Bored Of Qvc

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

How funny you should mention bears, menopause (never ending!!!!) and midlife crisis in one post. I had a few Steiff bears and other toys collected from biz trips to Germany over the years which have just gone to the charity shop as I am decluttering but with no particular plan or

..yes menopause never ending i agree.....well done with the decluttering :mysmilie_59: its good for the soul as they say....i need to do some more this holiday weekend.

Yes I had loads of china and glass, bought on impulse over the years but rarely used so I took all that down and can now actually stand things up properly rather than just ramming stuff into the cupboard! it was a pain lugging loads of bags down on the bus over a few weeks but all done now and only the major thing left is the summer wardrobe changeover which might unearth some things I no longer use.

I can usually tell how boring Q is by the inactivity on this forum, and it has been very quiet this past week, unless of course people are out and about if they are getting good weather.

I think I am on step 10 of my recovery programme as I don't even have it on in the background anymore and have more or less given up on the jewellery which was the one thing I always tuned in for.

It's a bit like an old coat you no longer wear but sort of feel there may be a bit of life in it yet. Since I can barely remember the last time I enjoyed a show the time has come to admit the love affair is over. TBH it is only the idea of MBG which makes me watch at all, ironic really as I have never used anything prior to sending back (other than trying on for fit).

Truth be know I think many have become more savvy and ebay / amazon sell lots of bargains .....that's why presenters looking more desperate etc inmho ....i

QVC please try and keep up with current competition trends. John Lewis do free refunds (and delivery), and by free I mean they collect any unwanted purchase from your home. None of this 14 day bull/quibbling with some call centre staff/paying postage upfront hoping that it may be refunded etc.... Perhaps thats why they are No.1 in customer service survey? Amazon, also offer free P&P/attractive and competative returns/refund policy.

So cummon Q, telly selly stations are crashing and burning around your ears, 100's of staff have recently been made redundant in your sector, perhaps it may be a good time to review your business model as many, many things have changed since you lauched in the 1990s.

IMO, Q is no longer appointment TV viewing as it was before.

God I am so bored with it. Turned on this morning to Gatineau. Oh no, not more beauty products - give us a break.

I also used to watch for the jewellery shows, but they are either too expensive for me, or fashion jewellery. I have some lovely feminine gem set silver watches I bought years ago - still working and looking nice. I wish they would do more items like that at affordable prices.

I am watching so little lately, and what LATI said struck a note with me, I too can't remember the last time I enjoyed watching a show. Today is just so boring.

As soon as I see beauty of any sort I switch off and since today's TSV was Gatineau, I haven't had it on at all.

I just see the word Gatineau and i snore! ...eat sensibly ...as much veg and healthy food as possible water herbal teas and no scorching yourself in the sun ....these companies really play on our fears of getting old etc.....money to be made for sure ....I'm proud of my wrinkles ..I've earned them .......all those long fandangled words too....melatogininoonanon .....whatever it's called ....one word MONEY ...more like

May, is it just me or do all those words sound as if they have been made up? And it appears the longer and more unpronounceable it is the more of a miracle ingredient it is supposed to be.

Nowadays with Botox etc I'm afraid you just can't assume anyone has good skin based on their beauty routine. But of course everyone on here is the exception to that LOL

May, is it just me or do all those words sound as if they have been made up? And it appears the longer and more unpronounceable it is the more of a miracle ingredient it is supposed to be.

Nowadays with Botox etc I'm afraid you just can't assume anyone has good skin based on their beauty routine. But of course everyone on here is the exception to that LOL

Yes sorry it was a bit of a sweeping generalisation ...:mysmilie_59:....i just hate how they play on peoples fears and insecurities and make it look like they are doing such a big favour ..."for you" ....I think that eating healthier food does make for a better skin ...got to have a bit of junk food of course but ...I would just love to see how much these people make from the qvc customers ....look at Lu Lu ....her face speaks for itself ...if you know what I mean ...that's night not cream making her look like that imho :mysmilie_11:

I so agree. IMO looking good for your age is not the same as looking 20 years younger. Think Lauren Bacall, Katherine Hepburn who were stunning woman but who were not beautiful in the conventional sense.

I've always found that celebs who were pretty-pretty in their youth don't wear well in old age (think Paul McCartney or Goldie Hawn) and often are unable to accept that they can no longer depend on their looks, whilst others seem to sort reach an age where their looks really suit them. I saw Brenda Blethyn on TV the other night and she looks fantastic. This may be because she looks so plain in the part of Vera but I also think she was meant to be in her prime at her present age.

My gran never put a bit of cream on her face in all her 90 odd years, and had a fairly hard life yet had lovely skin.

I wonder how much of it is in the genes?

Funny thing is, that botox is the most toxic substance known. Why on earth would anyone pump it in their faces??

Botulinum toxin is a protein and neurotoxin produced by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum.[1][2] It is the most acutely lethal toxin known,

Last edited:
I haven't watched QVC today as I find some of these skincare days quite boring and the claims made about every new anti-aging miracle cream more difficult to believe. If they were so good, why keep bringing out a new version every few months? The daft made up names for new products and ingredients sometimes make me laugh, it does seem the longer the word the more they think we will be impressed. Does anyone remember the TV adverts some time ago for some new anti aging cream,can't remember what make, called Boswellox- that had me in stitches every time it came on as it sounded too much like something else to be taken seriously. I wonder which numpty made that one up.

They have a captive audience for all the skincare stuff. Women (and sometimes men) constantly striving for supposedly better, newer, and often more expensive items. Women who see the ads, read the magazines, watch the TV and who are dis-satisfied with their lips, skin, eyes, hair, etc etc and who really want to believe everything they hear. A psychological placebo ie. if someone tells them often enough that product X, Y or Z will make them look younger or will help with what they see as a problem, then it will. I suppose on some people it actually works because they believe it works so they stop picking faults in themselves and look and feel better because of it. It`s all a matter of choice and we all know a bar of soap will wash our face and a jar of cheap moisturiser will moisturise it but we choose otherwise and Q relies on this.
When Q first began, the internet was in its infancy, smart phones and ipads didn`t exist so unless people visited the DHS there was very little opportunity for them to compare prices or find the products elsewhere. That`s all changed and comparisons are just a click away and almost 100% of what Q sells can be sourced elsewhere and often cheaper. Yes they`ve become boring because they`ve stopped bringing us new and exciting products and they`re living in the past, relying on the same old formats with many of the same old presenters and selling the same old brands. Q has become like our Grannies beauty regime, its the soap and water of the retail world and just like soap and water, it does the job but we want more from it.

Unfortunately the media bombards us with airbrushed photos of celebs and have ended up brainwashing us. Even the strongest willed are basically insecure regarding our looks as we get older. What does amaze me is that celeb A in a spread touting how wonderful they are, is 2 stone and 10 years younger than she is in the magazine next to it which is headlining her as the dumped wife.

OH plays a "spot Denise Walsh" whilst he is queuing at the checkout next to the trashy mags, and maintains she is on the front cover every week in some new crisis.

At one point anti ageing was aimed at over 50', then 40's until now the ads show young women in their 20's going on about ageing. I think it was possibly at that point when I gave it all up as a list cause!

I've stopped watching QVC all together now. I use to still watch the TSV launches if I was interested in the product, but now I just look at the online video.

I so agree. IMO looking good for your age is not the same as looking 20 years younger. Think Lauren Bacall, Katherine Hepburn who were stunning woman but who were not beautiful in the conventional sense.

I've always found that celebs who were pretty-pretty in their youth don't wear well in old age (think Paul McCartney or Goldie Hawn) and often are unable to accept that they can no longer depend on their looks, whilst others seem to sort reach an age where their looks really suit them. I saw Brenda Blethyn on TV the other night and she looks fantastic. This may be because she looks so plain in the part of Vera but I also think she was meant to be in her prime at her present age.

My gran never put a bit of cream on her face in all her 90 odd years, and had a fairly hard life yet had lovely skin.

I wonder how much of it is in the genes?

Seen her on The Paul o Grady and Graham Norton Shows couldn''t believe it was the same person that played Vera!

I'm stopping watching QVC too. I don't need anymore jewellery and don't use anti ageing products. I can buy my make up and candles cheaper elsewhere. Goodbye annoying shouty presenters and rip off p&P.

I am bored bored bored of Q too. I hardly ever watch, only snippets here and there. I have no interest in many of the high priced cosmetics they sell and tend to only watch Mally shows and Yankee Candles for the full show. Other brands I buy I will wait for a TSV that contains products that I use and repeat purchase, and look on the website or on here for them rather than watching shows. I have been going through my stockpile before ordering more shower gels and body products and have been doing well with this. I will not be hoodwinked into stock-piling duch items again, so brands like L'Occitane and SBC will not be purchased by me for several months yet (my last L'occy purchase was the Almond TSV set last year). With skincare I now have "one open, one spare" and will leave it at that. Mally TSV's seem to be my main weakness!!

Latest posts

Back