Tan Accelerators

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mrsmouse

Registered Shopper
I'm looking to buy a tan accelerator for a holiday in a month - does anyone have any top tips - either from QVC or other sites? Thanks

I use the Elemis one. I have very fair skin and I use it to avoid burning rather than to tan. Since I've been using it before my Florida holidays I've never had sunburn and I ALWAYS got burnt before. I would like a tan but off-white is all I ever manage!!

I use Zhuzh - I am fair skinned, will burn in the sun very quickly but this stuff has actually made a difference on me.

I get it from Ebay, much cheaper than Ideal World (if they still sell it)

my mum used TA before holls and then during underneath her suntan lotion, she still hasa nice colour after quite a few months, thats my suggestion HTH :)

I have tried Elemis, Gatineau, Ecotan and Zhuzh. I am very fair and they did not give me a tan but as the OP said they completely stopped me from burning. There was nothing much to choose between them. The Zhuzh probably works out as better value.

I'm olive skinned and tan easily. I've noticed that my tan lasts a lot longer if I'm fanatic with the body lotion before I go and when I get back. It doesn't help me get a tan as such but my legs aren't pasty and they last saw the sun in October.

ive used elemis, zhuzh, ecotan and various others and none of them have made one iota of difference. the elemis one also stains white sheets.

The best one I ever used was the original Gatineau tab accelerator about 10 years ago. Gatineau reformulated into something else which isn't anywhere near as good as the original. I have had good results with Elemis. I went lovely and brown within a few days in Italy. Trick is to apply it every day for 2 weeks before you go as it builds up the melanin in the skin.

I bought EcoTan in TK Maxx last year and really liked it. Used it for a few weeks before I went away, then every morning before my sunscreen. I did get a really good tan in only a week, so it worked for me.

Is tan accelerator another one of those beauty psycho babble myths? I am off to research if melatonin can actually be brought to the surface, as have heard claimed!! By the way, does anyone know of any sites debunking beauty products? Currently reading Bad Science by Ben Goldacre and it's got me in the mood :D

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk

I like the Elemis one - I never tan and always just burn to a crisp, then peel, no matter how careful I am to stay out of the sun. We had maybe 8-10 sunny days this year and I managed to get a bit of colour and after my holiday my (still modest) tan stayed around for a good long while. Love the feel of it on the skin, too.

Zhuzh for me. I go a lovely colour & it remains. I can still see the remnants of my tan from October.

Its got to be Zhuzh for me every time. I buy it direct from the website but Ideal World do have some good deals as Pick Of The Day although maybe not before you go away

Zhuzh for me as well. Start using is a couple of weeks before you go on hols. I found that you got a nice even tan. I'm hoping it will work for me this year. My skin has thinned over the last couple of years - due to age and chemo. We are off to Florida in March to visit family so I shall start my 'regime' at the end of Feb. and hope to get a bit of colour by just being in some sunshine (obviously not serious sun bathing) I will also have to use a high factor sun screen

Decleor Aromessence Solaire was the first I tried and have never moved from. It's fantastic - can't recommend it highly enough. Had pale skin when I tried it originally and since then have had chemo and radiotherapy and continuing treatment and it doesn't have any adverse effect, plus makes my skin develop a gorgeous tan which lasts and lasts. Use Liz Earle sun cream too.

Enjoy your hols!!!

I'm not sure whether this was the reason but I used the Elemis one summer and I had dark pigment patches appear, as if the Tan Accelerator had brought out the colour when I tanned but in patches instead of all over tan. As I say, I can't prove it was that but they have remained and I have to now cover the patches with a Lancome bronze make up.

Latest posts

Back