My lesson of the day

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Silver Fox

Registered Shopper
Despite having absolutely no intention of buying the Lulu Guiness TSV the other day something came over me ( AND it was NOT alcohol induced)I just thought I would treat myself, I deserve it etc. etc & I am something of a bagaholic.When it arrived I thought it was very nice, & loved the colour ( Black Cherry) but REALLY was it worth the price? Did I want it THAT much? Well no ( & the chain handle is very heavy) so I decided to return it & that cost around £15 (on top of the QVC p&p to get it here)So all in all the experience has cost me over £20.So have now decided nothing expensive from le Q as the return also means it has to be insured.Then they send it in a box much larger than the item so that cost extra.So this is my early New Year's resolution.No more being sucked it with EZP being seen as a favour.I ask myself would I look at that in a shop & pay out the cash?

Yep, been there and done that - though normally it happens when I'm watching a film on another channel, during the breaks I nip over to qvc and see JUST THE THING I WANT ! and zing I've ordered it; only to discover ITS NOT WHAT I WANTED and then pay a fortune to return it.

Incidentally, I did mention on another thread to beware of bags with chains (unless they're Chanel), they are soooooo heavy and are useless with bare shoulders !!!!!!

I did that with some Emu's this year.I had been hankering after the olive colour since last winter - flipped over to an Emu show that was showing the stinger Lo's with 3 easy payment,and I heard the magic words that olive were on waitlist.

I went ahead and went onto waitlist,thinking waitlist will give me a bit of breathing space to dig out my old Emu's to see if I still like them.Blow me they arrived 4 days later and in those four days I decided my Emu's hadn't worn well - so back they went at a cost of about £10.

so all in all about £17/£18? to get them here and then get them back down the Post Office.A mistake I won't make again!

Despite having absolutely no intention of buying the Lulu Guiness TSV the other day something came over me ( AND it was NOT alcohol induced)I just thought I would treat myself, I deserve it etc. etc & I am something of a bagaholic.When it arrived I thought it was very nice, & loved the colour ( Black Cherry) but REALLY was it worth the price? Did I want it THAT much? Well no ( & the chain handle is very heavy) so I decided to return it & that cost around £15 (on top of the QVC p&p to get it here)So all in all the experience has cost me over £20.So have now decided nothing expensive from le Q as the return also means it has to be insured.Then they send it in a box much larger than the item so that cost extra.So this is my early New Year's resolution.No more being sucked it with EZP being seen as a favour.I ask myself would I look at that in a shop & pay out the cash?

red or white? :O)

I did that with some Emu's this year.I had been hankering after the olive colour since last winter - flipped over to an Emu show that was showing the stinger Lo's with 3 easy payment,and I heard the magic words that olive were on waitlist.

I went ahead and went onto waitlist,thinking waitlist will give me a bit of breathing space to dig out my old Emu's to see if I still like them.Blow me they arrived 4 days later and in those four days I decided my Emu's hadn't worn well - so back they went at a cost of about £10.

so all in all about £17/£18? to get them here and then get them back down the Post Office.A mistake I won't make again!

In the future, have a try of amazon. Normally it's free delivery and free returns (and if you need a refund they are so much faster than qvc). I ordered the high stingers for about £100 which is much cheaper than qvc as well

Great Thread Silver Fox! I must say I was almost tempted to get the Telephone Box phone holder but decided to leave it. I must admit I really am not keen on Patent leather. I only own 1 patent (an LV houston) for some reason LV patent doesnt look so 'cheap' and no one wants to pay ££££ to look cheap Im sure.

I think Lulu's could have collectable status in a few years however, joining QVC has destroyed the exclusivity of the product, so in effect she has sold out.

I'm definitely with you regarding QVC try before buy, especially regarding fashion/accessories, because the colours look so different in person (in Currys once, with QVC on 20 TVs, one learns there are 20 different shades of burgundy) LOL, however paying for returns is madness... so sad the return cost you so much.

I suppose QVC would defend themselves re: the return cost "well if it wasn't for us, you would have had to take a train to London, a Tube to SW1 and then pay 20% more for the same item at Lulus store, so take your choice"

ZZzzzzzz

and no one wants to pay ££££ to look cheap Im sure.

Only Dolly Parton, JR's Ego! & I'm no Dolly!!!maybe 'Folly' yes.

E-mail them to cancel the order under the distance selling regs and at least you will get your origional P&P back.

Good tip for those impulse buys

Been there and done that too (can't even remember the product!). Within five minutes, realised my folly and phoned QVC CS - they said it was too late - the order had already gone through to their warehouse. I think I was so annoyed with myself, and so mortified, that the person on the other end said I could refuse delivery at the door, so a few days leter when the postie rang the door bell, that's what I did. And I got a full refund of the price and P+P.

Worth a try, I guess.

Latest posts

Back