Molton Brown - gone from QVC!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

They were never going to do that, it doesn't exactly sit with their marketing and image to admit that one of their biggest clients terminated their account because QVC aren't high brow enough!

I think you have not considered 'what are the alternatives?'

a) QVC sit on their hands, keep it a secret, eventually people notice something odd, it leaks out in places like here, maximum bad impact on reputation of QVC (they like to give the impression of being friends to their customers) and eventually dire embarrassment when it has to be admitted live on air, followed by weeping t-callers et al.

b) QVC admit it immediately, come up with some explanation (truthful or not, who can tell?), pledge to fill the gap with something of equal or better quality. Cue sadness and regret but it's all over in a week, tops, and they can forget about it long before Xmas.

You're saying a), then?

I think you have not considered 'what are the alternatives?'

a) QVC sit on their hands, keep it a secret, eventually people notice something odd, it leaks out in places like here, maximum bad impact on reputation of QVC (they like to give the impression of being friends to their customers) and eventually dire embarrassment when it has to be admitted live on air, followed by weeping t-callers et al.

b) QVC admit it immediately, come up with some explanation (truthful or not, who can tell?), pledge to fill the gap with something of equal or better quality. Cue sadness and regret but it's all over in a week, tops, and they can forget about it long before Xmas.

You're saying a), then?

Well it is a) - according to their email MB's contract with QVC terminated a fortnight ago and the last show was broadcast before that - as far as I can tell nothing has been said at all on air and the remaining stock items have just been quietly moved into clearance. I think their decision on how to approach this situation has already been made! Neither would it be the first time they've gone down this route, think of all the other brands who have silently disappeared, sometimes even re-appearing on other channels before you realise they really have left QVC.

Re: the many mentions on this thread of empty MB shops and/or shelves (and the same with some other cosmetics retailers).

Might it not be that they are selling many products online, and using the stores to house products which can either be bought by visitors as with a regular shop, or can be sent out by staff to fulfill online orders? This technique was certainly used at one time by at least one supermarket for online sales.

Just a thought..

Well said, Many many shops do this, the body shop for one, it would make the reason simple, they would not distribute from a warehouse when they have lots of stores to package and send them off for the customers!!!

Well it is a) - according to their email MB's contract with QVC terminated a fortnight ago and the last show was broadcast before that - as far as I can tell nothing has been said at all on air and the remaining stock items have just been quietly moved into clearance. I think their decision on how to approach this situation has already been made! Neither would it be the first time they've gone down this route, think of all the other brands who have silently disappeared, sometimes even re-appearing on other channels before you realise they really have left QVC.

This was also the case for Dermablend Cosmetics, but they did say in the new cosmetics hour that replaced it that they were unable to get them back. However with skin care ranges it is different, maybe if enough people contact them about this AND SAY that X amount of people are contacting them also about this, they would then mention it live on air instead of sweeping it under the carpet after all there will be thousand and thousands of MB customers on QVC that do not have a computer and will be wondering were MB are on QVC.

Last edited:
I noticed last night on the launch of the TSV they were pushing L'Occitane as the top selling beauty range on QVC. Was Molton Brown not this before? No mention of that though.

Kassie-chip

I noticed last night on the launch of the TSV they were pushing L'Occitane as the top selling beauty range on QVC. Was Molton Brown not this before? No mention of that though.

Kassie-chip

Yes I noticed that to and thought hang on they used to say that about MB did they not.:confused:

Well said, Many many shops do this, the body shop for one, it would make the reason simple, they would not distribute from a warehouse when they have lots of stores to package and send them off for the customers!!!

This was also the case for Dermablend Cosmetics, but they did say in the new cosmetics hour that replaced it that they were unable to get them back. However with skin care ranges it is different, maybe if enough people contact them about this AND SAY that X amount of people are contacting them also about this, they would then mention it live on air instead of sweeping it under the carpet after all there will be thousand and thousands of MB customers on QVC that do not have a computer and will be wondering were MB are on QVC.

In the case of Dermablend and Covermark, it was many many months after Dermablend disappeared that Covermark started and it was mentioned that they couldn't get Dermablend again. Covermark products are still on the website but I have not see it on air for quite a while now.

In the case of Dermablend and Covermark, it was many many months after Dermablend disappeared that Covermark started and it was mentioned that they couldn't get Dermablend again. Covermark products are still on the website but I have not see it on air for quite a while now.

I know, I was one of their loyal customers but at least they had the decency to say when they did manage to get a replacement brand. I, for one, was lucky to find dermablend products on an online shop, but many are not so fortunate.
It would be nice of QVC to mention MB dissappearing from their brands, they maybe more inclined to do so if enough people contacted them.
I was merely using Dermablend as an example of them mentioning the product being no-more on their "buying/selling" range, even if it was some months later, at least they did mention it and not sweep it under the carpet.
Even if they do get a new brand on to replace MB I doubt that they will mention MB.

Just thought I would let you know that I have contacted QVC and asked them if they would mention this to their loyal customers in a peak hour beauty slot that way people who do not have a comp or are not part of a forum could hear this news instead of waitng for MB to appear.

I hope they do the decent thing and prove how loyal they are to their customers who spend thousands of pounds with them every year.

Just thought I would let you know that I have contacted QVC and asked them if they would mention this to their loyal customers in a peak hour beauty slot that way people who do not have a comp or are not part of a forum could hear this news instead of waitng for MB to appear.

I hope they do the decent thing and prove how loyal they are to their customers who spend thousands of pounds with them every year.

Good Yazrose! Surely this is in their interest as someone whio might save their money for MB might then spend on other things...

Great idea- don't forget to tell us what happens. Will be interesting to see what they have to say- can't you see them squirming already?

Shall we all contact them and ask them?:rolleyes:

Although I've lost interest in Molton Brown now - I just want more L'Occitane instead.

In a few weeks we'll all be saying Molton Who?

Shall we all contact them and ask them?:rolleyes:

Although I've lost interest in Molton Brown now - I just want more L'Occitane instead.

In a few weeks we'll all be saying Molton Who?

How true- no brand loyalty at all. Lol!!

there is no such thing as loyalty anymore. i feel that QVC do not seem to think about much other than their profit.
many brands have come and gone without a word to the viewers. all of which pay the wages and help them reach global customers.
i do feel that when they know a brand is leaving there ought to be some kind of statement read out to thank QVC customers for their loyal support of the brand and what is happening. i remember once when it should have been a mojave magic show the guest was not on so alison just did the show with no comment on what was happening and then the next thing we knew he was not coming back. i do not think they ever made any comment about that. one minute a brand is shown and then they just dissapear mostly without any notice.

that is why you cannot really get attached to a brand. as from one month to the next you never know if it will be back.

i personally think they have made a huge error leaving QVC. if it is not broke do not fix it. they are making good money and you cannot afford to lose that sort of market at the present time. i do not think their products are that good anyway.

there is no such thing as loyalty anymore. i feel that QVC do not seem to think about much other than their profit.
many brands have come and gone without a word to the viewers. all of which pay the wages and help them reach global customers.
i do feel that when they know a brand is leaving there ought to be some kind of statement read out to thank QVC customers for their loyal support of the brand and what is happening. i remember once when it should have been a mojave magic show the guest was not on so alison just did the show with no comment on what was happening and then the next thing we knew he was not coming back. i do not think they ever made any comment about that. one minute a brand is shown and then they just dissapear mostly without any notice.

that is why you cannot really get attached to a brand. as from one month to the next you never know if it will be back.

i personally think they have made a huge error leaving QVC. if it is not broke do not fix it. they are making good money and you cannot afford to lose that sort of market at the present time. i do not think their products are that good anyway.

I agree with most of what you have to say.
Lots of brands have just disappeared without mention from QVc, even thoose that have been with them for years, such as Ultra glow and supernails. There was even a brand called Hydron that disappeared it even had QVc item numbers on its packaging.
Retail stores don't usally mention it is stop lines to its customers, so QVc are not that unusal.
I try not to relie on QVC only brands.

Surely a company has to weigh up whether the publicity and exposure QVC gives their products is worth the undermining of the RRP - QVC sold thousands of Units of the MB TSV - they tell us how many, but we don't know how many units of full price stuff they sold.

QVC talk about their buying power but how much of it is limited to what goes out on air in a short time. It would be interesting to know how often people went to their website to order Molton Brown when it wasn't on air or who bought items that were not in significantly reduced kits.

I will certainly miss the Christmas TSV as great for pressies - although I now use the Ecosoapia range (well I would, wouldn't I :))

i think QVC mislead with their level of power over companies and the discount that they get from them. maybe the idea of self importance has gone to their heads. as sometimes the prices do not match the speaches that they give. we are meant to think that the companies should be honored to sell on QVC. if what they say is true then you would think that Molton Brown would have chosen to stay on QVC.

I'm really sorry that Molton Brown is gone from QVC. I've been using MB before QVC existed in this country. I believe that QVC really raised the profile of this brand, and MB are literally biting the hand that has fed it for the past few years. If MB ever appears on IW I will NEVER EVER buy it again. I will find an alternative after 20 years of loving the products.

Latest posts

Back