JR’s Blog

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just seen Julia during her Dress Shop show. She looks so bloated on her tummy once again... That wedding dress, I'm curious lol

Just seen Julia during her Dress Shop show. She looks so bloated on her tummy once again... That wedding dress, I'm curious lol

I'm watching and thought exactly the same. The dress she is wearing is doing nothing for her and, as you say, her tummy looks really bloated. I'm surprised she didnt wear some shapewear.

She probably mostly wears shapewear I guess and maybe thought that the black dress would slim her down, but it didn't. Normally her busty top hides that tummy but not today.

Julia.jpg

This is showing it as on her show.

It's a shame that Julia suffers from the common complaint of "I used to be a size 10 so I must still be that size". I know loads of women who do it. Just because you can squash into a small size doesn't mean you are a small size. I've seen Juliar look really lovely in the right style and size of outfit but if you've a stomach (my issue) you can't wear something that clings to it because you just look huge. Not seen much TV today, the sun was out AGAIN!

CC

It's a shame that Julia suffers from the common complaint of "I used to be a size 10 so I must still be that size". I know loads of women who do it. Just because you can squash into a small size doesn't mean you are a small size. I've seen Juliar look really lovely in the right style and size of outfit but if you've a stomach (my issue) you can't wear something that clings to it because you just look huge. Not seen much TV today, the sun was out AGAIN!

CC

I think she said that she was wearing a medium which was the right size. If I was wanting to buy that dress I would have gone up a size because to me it was too clingy. I suffer from a lot of lumps and bumps so have to be careful what type of dress I wear and a clingy one is a definite no no

On a recent blog she was bragging that her stomach was flatter and people were complimenting her on how good her arms looked.

I hope she’s not ill.

She said recently that everything's alright with the CML & she may even be able to have something done to strengthen her weak ankle. I just think she's an apple shape, two sisters I see at Slimming World are the same & describe themselves as robins.

I wish I hadn't been nosey because I saw the Coco Bianco dress in the very large & very orange animal print & loved it. I bought a Nina Leonard dress last week & it's fabulous; I feel really guilty because it's all man-made poly whatsit & I keep banging my eco drum so I'll have to wear it forever or until it can be turned into something else. One positive about Queen Julia is that she appears to have had her hair cut, still that draining colour though. This is my last horrible comment, I thought Imogen Connolly looked just as chunky as J R & why are the 'stylists' all going for the scarf in hair look, they resemble girls in the Land Army.

On a recent blog she was bragging that her stomach was flatter and people were complimenting her on how good her arms looked.

God I wish these presenters would stop boasting about themselves.

Growing up my parents taught me a lot ,... never make fun of those who are different, never stare at people of colour (it WAS the 50's), always take my litter home, respect your elders, always be well mannered, and never brag about yourself - let others do it if its deserved.

All those traits stayed with me through my life. Sadly we're living in an age of me me me me, but Julia should know better, as being over 60 I'm sure her parents would have brought her up in a similar fashion.

I think style-wise, a lot of the Q presenters are living in the past. They are sticking to what looked good when they were younger, including (unless it's 100% impossible to get into it) the same dress sizes.

The reality for all of us is that middle age spread is not a myth, but a hard-to-fight inevitability as we get older and hit the menopause. Once you factor in illness or any kind of disability, being able to fight off middle age spread becomes increasingly challenging.

It could be that you always tended towards being an apple shape (and it can be cunningly disguised by a larger bosom) and that tendency has taken hold... Exercise may help, but you also have to think about your diet and physiology... and whether you actually have the time, energy and sheer grit to keep working at keeping the weight off the middle of your body

I think most of the Q women need a makeover. I think the only ones who seem to realise they are not the shape they used to be and adjusted for it are Anne Dawson, Ali Young and Jilly Halliday... with varying degrees of success.

Julia is still a very attractive lady, and mostly makes the best of herself. But she could maybe think about a restyle and accepting that she is no longer "in a size small".

Does she still do Pilates I wonder ? remember the days when Margerine The-Australian presented her pilates machine, and Julia laid on the floor giving it welly ? I also remember her saying she had the machine at home (another lie or another freebie), and how it helped with her figure. Hmmmmmmm we have long memories Julia.

I think most of the Q women need a makeover. I think the only ones who seem to realise they are not the shape they used to be and adjusted for it are Anne Dawson, Ali Young and Jilly Halliday... with varying degrees of success.

Alison Young definitely needs a makeover in the fashion department. Did anyone see that stripey red/white/blue concoction she had on in the beauty hour yesterday evening. I was just speechless. I've seen her look a mess but lordy, lordy, lordy.

Julia looked nice in the green sparkly top in the B&W show but she was sitting down so I didn't see the bottom half.

CC

Alison Young definitely needs a makeover in the fashion department. Did anyone see that stripey red/white/blue concoction she had on in the beauty hour yesterday evening. I was just speechless. I've seen her look a mess but lordy, lordy, lordy.

Julia looked nice in the green sparkly top in the B&W show but she was sitting down so I didn't see the bottom half.

CC

Someone asked about it on the fb page & there was a post saying it was from the Andy Pandy collection! They're all very smug at the Q, it's obvious in many ways - unprofessional attitude, rudeness & the belief that they'll be there forever are just three. Consequently it doesn't matter to them if they still look as they did decades ago. Having said that the latest bunch don't look much better & don't get me started on Ms Everton's jeans & those white boots that appear to be shared by at least four of the sales assistants.

CC

I wasn’t I said to hubby look at Alison she looks like she’s dressed in a Punch and Judy tent. :mysmilie_17:

I had QVC on mute yesterday and wasn't wearing my glasses. Even so, I was deafened by the loud stripes and had retina burn from how "vivid" the whole colour scheme was. AY, bless her, does not have any real instinct for what suits her. But at least she's not trying to pretend she's the shape she once was.

I thought AY looked like a stick of rock, probably got “beauty presenter not expert” running right through her.

Does she still do Pilates I wonder ? remember the days when Margerine The-Australian presented her pilates machine, and Julia laid on the floor giving it welly ? I also remember her saying she had the machine at home (another lie or another freebie), and how it helped with her figure. Hmmmmmmm we have long memories Julia.

It's in her shed, sorry garden gym, & she does use it when she's not in the loft, sorry writer's attic, penning her latest blockbuster & there's me saying I wasn't going to be horrible anymore..! It must be because when I showed my Mr T the vivid print Coco bianco dress I liked from J R's 3pm show yesterday he pulled a face & said it was something I could only wear when I was home alone.

Latest posts

Back