the TSVs and not just verbena or cherry. The department stores do good reductions on perfume gift sets so I stock up there too and perhaps a bit of Molton Brown although they were disappointing last time so I didn't bother. I also like to get the large Decleor cleanser and toner in the High St when on offer and get some of these things from JLP on click and collect to my local Waitrose (which means I can buy through the Easyfundraising website). I too check what is in the TSV to make sure I will use the items, like the last Gatineau TSV as they are all in regular use here! If there is one small thing which I don't want but does not affect the overall value I take it to a charity shop. In the past I bought most Gatineau, Decleor and Elemis TSVs regardless but have stopped that now.

I certainly only tune in to watch certain brands! Think when they do a month of mainly one thing, it's get's rather boring, e.g. Beauty Month this month!!! Garden stuff all the time is also tedious to watch! Best to keep it varied as think this keeps the viewer more interested and possibly buy more too!! Just a thought tho!! :mysmilie_3:

Just turned on QVC now, does seem to be same old same old, or Ideal Worldish.

Last edited:
Bored Of Qvc

I am now bored of the shows/presenters I once looked forward to, because I have seen it all so many times before . I can't remember the last time I watched a full hour. I have just had a look at Sunday on qvc...7am to 12pm Richard Jackson's Garden. :mysmilie_10: say no more....

Yes even me, the gardening guru, is getting fed up with QVC gardening at the moment. A promised refund for chewed up plants has not been refunded and my last month's pick of the month has gone walkies - or is it like the pies? Never even sent in the first place because they sold out and those furthest away just had to suck it up. I feel a rant to CS coming on.

CC

CC

I am in exactly the same situation as you, Weathergirl. YC shows are recorded so I can skip through any presented by JF, SG etc.. I might do the same for L'Occitane out of interest but otherwise it is TSV alert for me and perhaps if I see a good offer on something I am running out of. I too am working through the stock of shower gels and body lotions so did not get recent L'Occitane TSVs. I have YC on AD and am allowing myself one extra set only this year but I may be cancelling the Xmas delivery anyway as I do not fancy the scents they are in. I do have a lot of skin care but you can't be good all the time! I have not bought as much though. I have started to buy the odd thing in my local L'Occitane as I need it rather than buying the TSVs.

What are YC shows?

What confuses me is that as QVC gets more and more boring and I watch less and less I still keep spending at least as much as ever.

I seem to be following the pattern of many of you, once a real addict & now bored & not ordering.I had a 'spree' a couple of months ago & when the items arrived, although many were very nice & at one time would have gone into the drawer I decided I really didn't need these items & returned.( Thought I might get 'the letter') Now this month I haven't ordered anything & it is showing in my bank balance!I used to get a real buzz watching & ordering now that's gone! Long may it last & I just think it might.

Same here ,I haven't ordered this month ,but I decided to order a Together top online.The site was playing up and no matter how many time I tried it would not let me enter the size and colour .so I decided I really couldn't be bothered and don't need the top anyway.Thanks Q ,more money saved.....

I haven't ordered in months now, and it used to be several times a week. Multiply that by a few hundred or so and the loyal customer base that they should be nurturing is dying a death.

It's the p&p and the hard sell (no DF! I won't get mine! get mine now!) it's that really that turns me off QVC. I can order the majority of things I like on QVC from Amazon a lot cheaper with free p&p and no annoying presenters...........result! :mysmilie_14:

:mysmilie_13:QVC has lost it's way over the last 4 years after 20 years on air it's now just caters for woman.
As a guy there is nothing for the men and what gets up my goat is promo adds that show men
in the back ground a complete farce, interesting the CEO UK is male.
It should go back to what it was when it started.

Unfortunately QVC are extremely sexist, they've never evolved in twenty one years and that'll be their down fall, that and continuing to charge extortionate p&p.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back