New Website

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well I started this thread what seems like moons ago and was probably one of the first ones to get the new version. Since then I have only ever had the new version but low and behold today I have gone back to the old version.

Talkabout pi$$ up in a brewery

Another exciting feature of the new site...

I wanted to watch the video of a pair of Honora earrings. The picture box comes up. Smack bang in the middle is a little white rectangle with the words 'Available on waitlist'. I click on the video tab, and the white rectangle doesn't go away. I start the video, and the waitlist message sits there right in the middle of the video box, obscuring the earrings.

I'm an IT professional myself, and build websites for friends - and I can't believe how slapdash and amateur the 'new' QVC website is. Either they've spent very little money on it, or failed to understand how to manage the design/build/test. I'm astonished at this offering from a big company like QVC that must surely get a considerable part of its income via the web.

Luckily I still have a desktop that gets the old website. I sneak upstairs to get a burst of working website from time to time. The difference is the version of Windows - 7 on my laptop, Vista on the desktop.

Well when they spent 18 million doing the dungeons up, even some of the presenters call it that,
you can see they don"t have a blooming clue. The new sets are atricious, badly designed and
those stairs the models walk down, are a disaster waiting to happen. So if they can"t get a big
thing like designing the new studios right , i wouldn"t hold out much hope for the web site

I don't know if I am on my head or my feet. This morning I checked on QVC........ and for the first time, got the new website, tried to order something but the p&p at checkout was wrong, so I gave up. I tried again early afternoon................ and got the old website. A short while later, I got the new website again.................... and just checked now and have the old website back.

Make your mind up QVC, I'm getting dizzy with the changes :mysmilie_514:

Strange but i complained bitterly about the new website and for some reason was able to the access the old one back and then yesterday i got the new website back which is just as bad as it was before and can't get the old one back. Also i have noticed there are quite a few items that they are still showing on the website but saying they arent available anymore, what is the point in that, a complete waste of time!

I got an email about web-only technology offers but their own link in the email doesn't work! Seems all the more ironic given the technology topic! I got the new website very early on and could acept there might be teething troubles including lots of links not working but after several weeks their web-designers should hang their heads in shame.

I agree that the ghosts of products long since sold out is so annoying. I used to have a trawl through the clearance sections on the old site but now it's cluttered with items that aren't available so I can't be @rsed. It's saving me money though!

Jude xx

Himself switched us back to Chrome so I clapped eyes on the new site for the first time.
I've just clicked on 'Items from the past week' to see what I missed yesterday & whatever I select, Diane Gilman comes up!

I have it also now and i'm on internet explorer. I tried seeing what was on and it works for me, brings an
itemised list of all the shows yesterday, and even has a date thing so you can change the date. Not tried
buying anything on it though. Surely they've got it right now ????

I can't get the website at all this morning, but I can get all my other usual websites OK (including this one, obviously) so it is not my PC causing the problem.

I get "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage".

Is anyone else having problems?

Well I think the new website is just a myth ~ I haven't had a hint of a new one just the same cr***y old one that sometimes works but usually doesn't.

I got the old web-site back a few weeks ago, I greeted it like an old friend (!!) and it stayed until this weekend when the new one reappeared! I was not impressed until I realised that most of the glitches that I'd complained about had been fixed! I was pleased with that and was feeling glad that I'd made the effort to complain. All was well but now, suddenly, it's gone again and I have the old one back!

Anyone have any ideas what the heck is going on?!:wonder:

Is there a way to at least have a look at the new site? I usually use Safari, but can use Google Chrome and Firefox and seem to get the old site on both of those too!

I clicked on my QVC bookmark yesterday and got confronted with the new site for the second time, although it's been a while since it first appeared. (I use Mozilla.)

I was browsing to get ideas for that impending event in December, :eek: and, when I tried to read the reviews on something I was interested in, all I got was a blank page. After several attempts I thought "pfffftttttt, I won't bother then." I then spotted a tab on the right of the page and, when I clicked on it, it gave me the opportunity to review the new site. So I did!!!!!

This morning I went to the QVC site, via my saved bookmark, and, lol and behold, the old site was back.

Now ......... I'd like to think that was because of my less than favourable review but I know it's probably because the technical "experts" haven't a clue what they're doing.

Latest posts

Back