Tanzanite

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yeah, I noticed that, bless him, he just can't help himself from overembelishing everything can he?!
But, he's doing quite well so far tonight so maybe he's trying to change. From what I saw last night he didn't do too badly either.
Peter Simon, you've started to make improvements over the last couple of evenings so keep it up, change can happen.

It's precious metals he often seems to fall down on deedee. I have said this a million times that I don't mind the tall tales, in fact they are often hilarious. But when he claims an item contains not far off 2 grams of gold when it weighs 1.33 grams we have a problem, a major problem.

Gotta give it to Peter though, she really appears to love her handbags, dosen't she? :giggle:

It's precious metals he often seems to fall down on deedee. I have said this a million times that I don't mind the tall tales, in fact they are often hilarious. But when he claims an item contains not far off 2 grams of gold when it weighs 1.33 grams we have a problem, a major problem.

Gotta give it to Peter though, she really appears to love her handbags, dosen't she? :giggle:

Yes Wirral, he mostly gets himself in a knot when selling jewellery closely followed by fashion!
But I know what you mean, it's not good when he continues to misrepresent and mislead by exaggerating the product spec.
Oh yeah, she certainly does love her handbags........delicious in fact!

Just a heads up guys that Mr James is selling the 'Majestic Tanzanite' range again tonight so the mystery surrounding the Silver Pendant might be solved. I just hope the certificate shown was merely the wrong one and that the pendant solitaire was indeed 0.23 cts.

We'll see.

Did anyone see Peter selling a bag earlier and mentioning that when you're at the airport... the man at the restaurant admiring your bag... or something along those lines. I mean, some people think I'm nuts but PS takes the pizza!

Did anyone see Peter selling a bag earlier and mentioning that when you're at the airport... the man at the restaurant admiring your bag... or something along those lines. I mean, some people think I'm nuts but PS takes the pizza!

He was hysterical the other night, he was flogging some jewellery and said something like 'imagine being seen with it on in Paris, Bournemouth and Clacton' :giggle:

He was hysterical the other night, he was flogging some jewellery and said something like 'imagine being seen with it on in Paris, Bournemouth and Clacton' :giggle:

Oh that is hilarious, I didn't see it but only Peter could come up with something like that, absolutely classic :giggle:

Just a heads up guys that Mr James is selling the 'Majestic Tanzanite' range again tonight so the mystery surrounding the Silver Pendant might be solved. I just hope the certificate shown was merely the wrong one and that the pendant solitaire was indeed 0.23 cts.

We'll see.

I didn't see the preview for James' shift. Do you know if he has the same necklace again?

I didn't see the preview for James' shift. Do you know if he has the same necklace again?

He previewed a pendant but it wasn't the same one deedee. They sold out of the heart pendant the other night so I don't know if they even have any more stock. However, the one tonight looks a similar size so it will be interesting to see what the carat weight of the stone is.

I heard James say AAAA is perfection which i'm not sure is quite factual.

I'll tell you what it was - he claimed that tanzanite is trichroic, which is incorrect - all tanzanite is heat treated, whereupon it becomes dichroic, and the burgundy colour in the gem is lost.

I'll tell you what it was - he claimed that tanzanite is trichroic, which is incorrect - all tanzanite is heat treated, whereupon it becomes dichroic, and the burgundy colour in the gem is lost.

I thought he said Tanzanite is trichloric which I believe it is but I could have misheard.

I thought he said Tanzanite is trichloric which I believe it is but I could have misheard.
Tanzanite, in its untreated form is trichroic (trichloric is something different completely - a compound with three chlorine molecules) - however, it is always heat treated for jewellery, which makes it dichroic. The third colour that is there before heat treatment is lost.

EDIT: Interestingly, Peter Simon calls it pleochroic (or pluchroic, as he pronounces it), which is a correct description.

Last edited:
Tanzanite, in its untreated form is trichroic (trichloric is something different completely - a compound with three chlorine molecules) - however, it is always heat treated for jewellery, which makes it dichroic. The third colour that is there before heat treatment is lost.

EDIT: Interestingly, Peter Simon calls it pleochroic (or pluchroic, as he pronounces it), which is a correct description.

Thanks Bilky.

You might be interested to know that Peter Simon says there is a place in the south of France called Saint TrooPee and I for one would love to visit there.

Latest posts

Back