Gardening TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Gemma1

Registered Shopper
Hardy Hibiscus my backside. I bought these from Q a couple of years ago, nurtured them like children and every single one died. I got a full refund and have and never will buy plants from Q again!

I gave up buying plants from QVC years ago as every single one has been disappointing and I also got full refunds when I complained.

However, let's stay positive......we've had the pleasure of the very likeable and knowledgeable RJ twice now in a matter of days so that must sow a seed of delight! :smirk:

I gave up buying plants from QVC years ago as every single one has been disappointing and I also got full refunds when I complained.

However, let's stay positive......we've had the pleasure of the very likeable and knowledgeable RJ twice now in a matter of days so that must sow a seed of delight! :smirk:

Have you been drinking BL?

PLEASE PLEASE don't waste your hard earned cash on these, I to have brought them in the past and gave them all the tender love and care any plant could want including the dreaded flower power and I had not one flower and they are now all growing in plant heaven.So SAVE your money .
Aldi had hibiscus at £3.99 each and they have survived 2 winters and produced lots of lovely flowers.

I won't get caught again after last years Fuchsia fiasco :wonder: ...but must admit qvc are very good at giving back the cash on failed plants.

daydreamer

if its thompson and morgan are selling these thier bare root plants/shrubs are rubbish. literally dead for months before they pack them up and sell them off to qvc customers. not one bare root palnt i or my family have bought from qvc have grown. stick to a pooted live one from your gareden centre. all shrubs are guaranteed for 2 years by the way info from gardening which?

I also stopped buying plants from qvc a couple of years ago. Had various Tsv's in the past I think the famous peony's were probably the worst. I still have 2 of the 3 growing but they just produce a few leaves and I have never yet managed to get even one of the hundreds of dinner plate sized flowers that was promised by the lying Richard Jackson.

PLEASE DO NOT BE TAKEN IN WITH THE RUBBISH THAT HE SAYS!

I've never bought any plants from Q , the nearest garden thing I bought was some solar garden lights , when they arrived 3 of them were smashed , put me right off ordering anything like this again .
Plus what about the 30 day money back guarantee , how does this work with plants ?????

I'm sure that RJ knows his stuff for his own business, but put him in front of the QVC and he talks a load of manure.

The thing that really annoys me is the way he inflates the prices we'd have to pay in the garden centre for "grown on" plants. Might be the case in a designer nursery in Chelsea but not here in the wilds of Essex.

As for today's TSV :headbang:. Hibiscus are slow-growing long-lived and large-flowered shrubs and I really think he is conning us by claiming they'll each produce 20 flowers this summer. It will take them months to even produce good "fresh" roots.

I'm really surprised people with things as they are, with the lack of good summer weather, are continuing to purchase loads of very immature bedding plants.
QVC'S small young plants require potting on, a good deal of feeding, watering and sunshine to produce flowers for the summer.
Expense and work people I would have thought they could do without.

I had moderate success with the Carole Whetman Pinks (she's a funny old bird. Did anyone read that email she sent to her prospective daughter in law, who in turn forwarded it onto all her friends?). I bought some foxgloves but only 3 survived and they've not done very much since planting. As for those solar lights I bought - the summer Wintertrax equivalent - QVC must have been flogging them daily- well, they've rotted and got full of water. Utter waste of money. Flower Power is rubbish. I didn't notice any difference whatsoever with any of my plants or vegetables. I won't be buying any more plants/ garden stuff from QVC this year and would rather buy plants from my local Wyevale or car boot sale.

thb i raise a lof of my bedding from seed this costs very little money. you may as well as the plugs are not much bigger...

thb i raise a lof of my bedding from seed this costs very little money. you may as well as the plugs are not much bigger...

Good point. I hadn't thought of it but the small plugs they were selling yesterday were only one step up from seedlings. Realistically how many would survive through to the end of May without a good greenhouse environment and full time care ?.

Luckily I'm completely satisfied with our local garden centre and market stall

Linda xx

I've bought the garden ready plants from Jersey Plants Direct for the last couple of years and I've managed to fill all my pots for less than £20, with enough left over to share with DD.

I've bought the garden ready plants from Jersey Plants Direct for the last couple of years and I've managed to fill all my pots for less than £20, with enough left over to share with DD.

Nooooooooooooo! I've just had a sneaky peek at their website and already seen 4 must-haves ! What a great selection of plants, reasonable prices and no separate p&p. Also more sensible delivery dates.

Thank you.

Linda xx

I have used both Jersey Plants Direct and Gardening Direct to buy my plug plants for years. They are much better quality than the stuff I have bought from QVC or Thomson Morgan Direct.

The other thing to do is to look for offers in the weekend newspapers as they have deals on individual plant types and mostly no p&p - in the gardening section and in the adverts.

Latest posts

Back