Ruth Langsford TSV 12/2/22

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

No, that's a given and I don't even she would need a checklist to remember that one lol! Though I think she might need to remember to make sure that Stine the stylist isn't putting any of the larger girls into clothes of a colour that would remotely suit them.
Will Claire be wearing the leggings in the "Classic black" or "Pig pink"? Pig pink of course -Right answer!
and....willl Claire deffo be wearing something that totally covery the arse, hips, & tum? You betcha!

And so the tight bum jumpers carry on.......... on this morning with Katy even the model couldn't make this offering look good around the derriere. Ruth looks a disaster in her own jumpers, and Periere (?) couldn't do it justice either, WHY are her jumpers baggy around the bust and tight as hell round the a.....se ??

Heard Ruth say she had a deep rib made on the base of this sweater so you could place it just were you wanted and then blouson it over.
My word dicing with death this morning with lots of moving about and posing looking into the camera required by Perio as seen in this video. Well phew 🤭she just about managed it in time. 😉😂

Even Pirjo can't makethat one look good. I really think Ruthie just goes through Chinese factory catalogues, then says I'll have x amount of this and x of that. Then we'll a few embelishments or a zip or whatever to make it "hers".

Even Pirjo can't makethat one look good. I really think Ruthie just goes through Chinese factory catalogues, then says I'll have x amount of this and x of that. Then we'll a few embelishments or a zip or whatever to make it "hers".
And her obsession with orange ! which is a colour that rarely looks good on anyone over 12. Oh sorry, its Sunset Red, um, right.

I'm not a big fan of V necked jumpers at the best of times, they remind me of school uniform. Neither am I a big fan of skin tight knitwear, deep ribbed hemlines, or shiny acrylic - therefore Ruth's jumpers are a real turn off for me. I love the colour orange but I wouldn't necessarily want to wear it!

Attachments

• Ruth TSV 1.jpg
    Ruth TSV 1.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 175
  • Ruth TSV 2.jpg
    Ruth TSV 2.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 188
  • Ruth TSV 3.jpg
    Ruth TSV 3.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 162
  • Ruth TSV 4.jpg
    Ruth TSV 4.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 157
  • Ruth TSV 5.jpg
    Ruth TSV 5.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 180
Nooooo Ruth, its time to ditch the jeans and boots look. Somehow you manage to make it look really dated.

I suppose like other ranges (as I've alluded to many times) the larger the sweater the longer the arms and baggier the cuffs. Anyway I've just bought a great lightweight jumper from Kaleidoscope.

Oh well now the penny drops with me regards to this TSV.😉😂
I recall Katy and Ruth doing an Ottoman item recently in a hour they both did together. Ruth was holding her v neck sweater that had some stitching missed around the neckline. 🤭 Katy asked why the Ottoman fabric was 100% cotton, was it due to the ribbed fabric. Ruth had obviously learned to aid her presentations that all her pieces in the Ottoman fabric are 100% cotton. But replying the reason was that her customers sometimes just want all cotton items, instead of her usual mixed with polyester knits. To which Katy replied that she thought it could be to form the ribbed fabric. Ruth replied it could be that, but actually she didn’t know. Video of presentation 👇🏼

Sorry about all that, but going back to the TSV. My guess is the TSV will be sold as Ruth addressing requests, capitalising with a change of a 100% cotton TSV.

I've had cotton jumpers before and they stretch to size ginormous after a couple of washes. Won't buy them again even if I liked them and I don't like these ones. I personally think all RL's offerings are a bit frumpy and all that animal print is very dated.

CC
I'll hold my hand up to owning a leopard print blouse with a pussycat bow and I also have chiffon scarf - I love both of them, but you've got to be careful with animal print as you're right it can look really dated and I'd say a bit ridiculous. In my opinion it looks wrong on knitwear full stop. I think a middle aged, or older woman should wear it with caution, an accent scarf can look great - but jumpsuits, dresses, handbags and God forbid, leggings aren't gonna make you look edgy, just desparate!
I'm not for one minute saying that people of a certain age should have to wear drab colours, but looking at those jumpers, especially the bright pink/blue and the orange . It would make anyone of any age look eccentric!

I'll hold my hand up to owning a leopard print blouse with a pussycat bow and I also have chiffon scarf - I love both of them, but you've got to be careful with animal print as you're right it can look really dated and I'd say a bit ridiculous. In my opinion it looks wrong on knitwear full stop. I think a middle aged, or older woman should wear it with caution, an accent scarf can look great - but jumpsuits, dresses, handbags and God forbid, leggings aren't gonna make you look edgy, just desparate!
I'm not for one minute saying that people of a certain age should have to wear drab colours, but looking at those jumpers, especially the bright pink/blue and the orange . It would make anyone of any age look eccentric!
Oh man the ****** orange tat really grates on me

I put QVC on earlier for about 10 mins.

It was a Ruth show with Jackie.

Jackie in a bright orange v neck, cricket jumper - the colour didn’t suit her at all esp with her hair...

Ruth too has bright orange on.

A truly awful T shirt with a really naff gold star on it...

Sort of thing my nieces used to wear when they were about 8yo!

This T-shirt - a short sleeved, basic jersey T-shirt with heart printed on front - was about £37 inc postage.
Seriously?!

Next item as a 3/4 sleeve basic top - about £44 plus post I think.
I turned off very quickly at that point!

I’ve got a real “thing” about animal print!

I’m early 40’s and have never worn anything animal print - and refuse to, even sleep wear or as a trim etc.
I just find it soo not me and feel tacky!

But the funny thing is I quite like a touch of it on some other people - especially shoes or bag or scarf with the right outfit.
I think it just suits certain people’s personalities and styles.
But too and it just looks naff to me!

Can’t agree about older people and colour though!
I do think it depends a lot on what suits you and your colouring - increasingly hard once grey...
But my mum has dark olive skin, almost big 7-0 and looks fab in orange or fuchsia.
She’s not at all eccentric! (I don’t think?!) 😉

Her range is too 'frumpy' for me - and I'm 73 ! ok if you want the head to toe 'smart' look, but even her biker / denim jackets all smacks a bit of a 60 year old plus wearing it with pressed jeans !!! and a lot of her 'pieces' can be bought in Sainsbury's for a fraction.

Anyway, I've decided not to buy anymore new clothes. I have enough to see me out for all occasions, and after seeing the pictures of clothes mountains in the desert of W. Chile, I was shocked at the waste that fashion creates. Yes, we can give loads to charity shops, but what about the stuff they cannot sell ? off it goes to waste clothing dealers who ship it off to God knows where to rot into the landscape. Its shameful and I'm as guilty as the next person, but not anymore.

Her range is too 'frumpy' for me - and I'm 73 ! ok if you want the head to toe 'smart' look, but even her biker / denim jackets all smacks a bit of a 60 year old plus wearing it with pressed jeans !!! and a lot of her 'pieces' can be bought in Sainsbury's for a fraction.

Anyway, I've decided not to buy anymore new clothes. I have enough to see me out for all occasions, and after seeing the pictures of clothes mountains in the desert of W. Chile, I was shocked at the waste that fashion creates. Yes, we can give loads to charity shops, but what about the stuff they cannot sell ? off it goes to waste clothing dealers who ship it off to God knows where to rot into the landscape. Its shameful and I'm as guilty as the next person, but not anymore.

Haha know what you mean about that look of pressed jeans (I’m even thinking with ironed crease down the centre!) with denim or pleather jacket - bad!

But well done you to committing to buying less or no new clothes....
Those photos are very sobering and important reminder to us all not to continue to contribute to the problem.

You’re quite right about donating to charity shops - or even worse those bags you get through the door.
I’ve volunteered in charity shops and my aunt still does and the amount that is donated (and the state of it - often bc people too lazy to sort it and recycle it etc) is shocking!

Some will get recycled but most not snd it has to go to landfill... 😢

Latest posts

Back