Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Attachments

• Ruth TSV 1.jpg
    Ruth TSV 1.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 311
  • Ruth TSV 2.jpg
    Ruth TSV 2.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 312
Back in the 50's (I just about remember) when teenagers wore those pointy coned bras, they would wear their button up cardis back to front, so its hardly anything new.

No, its another "tight around the hips" made in China jumper - and yes, it looks cheap. For summer wear I prefer 3/4 sleeves anyway, not full length ones that need to be kept pushed up.

Oddly, maybe, if it is quite loose knit, and therefore quite sheer... that's what I am looking for in a summer knit.
Looking at these pictures, I think the lime green in particular looks rather tatty, so I would worry how it would wash up, how carefully one would have to treat it in order not for it to become a creased mess that's really difficult to rectify. I guess that would be a problem with any lightweight summer jumper, so it all comes down to the price at the end of the day. At a glance it doesn't look like anything I'd want to pay more than £20 for , but it's cotton and it's Ruth/QVC so my guess is that you'll be talking the best part of £40 when you add the postage - could even be more. Have a good shop around before "D" day and see what's out there first!

I’ve just been reading Jackie’s blog and it’s going to be available in quite a few colours including pink, orange, citrus, blue, white and navy

Ruth Langsford Summer Slub V Neck Jumper
Item Number: 193173
QVC Price £45.00
Todays Special Value Price £34.95
P&P £3.95
5 Easy Pays of £6.99

Lightweight and breathable, this cotton-rich jumper from Ruth Langsford is ideal for the summer months but will see through to autumn too as a versatile layering piece. We love the fashionable look of the V-neckline, which you'll find on the front and back, as well as the added texture created from the jersey stitching and rib details. Pull it on for those fresher mornings and evenings (or the odd rainy day!) when you crave something cosy yet cool.
*A great saving: If you were to buy this Ruth Langsford Summer Slub V Neck Jumper from QVCUK.com after this offer ends, you’d pay £45 plus P&P. So for our Today’s Special Value price of just £34.95 plus P&P, you’re saving £10.05.
Luxurious linen look - this lightweight jumper is made from a cotton and viscose fabric with slub yarn detail to give the design the appearance of linen knitwear. So, you can get the luxury look you want but with the added benefit of the jumper being super soft, comfortable and easy to care for.
Knitwear isn't only for the cold - what with unpredictable British weather, it's an essential for summer too. The trick is to go for something lightweight that will give you breathability and a comfortable amount of coverage without letting you overheat - which is exactly what you get here!
A colourful choice - there are plenty of bright and breezy colour options, so take your pick from Cornflower Blue, Candy Pink, Citrus or Orange Sorbet and turn up the vibrancy of your summer knitwear collection. Prefer to go classic? Then choose crisp White or timeless Navy.
  • Long sleeves
  • Rib details on neckline, cuffs and hemline
  • Relaxed fit
  • 60% cotton, 40% viscose
  • Machine washable at 30C
Colour options:
  • Cornflower Blue
  • Candy Pink
  • Citrus
  • Orange Sorbet
  • White
  • Navy
Garment measurements:
  • Chest: XS: 100.3cm (39.5"), S: 105.4cm (41.5"), M: 110.5cm (43.5"), L: 116.8cm (46"), XL: 124.5cm (49"), 2XL: 134.6cm (53"), 3XL: 144.8cm (57")
  • Length: XS: 69.9cm (27.5"), S: 70.5cm (27.8"), M: 71.1cm (28"), L: 72.1cm (28.4"), XL: 73.3cm (28.9"), 2XL: 75.3cm (29.6"), 3XL: 77.5cm (30.5")
All measurements are approximate

See her fans are buying this, or its a low stock buy-in to begin with. I'm not willing to part with the 4 tenners from my purse for this.

I'm now in the mindset of " do I spend 40 quid on this, OR 40 quid on groceries ? ". I know this could be said about everything, but realistically if you actually have 2 x 20's or 4 x 10s in your purse would you take this amount from your purse and buy it ? Um, NO I wouldn't.

Latest posts

Back