Lulu Guinness TSV 16/2/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

People talk about the Charlie Bears couple being weird - the woman from LG has just referred to the bag as "she". Decidedly odd.

It's bigger than it looks in the promo video.

No LG to launch .Cant remember the last time I saw her. I liked the patterned one but assume it sold out. I wasn't going to buy it ,but that's the one I liked

it looks lovely but i dress very smart casual and these are not going to fit in with my life. still look nice though

I've always fancied buying a Tabitha, which has a similar shape to the TSV Annie, but the Tabby is £90 more so I'm happy. I ordered the grey; I have a small pale pink Eva but haven't used it much - I think the grey will be very useful over the Summer. I don't often dress up but always carry a lovely bag; I've bough a few from TKMaxx including a fab grainy black Modalu bargain.

It's bigger than it looks in the promo video.

No LG to launch .Cant remember the last time I saw her. I liked the patterned one but assume it sold out. I wasn't going to buy it ,but that's the one I liked

LG is like Liz Earle these days. She sold out part of her company to the Americans and they have their own design teams, marketing, manufacturing in China etc and she`s just contracted to a certain number of appearances and her name to be used as and how. Hence why on her rare appearances she often doesn`t seem to recognise the bags or know much about them.
This tsv looks a nice bag but I only use an over arm bag when I`m going somewhere for an evening out. During a normal day I like a cross body bag which leaves both arms free. I managed to get a black patent and a nude patent Olga Berg over arm bags in a sale a couple of years ago, both lovely bags but the brand no longer makes over arm bags and now concentrates on evening bags.
My one and only LG bag was bought long before she began selling on QVC and in a sale from her original London shop, back in the day when she did birdcage bags and heavily ornate bags in limited numbers. It`s a grey tweed over arm bag, heavily embroidered and with black leather handles and trims

It's here!

...and I love it! It is grey but quite a warm shade. Some would call it "stone" but it's got really yellow toned or too pink. There's no blue-tone to the colour so it would work with a wide range of clothing colours. It's the perfect neutral for me. Very happy!

Here's a picture of the Grey Annie TSV alongside my patent Amelia in Mink...they're very close but the Mink colour is several shades darker. It's difficult to photograph patent, being highly reflective but hopefully you can see the similarities.

Attachments

• LG mink  and grey (1).jpg
    LG mink and grey (1).jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 266
  • LG mink  and grey (3).jpg
    LG mink and grey (3).jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 240
  • LG mink  and grey (4).jpg
    LG mink and grey (4).jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 247
  • LG mink  and grey (5).jpg
    LG mink and grey (5).jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 236
Here's a picture of the Grey Annie TSV alongside my patent Amelia in Mink...they're very close but the Mink colour is several shades darker. It's difficult to photograph patent, being highly reflective but hopefully you can see the similarities.

lovely pictures

They both tone beautifully with my carpet! LOL! New Annie is on the mantel piece at the mo, so that I can stare at it! What can I say...It's a bag thing!

Seeing your lovely grey bags ,am tempted to take out my grey patent Pollyanna which has never been taken out so far :)

I love reading the posts from you 'Passionate Lulu G girls'! Can't see the attraction myself but put that down to our different tastes.I like Bridge & Coach but in my now lifestyle I find it hard to justify the investment.

Mine didn't arrive today :mysmilie_10: I'll have to wait until tomorrow!
Glad you like yours Akimbo!

LG is like Liz Earle these days. She sold out part of her company to the Americans and they have their own design teams, marketing, manufacturing in China etc and she`s just contracted to a certain number of appearances and her name to be used as and how. Hence why on her rare appearances she often doesn`t seem to recognise the bags or know much about them.
This tsv looks a nice bag but I only use an over arm bag when I`m going somewhere for an evening out. During a normal day I like a cross body bag which leaves both arms free. I managed to get a black patent and a nude patent Olga Berg over arm bags in a sale a couple of years ago, both lovely bags but the brand no longer makes over arm bags and now concentrates on evening bags.
My one and only LG bag was bought long before she began selling on QVC and in a sale from her original London shop, back in the day when she did birdcage bags and heavily ornate bags in limited numbers. It`s a grey tweed over arm bag, heavily embroidered and with black leather handles and trims

Me too. My only LG bag is the small Eva and I can wear that because of it being cross body .Makes it feel a little more casual.Love the over arm look but I don't dress up so much these days so wouldn't have much occasion to use a TSV .I know lots of people don't like the added cross body strap .

If I need my hands free I prefer a cross-body style. Knowing they're popular QVC has encouraged Lulu Guinness to add cross body straps where they weren't originally in the design. It doesn't sit right if the grab handles kind of get in the way IYKWIM. I'd rather have interchangeable straps if they have to offer both.

ARRRGGGHHHHH I have sat on my hands all day to stop myself buying the TSV (beautiful beautiful beautiful, but it's a bit "bulbous" for me at the bottom and that would annoy me if I was carrying it over my arm). However, I'm so tempted to get the doll face Wanda, I've been thinking about it for ages and as its on 3 easy pay today I'm struggling to convince myself out of it! I know a few of you have Wanda's and love them dearly.

Glad you like your TSV akimbo and are delighted with it :mysmilie_13: I do love these Lulu threads!

Last edited:
So PLEASE tell me, how come the printed version was available to buy if it wasn't in the midnight show ??

It was on the midnight show. It went to limited stock and then sold out about 10 past though. You see it on the item video on the website, for a few minutes anyway. Must have sold out from pre-orders.

Latest posts

Back