Ruth Langsford TSV 12/2/22

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

After wearing the medium at 9pm and midnight this morning at 11am Ruth is wearing the large, which in my opinion doesn’t look too big at all.
Just wish she would drop this I don’t fasten this medium jacket business.
Whats wrong with a large or XL then the item at least with meet up in the middle. Plus a thing I noticed following a quick comparison of the chest measurements of the items that flashed up on screen at midnight, some of the jackets and tops seemed to have the same chest measurements. Perhaps that explains why these outer garments don‘t then do up if there width are the same as the thin close to the skin under garment.

They were just saying that another woman had bought three pairs of her "boyfriend" jeans, one pair she wears as they are, another she has cut down into shorts, and the other one she's died black! Dumbfounded, and then some!
On to today's tsv - It makes the top of Ruth's body look like a plumptious pillow, Jackie doesn't look too bad. What I can say is that the pink looks good on nobody! also, that the colour blocking just makes the garment look weird.
She's also selling a faux leather coat that looks like faux leather immediately. You may be momentarily fooled by one of her biker jackets as there's a lot of detail to distract the eye, but this looks as thin as paper and hangs in a way that screams fake!
Model Ali was wearing it in the "conker", a colour that they decided gave it a 70's retro vibe, and to be fair, that it did. It took me straight back to the sight of Mr Chapman, the proprietor of our local hardware store wearing his overall complete with a pencil tucked behind his ear!
Ali modelled it undone throughout and of course at Ruth's request with the sleeves rolled up - It's supposed to be a coat ffs, not something you're gonna be doing the washing up in, or cleaning the toilet - £92.45 they were asking for that - Yep I'm dumbfounded!

This business of having sleeves rolled up (which the models do all the time), really p......ses me off. Why in God's name bother to buy long sleeves if its worn rolled up to the elbow ??? I've been caught out so many times with QVC when a model has done this, and getting the jumper home the sleeves have been too long and come way below my hand. Perhaps I should sue under the Trades Description.

I don't know about anyone else on here, but when I go out and about, I NEVER see anyone with pushed up sleeves, coats/jackets or otherwise. Katy 'Moda' does this a lot with sweaters, and all it does is create bulk around the elbow and looks ****** awful.

Its not much to ask to see how a jacket/coat looks when actually done up, or how long the sleeves are.

Lord above, if she speaks at home like the precise way she does on qvc, it would drive me bonkers.

I wonder if she's practising her grin for her fashion event.

1. My basic grin - barely a smile as I tolerate the fawning masses
2. My describing grin - animated and showing teeth, I need you to BUY
3. My £125 megawatt - Selfie ready - its what you've paid for so I'm delivering

After wearing the medium at 9pm and midnight this morning at 11am Ruth is wearing the large, which in my opinion doesn’t look too big at all.
Just wish she would drop this I don’t fasten this medium jacket business.
Whats wrong with a large or XL then the item at least with meet up in the middle. Plus a thing I noticed following a quick comparison of the chest measurements of the items that flashed up on screen at midnight, some of the jackets and tops seemed to have the same chest measurements. Perhaps that explains why these outer garments don‘t then do up if there width are the same as the thin close to the skin under garment.

When you see the sizing for this stuff, its not surprising that the jackets are never fastened. I generally take a 22 to accommodation my upper arms in sleeves, and the bust size for a 22 ? its 46". I'm a 44DD - mainly broad back, so I would struggle to get this on, let alone get it across my bust.

Even Helene Berman's size 20 is a 51" bust and fits me a treat. So for all her spiel she needs to get a grip on her sizing.

Also, what’s her obsession of pulling the neck of a garment over one shoulder? When something isn’t designed to do that , it just looks silly. ( she seems to think it looks ‘soccer mom’ or something!)
Back in the 80's these loose necked jumpers were all the rage, and how ****** uncomfortable they were to wear and when it turned a bit chilly in the evening...OMG! It was bad enough when garments were designed like this, but there's something I don't like about yanking sleeves and necklines out of shape cause it eventually ruins the garment.

Unless you are a Californian beach babe with locks to match, a teenager who has the body, then pretty much everyone else cannot get away with the oversized off the shoulder jumper look. Unless its a cover-up poncho style over a cami or tee, but Merry you are right, when it starts getting chilly, then trying to make the neckline straight under a coat or cardi is when 'style and being cool' goes out of the window as you struggle to look tidy.

I'm not going out until later on today so I thought for a laugh I'd put your theory to the test. I chose an outfit from Ruth's range including the faux leather coat and other stuff from her range. So, the coat, her jeans, trainers, vest top, jumper, handbag and necklace came to £502.03 this included £29.65 p&p.
I popped over to Marks and Spencer and put the same items (bar the handbag) into my basket. Nothing was in the sale btw. The total came to £393 and the postage was free! I need to add at this juncture that the coat was leather (real leather) as were the trainers (Jones the bootmaker brand). The jumper was pure Merino wool, and the vest contained the "modal" she's always banging on about!
The handbag, I then popped over to Radley's own website and would've been able to buy a very similar leather bag in their sale for £93.50 (incl p&p).
In all, my virtual shopping spree cost me £486.50 - a saving of £26.53. That's crazy isn't it, when you consider that I bought mainly full price items of considerably better quality, from 2 reputable retailers including a couple of high end brands all delivered to my door for £4.50!
Why on God's fine earth are people doing spending their money on Ruthie's dubious offerings, and paying so much in p&p? I really don't get it!
Her repeat, repeat customers are in awe of her imo. They revere her so much that they swallow everything she says and want to look like her from top to bottom. It would be fun to be a fly on the wall when she has her Billingsgate 'do'. There are sure to be crowds of women all wearing her outfits, maybe some dressed exactly the same.
The report on your shopping spree was very interesting.

I don’t believe, for one minute, she ‘designs’ any of her clothing range - shown rails of items fresh from the container, sent by China, and told “take your pick” from this lot luv…. Put your name to them and we will sell the items many times their value.

Victoria Beckham (another designer lol) she ain’t …

I've had cotton jumpers before and they stretch to size ginormous after a couple of washes. Won't buy them again even if I liked them and I don't like these ones. I personally think all RL's offerings are a bit frumpy and all that animal print is very dated.

CC

Animal print. I like it but only scatterings here and there. Except for caravan bedding, caravan fleece PJs, caravan dressing gown. Would I wear/use them at home, hell no but look forward to opening caravan up in a fortnight with my leopard print linens all freshly washed on Thursday and Friday and dried on a little bit of sun and lots of wind. Any cobwebs there were well blown away. About 12 days to go, not that I'm counting.

Think I've one top for normal use and a top with a bit of a trim that you need to be close, and nobody has been allowed that close for a long time. Like some animal print clothes but some look so stale, cheap and oh that hurts my eyes. Never liked coloured animal print just a bit of normal leopard. I'm no Bet Lynch.

I'm glad I'm not the only caravan girl out there! We're back in on 13 March :D

CC

If we have a dry day this week we are going down, just to see what we need. I want to wash all the cutlery, china, glasses, give it a good vac, check food cupboards as I'm sure they are different to my list and photos. Not sure when we open on paper 1/March but if there is a rugby match or the first is a Sunday they open 10am the Friday before. And I mean 10am, a neighbour got there at 09:40 one year and mot allowed in. The owners are beyond petty if your face doesn't fit. The night before would have been OK if you crawl up their bum. So from that you can guess I'm more like the 3 March. 🤣🙄🤣

Our face fits but I don't know why as we don't creep! We bought an upgraded van last year, not new but new to us. The owner got his sums all wrong and we got an extremely good deal :D:D I wouldn't let him go back on it either as we'd shaken hands and all that. Still wasn't cheap though but what the hell.

CC

Our face fits but I don't know why as we don't creep! We bought an upgraded van last year, not new but new to us. The owner got his sums all wrong and we got an extremely good deal :D:D I wouldn't let him go back on it either as we'd shaken hands and all that. Still wasn't cheap though but what the hell.

CC

We don't fit because we bought our van privately. Three lots had gone down before us, one bought one they were selling, one was going to buy but changed their mind just as they were going to sign, third drew back last minute. Owners are hard nosed business people really not nice. Mam wants to upgrade but I refuse. They booted a family out before 11am on a Sunday morning, I mean booted them and caravan out. Caravan disconnected and taken to the entrance and told to pick it up before lunch time Tuesday. That was May time and no refund of fees. Never got to know what happened. And don't get me started on the rules and how they are applied or not. Someone had to sell a new mega posh caravan it was only 2-3 months old and they lost some £35k on the sale. They really do like their bottoms kept sparkly clean few times a minute and you can guess I'm never ever in that queue for anyone or anybody.

We have a motorhome, one of the big ones so we can take all the dogs & we like to tour rather than stay in one place
Just packing it up again after we had to take everything out for it’s annual habitation check & service. Can’t wait to be off again, only this constant rain been putting us off as we don’t lay it up for the winter except for the couple of weeks for the Hab check/ service.
This one is the third van we’ve had.

Animal print. I like it but only scatterings here and there. Except for caravan bedding, caravan fleece PJs, caravan dressing gown. Would I wear/use them at home, hell no but look forward to opening caravan up in a fortnight with my leopard print linens all freshly washed on Thursday and Friday and dried on a little bit of sun and lots of wind. Any cobwebs there were well blown away. About 12 days to go, not that I'm counting.

Think I've one top for normal use and a top with a bit of a trim that you need to be close, and nobody has been allowed that close for a long time. Like some animal print clothes but some look so stale, cheap and oh that hurts my eyes. Never liked coloured animal print just a bit of normal leopard. I'm no Bet Lynch.
Animal print has been around for as long as I've been around but during the last year or so, we've seen it on everything, which was fun in the beginning, but by now has gone stale. I hope it goes into the background again. It looks like QVC have a lot of animal print to shift. They got on the band wagon early.

Latest posts

Back