Ruth Langsford TSV 12/2/22

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

RL's checklist

Does it do up? No - perfect
Is it tight around the chest and hips? Yes -perfect
Is it available in sunset red? - No, but I'll tell them I've had loads of requests and guess what? "I'm working on it - see I listen to you all"
Is it overpriced? "Hey, does the pope $h*t in the woods?"
Is it polyester? - Is there any other fabric?!
Is it made in China? Yes of course - Great there's nothing like their nimble little fingers (but don't show a close up of the label for God's sake!)
Is there a sample in my correct size I can model on air? No - Perfect, that means I can tell the viewers I'm wearing the wrong size and it still looks great!
Could there possibly be any confusion about what colour is what? Yes - Great, we can tell the viewers that if they want the green one order the "cappuccino" always good to have a laugh, I mean who makes up these names? Who designs these ****** things? Oops, too much said!
You've summed her up perfectly. She's always so sincere, whether she means it or not!

I was looking for ankle boots but Ruth’s were much too high for me. Ruth trying to convince the platform was huge. I just don’t believe she designed those.
I don't think she designs anything. Others do it and she says yea or nay.

Stating at the start of the midnight launch the Cafe/Black option has already sold out. Though both the large and 2XL on the website are showing as there is still some stock available.

Ahhhh, but don't forget those publicity pictures showing her sat at her table surrounded by A4 lever arch files, and lots of paper - like she was 'designing' her next creation 🤭 🤭
She and her husband have very creative publicity agents. I also think she is a hard worker and 'driven'. However, I find the public persona she has chosen to adopt (kind, friendly, sincere, sympathetic, etc) too angelic to be true. She certainly must have a somewhat hard and fierce character in order to survive in her world.

Of course she is. You know that, we know that, but the intelligence of the fawning fatties who turn up to worship at the shrine of Ruthless after coughing up £125 for the privilege, will believe anything.
One woman tweeted that she'd bought all five tsv jumpers and a ticket for £125. I'm dumbfounded.

Heavens she has really convinced herself she is ‘the great designer’.’I have chosen this’ ‘I like this’ I,I,I——so overpowering, and I have only had this on fror a few minutes! Jackie looks entirely turned off and bored but then she cannot get a word in for Ruthless Dior.

One woman tweeted that she'd bought all five tsv jumpers and a ticket for £125. I'm dumbfounded.
They were just saying that another woman had bought three pairs of her "boyfriend" jeans, one pair she wears as they are, another she has cut down into shorts, and the other one she's died black! Dumbfounded, and then some!
On to today's tsv - It makes the top of Ruth's body look like a plumptious pillow, Jackie doesn't look too bad. What I can say is that the pink looks good on nobody! also, that the colour blocking just makes the garment look weird.
She's also selling a faux leather coat that looks like faux leather immediately. You may be momentarily fooled by one of her biker jackets as there's a lot of detail to distract the eye, but this looks as thin as paper and hangs in a way that screams fake!
Model Ali was wearing it in the "conker", a colour that they decided gave it a 70's retro vibe, and to be fair, that it did. It took me straight back to the sight of Mr Chapman, the proprietor of our local hardware store wearing his overall complete with a pencil tucked behind his ear!
Ali modelled it undone throughout and of course at Ruth's request with the sleeves rolled up - It's supposed to be a coat ffs, not something you're gonna be doing the washing up in, or cleaning the toilet - £92.45 they were asking for that - Yep I'm dumbfounded!

They were just saying that another woman had bought three pairs of her "boyfriend" jeans, one pair she wears as they are, another she has cut down into shorts, and the other one she's died black! Dumbfounded, and then some!
On to today's tsv - It makes the top of Ruth's body look like a plumptious pillow, Jackie doesn't look too bad. What I can say is that the pink looks good on nobody! also, that the colour blocking just makes the garment look weird.
She's also selling a faux leather coat that looks like faux leather immediately. You may be momentarily fooled by one of her biker jackets as there's a lot of detail to distract the eye, but this looks as thin as paper and hangs in a way that screams fake!
Model Ali was wearing it in the "conker", a colour that they decided gave it a 70's retro vibe, and to be fair, that it did. It took me straight back to the sight of Mr Chapman, the proprietor of our local hardware store wearing his overall complete with a pencil tucked behind his ear!
Ali modelled it undone throughout and of course at Ruth's request with the sleeves rolled up - It's supposed to be a coat ffs, not something you're gonna be doing the washing up in, or cleaning the toilet - £92.45 they were asking for that - Yep I'm dumbfounded!
I saw the longer jacket this morning and ,at first,thought it was creased on the lower left side, but on a closer shot it was a puckered seam.

The prices of most items in the 9pm show had me shaking my head in disbelief. Buying a complete outfit from Ruthie’s range, including shoes, bag, jewellery and coat would probably struggle to leave you change from £1000; which is extraordinary for a ‘brand’ selling fairly basic items.
I bought one TSV jumper, and I do wear it fairly regularly…but the quality isn’t good, imo.

The prices of most items in the 9pm show had me shaking my head in disbelief. Buying a complete outfit from Ruthie’s range, including shoes, bag, jewellery and coat would probably struggle to leave you change from £1000; which is extraordinary for a ‘brand’ selling fairly basic items.
I bought one TSV jumper, and I do wear it fairly regularly…but the quality isn’t good, imo.
I'm not going out until later on today so I thought for a laugh I'd put your theory to the test. I chose an outfit from Ruth's range including the faux leather coat and other stuff from her range. So, the coat, her jeans, trainers, vest top, jumper, handbag and necklace came to £502.03 this included £29.65 p&p.
I popped over to Marks and Spencer and put the same items (bar the handbag) into my basket. Nothing was in the sale btw. The total came to £393 and the postage was free! I need to add at this juncture that the coat was leather (real leather) as were the trainers (Jones the bootmaker brand). The jumper was pure Merino wool, and the vest contained the "modal" she's always banging on about!
The handbag, I then popped over to Radley's own website and would've been able to buy a very similar leather bag in their sale for £93.50 (incl p&p).
In all, my virtual shopping spree cost me £486.50 - a saving of £26.53. That's crazy isn't it, when you consider that I bought mainly full price items of considerably better quality, from 2 reputable retailers including a couple of high end brands all delivered to my door for £4.50!
Why on God's fine earth are people doing spending their money on Ruthie's dubious offerings, and paying so much in p&p? I really don't get it!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back