Lulu Guinness Tsv 10/8/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

QVC have said in the past that you don't have to buy something to review it, you can review from the presentation or from seeing it on the website.

What a odd review system. I want to get views of people who actually got it. I can form my own view from looking on the website or watching the programme. Sounds like they aren't really interested in doing it properly.

Last edited:
Ah I hadn't thought of that. If it had shoulder straps - that might have been me.

IF I wanted to buy a bag which was mass produced, available to thousands, which was made in china, and is actually sold and marketed by an American who now controls LG`s mass market business dealings and to which the designer basically adds just her name because her mass produced stuff is actually designed by a team of people and not herself and a bag that she seems to know very little about, in fact sometimes acts as if she`s never actually seen it before, then I`m pretty sure I could find such a bag elsewhere and much much cheaper. And yes I do own an LG bag, one bought many years ago when she was new, eager, genuine and produced a very small number of bags.
BUT if I wanted an original one off bag then I`d look for someone starting off, producing one offs, using their artistic ability, handmaking it and happy just to get their name out there and not just to add it to an item. This bag isn`t really my taste but it`s an example of what you can still find if you look, real leather, handmade and the only one. I`ll tell you the price later ....
$(KGrHqF,!osFD+KiDljJBRJ3P3U9qg~~60_57.jpg

If only we could all accept that we like different things?

For instance... I like LG bags... I don't care about the label or the image, I just like them... and don't need educating about the company.

My taste... my choice.

Your taste, your choice... Simples.

If only we could all accept that we like different things?

For instance... I like LG bags... I don't care about the label or the image, I just like them... and don't need educating about the company.

My taste... my choice.

Your taste, your choice... Simples.

Well said, could not agree more! X

Hi all. Has anyone received their Amelia? Mine came today. Not boxed - that's my first gripe. Simply wrapped in tissue in a cellophane bag, in a QVC bag. The bags are beautiful! However, the pink has a visible scratch on the front :angry: and hasn't it sold out? I am not happy at all. The black is fine, but I am so angry I feel like returning them both. I am going to call CS when I get a chance and see what they say. For a start I am not waiting for a returns label, which can take up to 2 weeks, I will just ask my courier to send it back. If the pink has sold out, do you think I should ask for discount? If so, what do you think would be acceptable to ask for? I will try and upload a photo as soon as I can to show you. Although, I don't know if I would want to pay even £100 with a scratch on it. I am so annoyed.

lulu pink.jpg

I had to use the flash so it probably looks worse than it is to be fair. But it is visible to the naked eye and I noticed it as soon as I took the tissue off.

How disappointing. I can't see that you have any option but send it back. It will niggle. You shouldn't pay that much and still niggle.

I agree, no way should you pay all that money for a damaged bag, why can't they send them out well packaged, they charge enough for p & p, that is not on, and they should have learnt by now as am sure that has happened before, mind you I am sure someone posted previously that they had got bag from Cocosa that was new and had a scratch on it, it's a pity though as that colour sold out, but no doubt one will appear on that well known bidding site soon. What a shame and how annoying x

Hi all. Has anyone received their Amelia? Mine came today. Not boxed - that's my first gripe. Simply wrapped in tissue in a cellophane bag, in a QVC bag. The bags are beautiful! However, the pink has a visible scratch on the front :angry: and hasn't it sold out? I am not happy at all. The black is fine, but I am so angry I feel like returning them both. I am going to call CS when I get a chance and see what they say. For a start I am not waiting for a returns label, which can take up to 2 weeks, I will just ask my courier to send it back. If the pink has sold out, do you think I should ask for discount? If so, what do you think would be acceptable to ask for? I will try and upload a photo as soon as I can to show you. Although, I don't know if I would want to pay even £100 with a scratch on it. I am so annoyed.

View attachment 9259

I had to use the flash so it probably looks worse than it is to be fair. But it is visible to the naked eye and I noticed it as soon as I took the tissue off.

That is dreadful it was not packaged well enough and is damaged!

The courier probably won't take the parcel unless instructed by QVC so you will need to speak to CS and ask them to arrange that.

When you email or speak to CS ask them to honour the TSV price if the item is ever restocked, and any concession like this that they agree to ask them to confirm it in writing (email will do), because forumites have had other CS bods deny all knowledge of discounts or whatever promised by someone else. They'll argue that you could go on waitlist, but explain that you don't want to be sent a return and this way it'll hold the price beyond the 90day (or whatever the waitlist limit is). Other LG TSVs have reappeared months/years after an apparent sell-out.

The choice of packaging is QVC's, any bag I've bought direct from LG has arrived sturdily boxed and in tissue regardless of the size. Yet I've had a mascara duo from QVC that could have come in a jiffy bag, arrive in a box! There's no rhyme or reason! LG should be furious if they get lots of returns. It's the vendor, not QVC, that stands the loss of returned items.

Finally I'm gutted for you, and if by some weird twist of fate I don't like my pink TSV when it arrives I'll give you first refusal!

I love the Amelia and ordered 3 as I couldn't decide! :confused: i got the Navy, stone & black. The navy arrived in a plastic bag and the other two in boxes. The stone is beautiful, my first stone Lulu. The black is classic and even my son aged 19 liked it. Am going to have a think about the navy but its lovely....

I stopped buying LG bags from qvc a long time ago, when I discovered that LG's sales are far far better value than anything qvc can offer, tsv or otherwise. I bought two this year from her website on sale, at less than 50% - qvc couldn't compete with that.

Thanks everyone! I just called them. It is on waitlist :doh: which I've gone onto, at the tsv price, but my heart is not in it now. :wonder: I too have bought many from LG and even in the sale they come beautifully packaged. I am sure Lulu wouldn't be happy with them being slung into a glorified carrier bag! I wonder if I should email them direct....hmm.

I am now deliberating over returning my black one. As much as I love it, and I love most Lulu bags, it's a lot of money for a patent bag that is going to get scratched. I used my stone Jenny yesterday and it rubbed against another bag and has light scratches on now. I don't see the point in keeping them for best as they are not the type of bags I take out during the evening, they are work/day bags. All the same, I don't want them battered at the blink of an eye, at that price! Oh dear....

I would have kept the pink. C'est la vie I guess! UPS are picking it up Monday. He didn't mention refunding the postage so I think I will email them and ask for that too. I shouldn't really be out of pocket at all for receiving a damaged item.

Akimbo - you will love your bag!! But thank you for the thought, I appreciate it!

Oh Minxy that is such a shame. The pink would have been my choice if I hadn't got my sensible head on. I've got a patent Lulu G in a pink but its more of a hot pink. It hasn't scratched but its not an every day bag ... it's the mini Eva ... but that's more from a practicality point if view than me saving it for best.

I hope you do get the pink.

Akimbo hope you love it and yours isn't scratched.

I do love my Lulus but they aren't my everyday bags, I find Mulberrys much more hard wearing.

Latest posts

Back