Festive Food TSV 21/09/22

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes I think I remember Jilly Jones doing it - I used to find it very soothing to watch!
I used to enjoy her doing Easiyo shows too...
And lock n lock too, though I could’ve invented that one!

You lucky bean going away for Christmas - never done that (laterally for obvious reasons - can’t!) but always fancied it!

My mum always wanted to hire a big house somewhere and all stay there as more relaxed than a hotel etc, but then we decided you’d “have” to then hire a personal chef or caterer too haha!

Seriously though, I’d love to take her and other family away to some country place one year - Scotland maybe - just have to get well first..!

Hope you enjoy your trip!
Oooh thanks Loopy, we've rented places often at Christmas but never done the Stately Home Hotel thing. It's just me and Mr CC. We did do the big family hire of a big house once but it wasn't great. We don't really get on that well as a family to be honest. I promise I'll report back. There's so much food going to be served we'll probably have to hire an artic to get us both home 😬 🐷

You get well soon.

CC

Calico Cottage 36 Piece Ultimate Chocolate Box
Item Number: 819879
QVC Price £25.00
Todays Special Value Price £18.99
P&P £5.95
Advanced Order for 10/10/22

They don't come any more tempting, decadent and lush than the Ultimate Chocolate Box from Calico Cottage. You'll receive two trays of chocolate fingers in this 36-piece set, so you'll have ample opportunity to tickle your palette with a mouth-watering assortment of white, milk and dark chocolate. There's a flavour to suit every taste, so it's the perfect treat to share with loved ones. Whether you gift the box or keep it for yourself, these will go down a dream!
*A great saving: if you were to buy this Calico Cottage 36-piece Ultimate Chocolate Box from QVCUK.com after this offer ends, you’d pay £25, plus P&P. So, for our Today’s Special Value price of just £18.99, plus P&P, you’re saving £6.01.
Intoxicatingly delicious - comprising 36 individual solid chocolate fingers in nine different flavours, there's a world of chocolate goodness to unwrap. Fruity, nutty, crunchy, creamy - you name it! From Honeycomb and Dark Drizzle to wildly popular Salted Caramel and Dark Raspberry, each chocolate finger will leave you purring.
Ideal for gifting - presented in a beautiful black gift box, this chocolate bounty would make a gorgeous gift for a fellow sweet-toothed connoisseur. That's of course if you don't keep it for yourself. Either way, we won't judge.
Delivered directly from Calico Cottag e - please allow 7 - 10 working days for delivery to UK mainland only (including UK Highlands and islands, and Northern Ireland).
  • Currently only available at QVC
  • Rocky Road fingers contain marshmallows and are not suitable for vegetarians. All other flavours are suitable for vegetarians
  • Dark Chocolate Raspberry is suitable for vegans
  • May contain traces of peanuts, other tree nuts, sulphites and egg
  • All chocolate contains soya milk
  • Store in a cool dry place away from direct sunlight
  • Shelf Life: minimum 9 months upon delivery
Contains:
  • 1 x Assorted Gift Box of Solid Chocolate Fingers (two trays of 18 pieces, 320g each, 36 pieces in total) - contains four of each flavour: Honeycomb, Salted Caramel (milk), Salted Caramel (dark), Dark Raspberry, Dark Drizzle, Milk Drizzle, Strawberries & Cream, Cookies & Cream, Rocky Road
For allergens, nutritional information and ingredients please see attached document - allergens will be in bold

FF you've beaten me to it. I've just written the piece below on another thread - (but I can't delete the other new thread, perhaps Sazza can help)

How does a box of chocs (tsv today) at £18.99, warrants a p & p of £5.95 yet a bulky faux fur jacket at £67.98 has p & p at a pound less at £4.95 ? this is seen over a huge range of products - lightweight goods ie jewellery can be either the same or a high price point than a tv set !

FF you've beaten me to it. I've just written the piece below on another thread - (but I can't delete the other new thread, perhaps Sazza can help)

How does a box of chocs (tsv today) at £18.99, warrants a p & p of £5.95 yet a bulky faux fur jacket at £67.98 has p & p at a pound less at £4.95 ? this is seen over a huge range of products - lightweight goods ie jewellery can be either the same or a high price point than a tv set !
All sorted!

The only difference between the TSV and the one I ordered in June (apart from this TSV being 1p cheaper 🙄) is that mine came in two separate boxes of 18, rather than a box of 36. As I said earlier, it’s quite nice chocolate but nothing to write home about, in my opinion. The mini “slabs” were also thinner than the camera work on the shows suggests.

I guess the TSV would make a nice present for a chocolate lover though.

Didn't Jilly Jones use to sell Calico Cottage? Wonder if she will be doing this. I won't be buying any Christmas food this year as we're going to stay in a country hotel for the festivities this year (sorry for boasting but it's quite exciting). No more QVC food for me.

CC
That will be lovely, Candy. It is exciting.

With age, seriously I can't be doing with all this fancy chocolate with bits and bobs on it and in it. We used to subscribe to Hotel Chocolat, but decided to make some financial cut backs, don't get me wrong we tried some delicous choc, but since stopping and going back to the cheap stuff, I just can't be doing with this rock hard, non melty, fancy stuff any more - Give me an Aero or a bar of Dairy Milk - Can't beat it!

Will someone PLEASE save us from the perfectly dreadful Andi Peters !

Calico Cottage - I bought several packs of the DIY fudge kits - sumptuous ! don't seem to do those anymore.
I feel the same about Chloe, she talks over the guests and how many more times is she going to mention having a 10 week old baby in the house.

With age, seriously I can't be doing with all this fancy chocolate with bits and bobs on it and in it. We used to subscribe to Hotel Chocolat, but decided to make some financial cut backs, don't get me wrong we tried some delicous choc, but since stopping and going back to the cheap stuff, I just can't be doing with this rock hard, non melty, fancy stuff any more - Give me an Aero or a bar of Dairy Milk - Can't beat it!
A Mars Bar hits the spot for me or a Bounty, not leaving out Cadbury's Dairy Milk, of course. Lovely and soft. No danger of chipping your teeth as happened to me with a toffee from a Quality Street tin. Cost a lot to repair and the toffee didn't taste that good either.

I'm with you on that one Merry ! as I've aged I've found that the expensive chocolate acts like laxative for me :rolleyes: . Changing digestive habits I suppose. But a Bounty from the fridge is divine, a sneaky Picnic or two, or a Crunchie, I can certainly live with. As for Liquorice Allsorts - well I'm anybody's after a handful of those !!!!

Latest posts

Back