Dresses

• Thread starter Deleted member 22840
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Standards are not as high but would people pay £200.00 for a basic dress or more. I know how to sew and knit and crochet. Even some tailoring and it takes a lot of skill and time. There are 87m people living in the UK. that takes a lot of feeding and clothing.

Like a lot of other companies, and that certainly includes QVC, M&S has forgotten its core demographic, which is middle-aged and older, and the complaints from that demographic are very telling. As their advert might put it, "These are not just complaints, these are M&S complaints.."

The few things I've bought from M&S in the past have been classics, good fabrics and have lasted for years. Yes they cost more but you wear them often, they wash well and mine usually only go to the charity shop when I've grown out of them. M&S should have stuck to their principles. Young people shop in New Look and Primark and don't envisage wearing an outfit more than twice.

CC

If you look on Trustpilot, M&S has dreadful reviews, particularly since the standard of clothing went down, cheap material, poorly sized and poorly made, in places like Bangladesh, which screams sweatshop workers. Their customer care is now outsourced to South Africa, and is definitely not what M&S customers have been used to over the years.
I used to always buy knickers from them, but over the last few years the quality has markedly declined, and the sizing is ad hoc to say the least. Shame to see this happening to so many British companies when they were really good for so long.
The knickers are now terrible! I used to be able to get years out of them, and the older ones are holding up well... but the newer ones started disintegrating at the very first wash! I have transferred my allegiance to Sainsbury's TU with a brief (see what I did there 😋) diversion into JLP Anyday.

I have a couple of dresses I bought from M&S. One is an own brand and the other a Seasalt Cornwall. I get most wear out of the Seasalt one.

The knickers are now terrible! I used to be able to get years out of them, and the older ones are holding up well... but the newer ones started disintegrating at the very first wash! I have transferred my allegiance to Sainsbury's TU with a brief (see what I did there 😋) diversion into JLP Anyday.

I have a couple of dresses I bought from M&S. One is an own brand and the other a Seasalt Cornwall. I get most wear out of the Seasalt one.
My M&S knickers are wearing well. All cotton, bought three years ago. No problems yet.

There was a designer on Q years back who did the high low thing. I bought a skirt. Never wore it. It may have been Anthony but I’m not sure.I learned my lesson.it looked ridiculous on me.
I’ve several dresses but hardly wear them as summer doesn’t last long and I need an occasion being retired.
M&S have some lovely dresses at the moment. They have upped their game.
AND there is the question of knees ! I gave up wearing 'normal' size dresses years ago, as despite having slender legs, there is something unseemly about showing off knees on an ageing body. I much prefer calf length frocks WITH POCKETS these days.

Another horror are the cheap dresses - generally from market stalls, that have the side hems a lot shorter than the front and back ! whats that all about ? just look stooopid.

AND there is the question of knees ! I gave up wearing 'normal' size dresses years ago, as despite having slender legs, there is something unseemly about showing off knees on an ageing body. I much prefer calf length frocks WITH POCKETS these days.

Another horror are the cheap dresses - generally from market stalls, that have the side hems a lot shorter than the front and back ! whats that all about ? just look stooopid.
Cheap dresses, or should I say cheap looking dresses, they’re my bugbear too and whilst it goes without saying that market stalls aren’t renowned for quality the high street offers up some horrors too. I know this will probably sound rather snobbish, but I can see a cheap dress a mile off , and funnily enough it is usually the hemming that gives it away. Don’t get me wrong not all cheap dresses are bad - I was in Asda recently and the had some linen mix summer dresses and they looked really well made and classy - such a change from the paper thin polyester/viscose that creases up as soon as you look at it , and if you’re really lucky gets trapped up your backside when you stand up!

watching one of the MarlaWynne hours and some things I like but one on just now 198204 a sort of blouse that I like but never in a million years woukd I pay £94.50 for it whether is was on easy pay or not. When you consider that QVC UK is not the only shopping channel she is on, she surely is a multi milli9nnaire now!

Called into Matalan today for a gift card for someone who buys their stuff from there. It was like a feeding frenzy, most of their stock in a 50% sale. They`ve already begun stocking their Autumn/Winter styles. I can`t be doing with fighting through rails or queuing for fitting rooms so I didn`t have a proper browse but it was sure as hell very busy.

Is it just me or do others dislike the awful dresses on at the moment. Short at the front & longer at the back. I think they are horrendous 😂
Agreed, i do not see anyone out and about wearing these horrible long at the back, short at the front items of clothing lol,they look so i'v just got up from bed, also i have never ever seen anyone wear a top with it tucked in at the front, has anyone else? where do they get these ideas from lol

Agreed, i do not see anyone out and about wearing these horrible long at the back, short at the front items of clothing lol,they look so i'v just got up from bed, also i have never ever seen anyone wear a top with it tucked in at the front, has anyone else? where do they get these ideas from lol
I've only seen dresses long at the back and short at the front on Strictly dancers, and the French tuck only on QVC.

Latest posts

Back