OH god

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

mossie269

Registered Shopper
They are sticking the lavy brush down the toilet again just when i was having my breakfast i am sure there must be better things to try to sell us :mysmilie_13:

Just add the pelvic toner, nose hair clippers, Margaret Dabbs and who needs to diet!

It all comes back to the psychology of sales, which QVC is more and more obviously tapping into.

Create an aspirational vision for your customers to tap into, and insinuate that the products they sell are somehow the keys to that kingdom (hence all the celebrity name-dropping, z-list celeb brand ambassadors etc). Or equally, create dissatisfaction with how you look or feel now and suggest that the products on sale will improve this dissatisfaction.

We all feel better buying something shiny and new, even if the effect is only temporary (and the dent in the bank account is more permanent). QVC is just exploring more ways to tap into that.

Plus the buzz-phrases they use to get an impulsive reaction to buy.

What is the point of a designer anything unless you want to show it off to your friends? When was the last time you wanted to show off a loo brush as the latest must-have? I'm struggling to see how a piece of silicone can give the loo a good old scrub when you clean it, even after watching the ridiculous demonstration they do.

The stupid thing is, I can see and deplore the tactics, but I'm still buying stuff from QVC, I do still enjoy watching it (even better fun to pick up some outrageous point to comment on here), and I am still finding products I want which are beneficial and not available at as keen a price elsewhere.

Need to keep a log of the presenters that watch the demo of this brush, for curiosity sake. Wouldn't fit in with Micael's persona, watching him on the lunch time show on the armchair, all intent as though it is the most serious news item he's presenting, not which Revitalash order number it is this time.

Need to keep a log of the presenters that watch the demo of this brush, for curiosity sake. Wouldn't fit in with Micael's persona, watching him on the lunch time show on the armchair, all intent as though it is the most serious news item he's presenting, not which Revitalash order number it is this time.

That log sounds like a good idea - Micael does tend to be very earnest and serious, doesn't he?

I'd expect Claire Sutton to be as squeamish about this as she is about Poo-pourri!

Well I've never seen this brush everyone keeps talking about and feeling like I'm missing out!

The amount of poop that comes out of some of there mouths, maybe they should be using it to clean their mouths out!

I got my loo brush in the cheap shop for £1 and it is in a very nice black metal canister with punched out holes around the top - it works perfectly and you can buy replacement brushes to put in it if the original gets too ghastly. Got to be a better buy surely.

CC

dont know why they cant use gravy like they do on other things or is that to realistic :puke:

I envisage a far flung corner of Q`s warehouse with a battered cardboard box containing these loo brushes and everytime one of their workers goes to collect one for a customer`s order they draw a line on the side of the box and when there`s 10 lines they put a cross through it because they are counting down to having finally sold them all. This loo brush has had more resurrections than Lazarus !

I can't abide toilet brushes never had one & never will.Would rather attack the job with hand (gloved!!) bleach & toilet paper!

Latest posts

Back