CC TSV 3.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 76
  • CC TSV 4.jpg
    CC TSV 4.jpg
    316.7 KB · Views: 72
  • CC TSV 5.jpg
    CC TSV 5.jpg
    297.7 KB · Views: 82
Didn't Jilly Jones use to sell Calico Cottage? Wonder if she will be doing this. I won't be buying any Christmas food this year as we're going to stay in a country hotel for the festivities this year (sorry for boasting but it's quite exciting). No more QVC food for me.

CC

The last time the Calico Cottage was featured it was a guy who was representing them. I ordered them and they were quite nice but I didn’t think that they were anything special. I prefer Cadbury’s milk chocolate (and it’s cheaper,)

Didn't Jilly Jones use to sell Calico Cottage? Wonder if she will be doing this. I won't be buying any Christmas food this year as we're going to stay in a country hotel for the festivities this year (sorry for boasting but it's quite exciting). No more QVC food for me.

CC
Don’t be sorry,enjoy yourself,I’m planning on escaping too.😊

CC
Enjoy every minute. Is Bry going as well?
We go away for Christmas most years.

CC
Enjoy yourself , it’s not boasting at all

correct but that hasnt been on for ages but these have been popular in the past
No I know the make-your-own fudge has not been on for years.

But since they stopped selling that, I know they’ve sold their ready-made fudge on QVC..

I’m always curious as to how you know when you say a product has been popular - do you base it on what sells out?

Funny that this is branded ‘Calico Cottage’ as they now only sell trade and wholesale fudge etc, whereas the chocolate products are made by them

under ‘Cambridge Confectionary Company’...

You can buy any of their chocolate and still get the make your fudge via their website.
I was given a box of their ‘chocolate domes’ a couple of Christmases ago - company is quite local to us and it’s in all the garden centres etc round here! - but afraid I didn’t rate it at all

It looks the part and the ‘fillings’ are nice but the actual chocolate tasted bit cheap to me - am bit of a chocolate snob though!

If you look at their products, it looks a bit like a rip-off of Hotel Chocolat packaging to me!

Esp their buttons and the like!

The TSV is cheaper than buying direct...
But they do do free post over £30 on website and lots of smaller and gift packs of various ‘bits’!
https://cambridgeconfectionerycompany.co.uk

CC
Yes I think I remember Jilly Jones doing it - I used to find it very soothing to watch!
I used to enjoy her doing Easiyo shows too...
And lock n lock too, though I could’ve invented that one!

You lucky bean going away for Christmas - never done that (laterally for obvious reasons - can’t!) but always fancied it!

My mum always wanted to hire a big house somewhere and all stay there as more relaxed than a hotel etc, but then we decided you’d “have” to then hire a personal chef or caterer too haha!

Seriously though, I’d love to take her and other family away to some country place one year - Scotland maybe - just have to get well first..!

Hope you enjoy your trip!

They also have rolls of Christmas wrapping paper! I could (and can) eat their shortbread all year .
Oh man, me too!

“Luckily” since I’ve had coeliacs, I can’t but otherwise I could eat boxes of the stuff!

Tesco and places do gluten free shortbread but it just crumbles into, well, crumbs!

I got a Tesco online delivery this week and there was a huge Christmas section on there. Depressing...

(Although I may have bought a bag of Lebkuchen (my favourite) - and some mint edition Dairy Milk chocolate for a gift...!)

Latest posts

Back